The tartar sauce quickly spread in the middle of the 19th century. It is appreciated and to this day. This sauce appeared by experiment. French cooks decided to add a variety of spices to regular mayonnaise tartar sauce.
There are many recipes for tartar sauce, and all because when cooking it can include various ingredients: dried or fresh herbs, vegetables.
The classic recipe for tartar sauce at home
- eggs - 2 pieces
- vegetable oil (olive) - 100-150 ml
- olives - 1 b.
- 1-2 pickles salted cucumber
- Spring onions - 100 g
- garlic - 1-2 cloves
- lemon - 1/2 for juice
- pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste.
- Cook eggs beforehand. Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Grind the yolks, salt and pepper, add the juice of half a lemon. Mix.
- Continuing to mix, pour the oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Add olives and small pieces of cucumber.
The tartar sauce should be made like mayonnaise.
The shelf life of tartar sauce prepared at home is 5-7 days. At the same time it must be stored in a jar with a tight lid.
Tartar sauce is served with fried, boiled or baked fish. In addition, it is well suited to vegetable, meat and seafood dishes.
Tartar sauce will give any dish a unique exquisite taste. It takes little time to prepare it. Therefore, this recipe will always come to your rescue.