Cheesecakes (or cottage cheese) remain popular in modern Russian cuisine due to the simplicity of the recipe and the speed of cooking. Everyone knows that there is no real cheese in this dish: it was used to call cottage cheese in South Russian families. Today, there are many ways to cook cheesecakes, sweet and salty. This dish has its own subtleties.
The advantages of the dish
Delicious curd cheesecakes are particularly suitable for breakfast or for dinner, but can be eaten as well for lunch or snack. Products for them will always be in the fridge: eggs, cottage cheese, flour. Even if the cottage cheese is not in the house, it can be made from sour milk. So get even more delicious.
Cheesecakes - a complete protein dish, because cottage cheese is very useful: it is well digested, rich in vitamins and minerals.
The speed of cooking, combined with the enormous benefits for the body in the Russian climate, made the curd pancakes an indispensable meal.
The classic recipe for cheesecakes from the curd can be implemented in the oven or fry the curd in a frying pan. Regardless of this, following a few simple rules will make your dish amazingly tasty.
- Choose the right cottage cheese. It should not be too wet or too dry, dense, but not very fat. If you cook the curd from the wet or crumbly curd, it is likely that you will have to add a lot of flour or cheesecakes will fall apart in the frying process. Pay attention to what color the cheese, how it smells. The curd mass should be white, with a pleasant sourish smell.
- Cottage cheese for these purposes should have a uniform texture. If it was purchased in a store, it is advisable to rub the product through a sieve. Then it is not necessary to add baking powder or soda to it: cheesecakes will still be tender.
- Flour must be sieved before use.
- Products for dishes better to take room temperature.
- Pick cottage cheese to form pancakes with a spoon dipped in water, so it will not stick.
- Follow the proven recipe. The most problematic moment in cheesecakes is the required volume of flour. If you take the classic recipe for cheesecakes from cottage cheese, do not change the proportions of the ingredients, otherwise the curd makers will turn out to be of a completely different quality.
- Make sure that the cheesecakes are well baked or fried. Even if a golden crust appeared on top, inside they can be raw.
- You can serve the dish with jam, condensed milk, yogurt, sour cream, fruit sauces, honey.
- You can cook salty cheese cakes. For this, almost all the sugar is removed from the recipe, and the curd chops are salted to taste. Serve this dish can be with potatoes, herbs, hot sauces.
Roasted or in the oven?
Recipes cheesecakes with cottage cheese in a pan suit not all. Opponents of fried food and supporters of healthy eating prefer to cook or bake. In this regard, a great advantage is acquired by cheesecakes, cooked in the oven.
- They lack carcinogens contained in crisp crust.
- For cooking does not require a lot of oil.
- Cheese cakes are baked evenly, while in the pan they can not fry and turn out to be "rubber" or burn.
- In the oven, you can immediately make much more cheesecakes than in the pan, without having to stand at the stove.
- Curd cookers in the oven are recommended for both children and people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The classic recipe for fried cheesecakes
- 1 egg;
- 250 g of cottage cheese;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- on a pinch of salt and soda.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Let the dough stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out the sausage and cut into pieces.
- From the pieces of dough sculpt small patties.
- Roll cheesecakes in flour.
- Fry in a pan over low heat.
It is best to fry cheese cakes in a frying pan, using melted butter, but you can just cream or vegetable. Pour it so that it reaches half the cheesecake. The color of well-roasted curds should be golden. So that the products do not burn and bake, cook them on low heat. You can fry them on each side, and then cover with a lid. So the curds and save the crust, and will not be raw inside.
Curds with semolina in the oven
For those who are not attracted by the golden crust, we offer cheesecakes in the oven. They can be prepared according to the classic recipe with flour, and you can with semolina. Practice shows that the latter option is tastier: semolina fastens cottage cheese, but does not make the dough as heavy as flour.
- 0.5 kg of cottage cheese;
- 2 tbsp. l semolina;
- 1 egg;
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara;
- a pinch of vanillin;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable or butter.
- Mix cottage cheese, semolina, egg, sugar, vanillin.
- Prepare the dough and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Form cheesecakes, roll them in flour.
- Grease the baking dish with butter or vegetable oil. For this purpose, you can use the pan.
- Put the form in the oven and bake for half an hour at 200 degrees.
If you want to add cheesecakes with sour cream sauce, 4 tbsp. l sour cream to beat with 2 tbsp. l flour and spread the cheesecakes with this mixture before sending it to the oven.
According to this recipe, cheesecakes with semolina can be sent to the griddle.
- Beat eggs with sugar.
- Add vanilla sugar and salt to the mixture.
- Add cottage cheese, flour and semolina.
- Pre-hold the raisins in water, then dry and add to the dough.
- Sculpt patties with a thickness of 1 cm.
- Pour oil into a preheated pan.
- Roll the pancakes in flour and fry for 5 minutes on each side over low heat.
Whatever recipe you choose - classical or not, if you bake them in the oven or fry in a pan, cheesecakes will surely get tasty. The main thing is to follow the recipes tested by many hostesses and not to ignore the tricks of cooking. And then this ancient dish will thank you with delicate delicious taste.