Mexican food has a special charm and incredible taste. They are suitable for a full lunch or dinner, as well as snacks for parties. Mexican cuisine is famous for various flat cakes, in which they wrap meat, vegetables and beans. Their most popular type is taco. On the preparation of this dish takes very little time.
Taco embodied the national culinary traditions of Spain and Mexico. It is prepared simply. At the exit you get very tasty cakes, which can be filled with different products. Translated taco means "lump". The name is associated with the main component of the dish - corn tortillas. In Mexico, they are formed from lumps of dough, then to fry without oil in special ovens or in pans.
Taco is a popular recipe for Mexican cuisine.
In these tacos there are 3 components. This is a tortilla tortilla, the filling itself and the sauce for them. You can meet the variation when the 1st ingredient is replaced by pita. This is not exactly a traditional taco. Mexican mistresses bake cakes only on cornmeal. In our stores, it is also sold. Small packs of 500 gr. can be found in grocery departments.
The cost of flour is not great. Typically, bread is baked from a mixture of it and water. The dough is pretty bland. Tartaglia come in many varieties - soft and crunchy. It all depends on your preferences. To make the cakes more solid, they should be held longer in a pan without oil.
As for the filling, then any meat, beans, vegetables, seafood is suitable for tacos. The only condition - the products must be chopped. Sometimes they are passed through a meat grinder. Separately prepared sauces. It can be guacomole of isavocado and tomato, salsa or taco of the same name.
How to cook tacos?
Unlike many other varieties of Mexican baked bread, tacos are prepared a little differently. So, for example, quesadillas, roll up with the filling immediately in a hot pan. Taco looks like a round cake with stuffed on top. It collapses only during the meal. Due to this, this dish is very convenient - it is suitable for friendly gatherings and picnics. The important point: tacos are eaten immediately, hot. This is due to the fact that during the cooling of the cake becomes hard. So it is better not to cook this dish for future use.
On the other hand, you can experiment a bit. Bake cakes, some use immediately, and others. Set aside. Hide them in a plastic bag. When you decide to cook tacos again, pour some water into a deep dish. Put it in the microwave, and put it on top of the tartilla. Heat for 1-2 minutes. The cake will be soft again. If there is no microwave, you can sprinkle the foil with water, cover the cake with it and heat it in the oven for 5 minutes.
For those who decide to try cooking tacos, we recommend starting with a traditional recipe based on corn flour.
- Corn meal of any grinding - 250 gr.
- Wheat flour - 250 gr.
- Water - 250 ml.
- Salt - to taste
- Tomato with juicy pulp - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Pork - 250 gr.
- Cilantro, basil, olive oil, salt, pepper - to taste
- Any cheese except cheddar
- In a separate bowl, sift corn and wheat flour. Make a recess in the center. Pour water into it and add some salt. Start kneading dough with your hands. As a result, it should turn out to be of medium consistency - not too thick, but not liquid. Optimally - elastic dough, which is well torn by hand.
- Roll a small bun. Place it in a deep dish and cover with a plastic wrap on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook the filling while the dough cools. Cut out all the veins from the pork and pass it through the meat grinder. Peel the onions, chop them very finely. Put the pan on the fire. Heat and add a little olive oil. Put onion. Fry a little.
- Crush tomatoes and add to onions. When the vegetables begin to excrete the liquid, lay the minced pork over them. Simmer the stuffing for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper at the end.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide it into 8 equal parts. Roll each ball into a neat cake with a rolling pin. The thickness should be about 2 mm.
- Put a clean, oil-free frying pan on the fire. When it is very hot, put a cake on it. It is more convenient to carry it on a rolling pin. Simply place the taco blank on top. Fry the cake from 2 sides until cooked. In the process of preparing the dough can bubble a bubble - do not pierce it.
- Place the amount of filling on the not yet cooled cake so that it occupies half of it. Top you can grate the cheese, put the tomatoes and pour all the sauce. Serve tacos right away. When eating, roll the cakes in half.
Taco: recipe with photos
You can cook tacos with chicken pieces.
- Cornmeal - 1 tbsp.
- Wheat flour - 2 tbsp. l
- Water - 160 ml.
- Salt - 1/3 tsp.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Chicken breasts - 1.5 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Hot chili sauce, salt, seasonings, wine vinegar - to taste
- Mix cornmeal and wheat flour. Add water, olive oil, salt to them. Knead the elastic dough. Roll the bun and send it in a plastic bag. Hide the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In 20 minutes. proceed to the preparation of the filling. Shred the onion in fine straws. Pour it with a small amount of wine vinegar, salt and leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces without skin. No bones should be in it.
- In a preheated pan add a little oil. Put the pieces of chicken meat. Fry a little. Add a bow to it.
- Finely chop the tomato. Put it in the pan. Simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes. At the end of salt, add hot sauce, seasonings and garlic, passed through a press.
- Get the dough. Divide it into equal parts. Roll each into a cake 2-4 mm thick. Preheat a clean skillet without oil and put it into the tartilla. Fry on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the stuffing on a hot cake. Top with greens, narzanny tomato, any sauce. There are hot tacos, folding in half.
If you want to make quick tacos, then you can buy the cakes. Usually they are sold for 6-8 pieces. They can also be replaced with ordinary Armenian lavash, as It is as close to the traditional taco as possible.
Of course, the unique taste of the dish give a variety of sauces. For example, there is a taco sauce of the same name. It is quite unusual and suitable for a variety of dishes. With him eat meat, vegetables. Taco water tortilla tortillas.
- Canned beans - 300 gr.
- Green onions - 1 pc. (need feathers)
- Any cream cheese - 200 gr. (can be replaced with sour cream)
- Cheese - 100 gr.
- Pepper, salt - to taste
- Put the canned beans on the bottom of the saucepan or in the cauldron. Heat up a little. Cut onion feathers and lay on top. Then put the cream cheese or sour cream.
- Layers can be divided using pepper holofeni. Then rub the cheese and put the sauce in the fridge.
- They can lubricate the tarts before putting the stuffing on them. Also taco sauce is added on top of it.
Taco, the recipe is very simple, is one of the most famous Mexican dishes. To begin with, prepare the corn tortillas, fried in a hot frying pan without oil. Put the stuffing on top of them. Often it is made from any kind of minced meat and vegetables. Also used fish and seafood. At home, a large portion of tacos can be prepared for 50-60 minutes.