When the fertile autumn season comes, many of us who have a garden or the opportunity to buy a real product in its season, want to keep more of their tomatoes, and not those that are sold in winter, which are completely impossible to eat.
In addition, I would like to preserve more vitamins and useful properties of a tomato, but how to do it correctly? How to cook tomatoes for the winter without sterilization? To do this, use the recipe for harvesting tomatoes for the winter with gelatin.
Recipe for tomatoes with gelatin without sterilization
- Water - 2 l;
- Sugar - 100 gr .;
- Salt - 60 g;
- Peas - 3 pcs.;
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs .;
- Vinegar 80% - 25 ml;
- Gelatin - ½ tsp;
- Tomatoes - 750 g;
- Onions - 2 heads;
- Tomatoes for cooking must be dense, red, without damage. They need to be washed, pricked with a needle, put in a bowl.
- Onions wash, peel, cut into rings.
- For this recipe you need to cook the marinade. Pour water, preferably distilled into the pan, boil, after boiling add sugar, salt, pepper, cloves, bay leaf into the pan. Mix everything, boil for another 3-5 minutes. Over time, pour vinegar and add the swollen gelatin. It should be soaked in a glass of cold water for an hour before cooking the marinade. Marinade with gelatin boil for another three minutes.
- In this recipe, tomatoes in jars are not sterilized, which saves more vitamins, but banks are sterilized before laying vegetables need. Do not put cold dishes in boiling water, it may burst. The number of products specified in the recipe, based on 1 two-liter jar. Fill the “shoulders” container with layers of tomatoes and onions, pour boiling marinade above the “shoulders”, let the marinade cool. Then pour the marinade, boil it again and pour it into the jar a second time. The same is done the third time.
- Firmly close the jar with a key with a boiled lid. The bank needs to be turned, insulated and left to cool for a day. A day later, put the jar in the cellar.
- Ready tomatoes in gelatin will be 3 weeks after preservation.
Tomatoes in gelatin without sterilization for the winter is a great way to preserve vitamins during the cold season. In addition, tomatoes are tasty. This recipe is worth a try!