Turkey is considered to be one of the most useful and high-quality types of diet poultry meat. She is bred in many countries of the world, including Russia. From her meat you can cook a lot of delicious, light and mouth-watering dishes, for example, medallions. They will decorate, as a usual family dinner, and a solemn table.
The first use of turkey meat is due to the fact that it contains a lot of vitamins A and E. In addition, it contains little cholesterol, it is well absorbed and digested. Because of this, this product is dietary.
Turkey meat also includes calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, manganese, iodine and magnesium. Therefore, when used, the human body is saturated not only with excellent protein, but also with other important trace elements that it needs for normal functioning.
Turkey has almost no contraindications, so you can safely include it in your diet, you just have to monitor the quality and freshness of meat.
How to make delicious turkey medallions?
Turkey medallions called white meat, without skin and bones, which was cut from the poultry breast. It may be a little dry, so just before cooking it is better to pickle or wrap aromatic and juicy bacon on top. He, in turn, will give the dish an interesting flavor note. Cooking options for this dish are many, everyone will find something to their liking.
Selection of the bestreceptors
With pesto sauce
- Turkey fillet - 700 g
- Green Pesto - 150 ml
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Salt, black pepper - to taste
- Broccoli - for garnish
- First you need to preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- After that, you can begin to prepare the products: rinse the turkey fillets thoroughly, dry with a paper towel and cut into small pieces.
- It must be remembered that turkey meat can be very easily dried in the oven and then it will lose its original taste.
- Take a frying pan, pour a little vegetable oil into it and heat it well.
- After the smoke started to emit from the butter, meat should be laid out in the pan and roasted for 2 minutes on each side, during which time a ruddy crust should form on it.
- Then the meat should be shifted on a plate, a little salt and pepper. After that, each medallion must be smeared with pesto sauce and put on a baking sheet, previously covered with paper for baking, so that the meat does not burn.
- Now the baking tray can be sent to the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the medallions are ready, you can do the preparation of a side dish. For this broccoli, cut into inflorescences, you need to boil in salted water for 6 minutes, then discard the colander and that's all - now the dish of turkey medallions with broccoli can be served!
With sour cream
- Turkey fillet - 1 kg
- Bacon - 0.5 kg
- Sour cream - 300 ml
- Seasoning for poultry, salt, black pepper - to taste
- Rinse the meat and cut into small portions, salt and pepper, add seasoning and carefully wrap each piece in a slice of bacon. Then fix the structure with a toothpick and shift it to a frying pan with high sides.
- Now the meat should be poured with boiled water so that it completely covers the medallions and put on fire.
- After boiling, add sour cream to the pan and simmer for half an hour on low heat until the meat is ready.
- Then the dish should be shifted to a plate and serve with any side dish, also on top everything can be decorated with greens.
Turkey medallions: a recipe with photos
- Turkey fillet - 750 g
- Bacon - 200 g
- Tomato - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Olives - 30 g
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Thyme, salt, black pepper - to taste
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Ginger powder - 0.5 tsp.
- Cut the turkey fillet into small pieces.
- To prepare the marinade you need to mix lemon juice, ginger powder, vinegar, pepper and salt. After all the ingredients have been well mixed, the resulting marinade must be poured over the meat and left for half an hour to marinate.
- After that, the already marinated fillets should be sprinkled with thyme and wrap each piece in thinly sliced bacon. Secure with toothpicks or skewers and fry in a pan on each side for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the tomatoes into small pieces, cut the onion into half rings, and olives into slices.
- Fry the vegetables in the butter, which remains from roasting the meat until cooked.
- Now the meat should be served on a plate with vegetables and everything - the dish is ready for serving!
Turkey meat is not only valuable in terms of nutritional value, but also very tasty and product! Medallions made from the meat of this bird have a pleasant, special aroma, and it takes very little time to prepare them.