Turkey has long been considered a useful and dietetic bird. At the same time, it is possible to prepare not only dishes for the diet of a person losing weight from it. Some recipes allow you to use turkey to make cutlets, schnitzels and, of course, chops. The last dish can decorate even a festive table.
Secrets of cooking
Turkey turkey chops are considered a delicacy. Their taste is extraordinarily tender. At the same time, meat contains many nutrients. Prepare them most often from poultry breast. This is due to the fact that this part is the most tender. In addition, it is she who allows you to form flat chops. To make them out of the thighs is unlikely to succeed.
To prepare the chops, you can use both the already-cut breast and the whole carcass. In both cases, you should choose a quality bird. Her skin should be cream-colored with a slight shade of pink. In this case, the spots on the bird can signal that it has deteriorated. Carefully inspect the tray if it is already sold. There should be no blood at the bottom. If it is, then the turkey has been thawed. Such meat is inferior in quality to fresh and chilled.
Turkey Steak: Recipe Basics
All turkey chops are prepared on the same principle. First you need to cut the breast. Chops can be cooked only when it is a fillet. Use the remaining bone for broth.
The resulting turkey fillet is cut into chunks. They should be big enough and not very thick. The last requirement will make the finished dish more tender. Also chops of medium thickness are faster to cook. Remember that meat is always cut across the fibers. It depends on whether the dish is juicy or dry.
The resulting fillet blanks beat off. To do this, use a special culinary hammer. To prevent the meat fibers from breaking, they often put a plastic film on top. Beat off meat from 2 sides. Then it is salted, sprinkled with spices and cooked in any convenient way.
Baked Oatmeal for Diet
This dish is not very calorie. So it is quite suitable for those who are on a diet. You can make it more festive using mushrooms, cheese and vegetables.
- Turkey fillet - 600 gr.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Cheese - 100 gr.
- Mayonnaise, spices, vegetable oil, salt - to taste
- Cut the fillets into chops. Repel every piece. Salt it.
- Grease the baking mold. Put turkey chops in it and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, peel the vegetables. Cut tomatoes, onions, peppers into thin rings. Mix spices and mayonnaise. Rub the cheese on a medium grater.
- Go back to the form with chops. Put the pepper, tomato and onion on them.
- Each chop coat with mayonnaise. Then put the form in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes chops should be sprinkled with grated cheese.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes, rice or baked vegetables.
Classic Recipe Fried Chops
This dish is interesting because at the exit of the chops you get a very tasty crust. In addition, you can cook chops in a skillet in different ways: just fry ham fillets, beaten or use breadcrumbs and batter. In the 2nd case, the chops are juicy and have a festive look.
- Turkey fillet - 500 gr.
- Cheese - 50 gr.
- Breadcrumbs, vegetable oil, spices - to taste
- Take a fresh turkey fillet. It should be pale pink. Using a knife, cut it into oblong pieces. The length can be arbitrary, and the thickness - 1cm.
- Pieces the resulting pieces from 2 sides with a hammer.
- Hard cheese rubbed on a grater and mix with breadcrumbs.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan and set it on medium heat. While it heats up, gently "dip" in the resulting breading mixture from all sides.
- Omit turkey chops to a hot pan. Fry from 2 sides for a minute until golden brown. If necessary, add vegetable oil.
- Ready chops laid on a paper towel. It is necessary to stack excess fat from them. After that, serve the dish to the table.
- This recipe can be improved and made more refined. The only drawback in this case will be the time of preparation. Unlike the last recipe, you can fry the chops immediately, but only after 12-24 hours. Therefore, it is better to start making them at night.
According to an improved recipe for the same number of products, a special marinade is made. To do this, take one tsp. seasonings for chicken, soy sauce, vegetable oil, Provencal herbs. We also need 2 cloves of garlic, passed through a press. All the ingredients are mixed. Then we coat them with chopped chops from 2 sides. Then put the meat in the container. There also pour the remnants of the marinade. Close the container with a lid and shake it up a little. Then put it in a cool place for 12-24 hours. After the meat is soaked with fragrant spices, fry it according to the principle outlined above.
Some tips for those who want to make some great turkey chops:
- Meat when frying should be at room temperature and completely dry. This, firstly, will shorten the cooking time. Secondly, if the chops are wet, then no crust is formed on the surface. Moist meat is simply extinguished.
- Never try to defrost a turkey under hot water. It is better to set it aside for a day on the coldest shelf of the refrigerator. Ice water is also allowed. In the tank pour liquid with ice. Then they put the turkey in there. Water change as the meat thaws.
- Cut the meat only with a sharp knife. Due to this, fillet fibers will not be damaged. As a result, the chops will come juicy.
- The resulting meat juices after frying can be used to create an aromatic gravy. Pour broth or water into a container and bring to a boil (baking tray is heated to 180 degrees). Then in the resulting aromatic liquid you need to enter the flour. The easiest way to do this is with cold butter. Combine both ingredients in equal proportions, then put the resulting cake in a frying pan. Bring to the desired consistency, adding water if necessary and stirring well.
- For frying in the pan, use batter. To do this, take an arbitrary amount of flour and egg. Beat the 2nd ingredient to form a melange. In the flour, pour the spices and salt. Dip the chops, then dip them in the egg. At the end, send the meat to a frying pan heated with oil. Fry for 1 min on both sides.
- Turkey chops without breading should be served with various sauces. They can be sour or sweet. For example, it goes well with bird cranberry sauce.
Turkey chops are very simple, but at the same time incredible delicious dish. Prepare them from bird fillets. To do this, it is cut into arbitrary pieces of medium shape. It is important to beat off the chop blanks on both sides. Then the meat is salted, sprinkled with spices and sent to the pan or in the oven. For a change chops can be rolled in breadcrumbs or dipped in batter.