Squid meat is a valuable and protein-rich seafood. Despite the fact that it belongs to the category of delicacies, frozen squid meat or canned food can be purchased in almost any department of cooking. To cook the most delicious salad with squid, you need to know some secrets. Let's open them together.
Cooking with the chef
Many housewives avoid cooking complex dishes. They mistakenly believe that squid meat should be subjected to long-term processing. This is not at all the case. All parts of squid can be eaten, with the exception of the beak and eyes. To make a delicious salad out of it, you need to know a few tricks:
- Frozen carcasses of squid must first be thawed.
- Before cooking it is important to properly carve the carcass. To do this, remove the film, pouring boiling water over it, and also remove the chord - a transparent shaft.
- Pay special attention to the heat treatment of squid. Boil it should be no more than 180 seconds. Otherwise, the meat will become rubber and unfit for human consumption.
- If it still happens that you have digested the squid carcass, continue cooking it for another half an hour, and it will definitely become soft again.
- If you want to avoid all difficulties with boiling squid meat, use canned food in its own juice.
- You can add other seafood to squid salad. They are in perfect harmony to taste.
- As a dressing choose mayonnaise or sour cream sauce.
- Fresh cucumbers, hard cheese of various varieties, caviar, crab sticks or meat, fresh tomatoes can be added to squid salad.
- For the preparation of delicious dishes you will need fruits, in particular, avocados and grapefruit.
- Squids taste great with roasted mushrooms. Choose white mushrooms or champignons.
- If you are cooking squid tentacles, then soak them in boiling water for about 5 minutes, and then rinse under running water to remove the surface film.
Salad "Ocean taste" - feel like a gourmet
The recipe for this salad will allow you to prepare a hearty, tasty and unusual appetizer. Spicy salads will give fried squid. For the preparation of the most delicious salad with squid and egg, we need more and polished rice. As you know, the combination of rice and seafood is a win-win for any dish. The main ingredient for the sauce will be sour cream, but to give an unusual taste, we still add a little table mayonnaise.
- 0.5 kg squid fillet;
- 0.2 kg polished rice;
- fresh cucumbers - to taste;
- 4 boiled chicken eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l table mayonnaise;
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream;
- salt extra - to taste.
- For a start, let's do some rice. Boil it in salted water, rinse and lay out in a colander.
- Boil chicken eggs and cool them.
- Squids are washed, cleaned of the film, remove the chord part if necessary, and cut into small chips.
- Fry them in a small amount of refined vegetable oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Boiled eggs cleaned from the shell and cut into cubes.
- Crush fresh cucumbers.
- We take a deep salad bowl and lay out the prepared products in it.
- Season salad to taste with salt, add sour-mayonnaise sauce.
- Then we mix everything up and decorate with greens.
Game of taste: combine squid meat with mushrooms
The most popular among the favorite festive dishes was a salad with squids and mushrooms. The most delicious salad is obtained by adding fried mushrooms and hard cheese. This salad is best layed out in layers. Fresh tomatoes will add extra juiciness and original taste to the finished dish.
- 350 g boiled squid fillet;
- 3 pcs. fresh tomatoes;
- 0.3 kg of fresh mushrooms;
- 3 boiled eggs;
- 150-200 g of hard cheese;
- 0.2 l of table mayonnaise;
- salt and pepper mixture;
- vegetable refined oil - 3 tbsp. l
- To begin with, boil the squid meat, cool it and clean the film.
- Mushrooms thoroughly washed, separate the legs from the caps and cut into pieces of arbitrary size.
- On the refined vegetable oil until readiness fry the chopped mushrooms.
- Chop the tomatoes into cubes and place them on a flat plate of large diameter.
- Peeled boiled squid meat cut into half-rings or shavings.
- Sliced squid meat spread on top of tomatoes. Salt and add the pepper mixture. This layer is covered abundantly with mayonnaise sauce.
- Boiled eggs rubbed or skipped through the mesh. Crushed eggs sprinkle squid meat.
- Lubricate the egg layer with mayonnaise sauce, and then lay out the cooled fried mushrooms on top.
- We rub cheese and sprinkle with it the mushroom layer. Top the cheese covered with a layer of mayonnaise sauce.
- Before serving, decorate the salad with chopped greens.
Culinary chic: preparing a delicious seafood salad
Dishes prepared with the addition of various seafood occupy a separate niche in the culinary business. If you need to prepare the most delicious salad with squids and canned dessert corn, then this recipe will suit you without fail. Its ease and versatility lies in the fact that you do not need to spend time on heat treatment of squid carcasses, since we will use canned food. In this salad, you must add pickled cucumbers. It is also suitable for home canning.
- 1 can of canned squid meat;
- 4 boiled chicken eggs;
- 1 can of canned dessert corn;
- 5-6 pieces pickled cucumbers;
- onion feathers and parsley;
- mayonnaise sauce - to taste.
- Open a jar of canned squid meat, drain the liquid and cut it into thin strips or small cubes.
- Shredded squid fillet laid out in a salad bowl.
- Drain juice from canned sweetcorn and place grains in a deep salad bowl.
- Chopped green onions and parsley and add to the salad bowl.
- Peel pickled cucumbers and cut them into small cubes.
- Then add the chopped cucumbers in a salad bowl.
- Cooled boiled chicken eggs cut into small cubes or skip through the net and add to the salad.
- Season all the ingredients with mayonnaise sauce, salt to taste and add the pepper mixture.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients of the salad and send it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Before serving, we decorate the salad at our discretion with greens.
If you like unusual and original seafood dishes, you can add squid, shrimps, mussels to the salad and combine these components with fruit notes, for example, with pomegranate grains, orange slices, avocado, banana or mandarin.
The diet version of squid salad does not contain high-calorie sauces. In this case, the best dressing will be olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Some housewives use low-fat natural yogurt.
Squid meat is perfectly combined with potatoes, cheese, dried Provencal herbs, pickled mushrooms. You can experiment and cook a variety of seafood snacks and salads. Do not forget to follow the rules of cooking squid meat. Enjoy your meal!