Turkey meat is considered to be the most suitable for the diet. In addition, it contains a lot of microelements that are so necessary for our body, and the taste of turkey is very tender and soft. As is known, the success of any meat dish depends not only on the meat itself, but also on the sauce used in its preparation. Today we look at how to cook the turkey in sour cream sauce. Believe me, this dish will not leave anyone indifferent.
How to cook a tasty turkey in sour cream sauce?
And although turkey is not considered a traditional dish of Russian cuisine, it is cooked in almost every home. Experienced hostesses share with us their secrets of cooking tasty and tender turkey meat:
- Turkey is better to buy chilled, not frozen. There is a lot of water in frozen meat, but less useful properties.
- The turkey can be baked either whole or in portions. If you want to cook a low-calorie dietary dish, then take the carcass fillet.
- When cooking turkey fillets, it should be borne in mind that this part of the poultry is dry and fibrous, so you must use the sauce. The ideal option would be sour cream sauce.
- Turkey with cream sauce can be cooked in a pan, in a slow cooker and oven. Very tasty is also stewed and boiled turkey meat.
Cooking dietary dish - turkey fillet
If you follow the diet, then you are perfect recipe for boiled turkey meat in cream sauce. Believe me, boiled turkey will turn out no less tasty than baked in the oven.
- 0.5 kg turkey fillet;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- a mixture of spices (you can take a bay leaf, pepper, peas and cloves);
- 150 ml of sour cream;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- nutmeg (grated).
- Turkey fillets need to be washed and dried.
- Put the fillet in a pot of water and put it on the oven. Wait until the water boils, and then boil the meat for 5 minutes.
- The first broth should be drained, and the saucepan should be filled with clean water and cooked again.
- As soon as the water boils, add the peeled onion and carrots to the broth, salt, pepper and don’t forget to season with spices. Boil fillet until done. It usually takes about an hour - it all depends on the age of the turkey.
- Finished meat should be cut into medium cubes.
- Cooking sour cream sauce. To do this, add nutmeg to sour cream, squeeze garlic and season it with spices. All should be well mixed.
- Spread the meat on a plate, sprinkle with sour cream on top and sprinkle with greens. Our dish is ready!
Juicy turkey in the oven
To make the fillet juicy, you need to bake it in large pieces in foil or take a special utyatnitsa. For the same recipe, you can bake the whole turkey.
- 500 g turkey fillet;
- 200 ml of sour cream;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- white wine (better to take dessert) - 30 ml;
- a mixture of spices, herbs, salt.
- First prepare the fillets: wash and dry, cut into large cubes.
- Meat should be salted, seasoned with spices and pepper.
- Now you need to wrap the fillet in foil. This can be done in two ways: either wrap all the meat at once, or each piece separately.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and place the meat in the foil on the baking sheet. We bake for an hour and a half.
- While our fillet is being prepared, we will make sour cream sauce: add wine, spices, squeeze garlic into the sour cream and mix everything well.
- After the set time has elapsed, the oven should be turned off and a baking sheet of meat should be taken out.
- Gently unfold the foil and pour the sour cream sauce over the turkey, and then place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes to make the meat reach. The oven does not need to be turned on - the heat will be enough for the meat until it cools.
- Ready turkey meat should be sprinkled with herbs.
This recipe can be slightly modified and bake the turkey in a cream sauce in the sleeve. In this case, the fillet should be poured over the sauce, and then put it in the sleeve. The meat will be very soft and tender.
Turkey in a slow cooker
If you do not have time for cooking dinner, you can make a turkey fillet in a slow cooker. In this recipe, we will move a little away from the classic sour cream sauce and cook meat in a mustard-sour cream sauce.
- 0.5 kg turkey fillet;
- sour cream - 300 g;
- 2 tbsp. l mustard;
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 3-4 Art. l water;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Turkey fillets need to be marinated. For the marinade, mix 200 g sour cream, soy sauce, 1 tbsp. l mustard, salt and pepper, and then stir. Meat rubbed with marinade and leave for at least 1 hour.
- As soon as our fillet is marinated, it should be placed in the multicooker bowl. Vegetable oil is not necessary to add - sour cream will not allow the turkey to burn.
- We include the program "Frying" and fry the meat for 10 minutes on both sides.
- Cooking sauce: mix 100 g sour cream, 1 tbsp. l mustard, flour and water. All mix well until a homogeneous consistency. Pour turkey fillet sauce.
- Turn on the mode "Quenching" and cook the meat for 30-40 minutes. It is important to follow the sauce: if it boils very quickly, then you need to add some water.
- After the time, leave the fillet in a slow cooker for 10 minutes so that it is a bit later, and then sprinkle it with greens. The dish is ready. Enjoy your meal!
The turkey goes well with mushrooms, so you can feel free to add them when cooking. Do not be afraid to experiment, cook with pleasure - and your turkey in sour cream sauce will be appreciated by all the household!