Sweet sausage is an incredibly delicious and most affordable dessert from the past, loved by most sweet teeth, especially if they are children. The dish seems to be difficult, since it is not easy to determine its components from the first time, but in fact there is nothing in the recipe or in the cooking technology that even a novice hostess could cope with.
Moreover, the sweet sausage does not require baking, and it is based on cookies and condensed milk, or cocoa cream or butter.
Classic sweet sausage according to GOST
For most people familiar with the old production technologies, which were established by a single quality standard, to this day exactly the recipe remains the only correct and correct. And the matter is not in principle, but in the changes in taste that are observed between the old versions and the new, significantly modified. Therefore, speaking of the recipes for sweet sausages made from cookies and cocoa, one cannot overlook the very first kind of sausage, especially as it is prepared in a matter of hours.
- The main ingredient is cookies. It should be biscuit, but not too fat (like Kurabe), and at the same time not dry, like fresh or salty biscuits. Experts call the best "Jubilee", "Minusinskoe" and similar options that break well, but do not crumble with the slightest pressure.
- The next moment is butter, instead of which margarine is in Soviet recipes. Today, it is not recommended to buy margarine, because it is very different from what was produced 20-30 years ago, both in composition, taste, and "behavior" in cooking. Buy good butter of 82% fat or higher: all that has lower fat content is a mixture of cream and “empty”, harmful ingredients that will not improve baking.
- Milk is a component that is almost always absent in modern sausage recipes, but was obligatory in the Soviet: of course, homemade milk from under the cow would be the best option, but in an urban setting, you can also use store milk, but make sure that it is not fat free. And also pay attention to its freshness, because it will be subjected to heat treatment and can ruin everything.
- Nuts were added to the dessert as desired, they were often absent among the ingredients due to the high cost, but still the traditional taste of sausages is difficult to imagine without them. You can choose absolutely any nut, but experts advise you to turn to walnut or cedar, or take hazelnuts.
As for other components - for example, condensed milk, it was absent in the old technology because fresh milk was used. Nevertheless, you can resort to it, but in this case it is necessary to abandon sugar, otherwise the dessert will be too sweet.
Soviet sweet sausage from biscuits: a recipe without condensed milk
So, the same version of a simple and tasty sweetness according to GOST, which did not assume the presence of condensed milk and a large number of ingredients. Connect to the process of the smallest sweet teeth - they will definitely like it. Remember that Soviet technology required strict compliance with the volumes of all components, and, of course, their quality.
- Biscuit biscuits - 450 g
- Fresh milk - 5 tbsp.
- Butter - 180 g
- Granulated sugar - 150 g
- Nuts - 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder - 5 tbsp.
- Butter should be kept at room temperature until softened, as it should not be completely melted even after mixing. Nuts need to be washed and cleaned, dry the kernels in a hot frying pan, constantly turning over: it is recommended to do it on a very small fire, otherwise the nuts will burn.
- Cool the nuts, pour them into the bag, wrap it in a thick towel, then knock the meat with a hammer on top or force the rolling pin over it. For pine nuts, this does not need to be done - they simply chop them in half with a knife.
- Divide the entire volume of cookies into 3 parts, then break 2 of them with your hands: the pieces should turn out to be small, but not turn into crumbs - this is the thickener of the future "dough", which does not completely absorb the liquid.
- Pour milk into a small bowl, add granulated sugar, heat, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar granules. Then add cocoa powder there and, while continuing to stir, wait until the mixture is homogeneous. Do not bring the liquid to a boil - keep at low power and immediately remove from heat as soon as you achieve the desired result.
- Add softened butter to the mixture, whisk with a whisk or using a mixer. Then add nuts and chopped cookies (the same 2/3 of its volume), knead well with a spatula: you should get a very thick mass. Lastly add the remnants of the biscuits, which need to be broken by hand.
- The correct "dough" will stick to your hands, but it is good to keep the shape. If something went wrong - too liquid, or too thick - mix in some milk (spoons) or cookies. Roll the dough into a thick sausage, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge.
The approximate cooling time of the dessert is 3-4 hours, but it can be shortened if you use the freezer. By the way, it is recommended to store the sausage in it, if too much was cooked: nothing will be made to the product, no matter how much it lies there.
Pastry with condensed milk
Unfortunately, today the quality of ordinary cow's milk in bags or bottles leaves much to be desired, therefore hostesses try to replace it in food with products that are close in composition, or refuse it completely. In the case of a sausage, experts recommend taking condensed milk, but at the same time it is necessary to approach its choice wisely: check for the presence of the letter “M” in the marking on the lid of the tin can, as well as the numbers 76 at the very end, which indicate the absence of “extra” additives in product. In addition, remember that natural condensed milk is not stored for more than a year, because it does not have such strong natural preservatives, and the fat content should be 19%, 8.5% or 1% depending on the type.
- Cookies - 400 g
- Condensed milk - 1 b.
- Cocoa - 3 tbsp.
- Raisin black - 2 tbsp.
- Vanillin - 1/2 tsp.
- Butter - 150 g
- Crumble the cookies with a knife or rolling pin so that it turns into a fine crumb. Rinse the raisins several times and steam with boiling water for 10-15 minutes: it should not become very soft.
- Put the condensed milk in a bowl, then send the same butter. Preheat these ingredients in a water bath until they become more fluid, and mix well, turning it into a homogeneous mass. Add cocoa and vanilla for 1-2 minutes. stir to allow the bulk ingredients to dissolve. Then remove the bowl from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add the raisins, pre-dried with a paper towel, and shredded cookies to the container. Knead plastic dough, form a sausage and roll in cling film. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, dessert should be cut into slices, while not allowing it to warm up much: the colder it is, the better it will be to keep the shape. If desired, you can break in the finished chilled sausage in powdered sugar, grated chocolate or even colored "confetti", creating a dusting.
Dessert with homemade cookies and amaretto
The highlight of this recipe is not only in almond liqueur, which can be excluded if you are preparing a dessert for children, but also in self-preparation of the base, as well as dried fruits, which give sourness. At the same time, there is no oil in the list of ingredients (with the exception of its presence in cookies), which makes a rather heavy and high-calorie meal much easier for the digestive system.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Butter - 120 g
- Sour cream - 100 g
- Sugar - 4 tbsp.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Flour - 320 g
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp.
- Prunes - 50 g
- Cherry - 50 g
- Amaretto - 1 tbsp.
- Milk - 110 ml
- Beat a chicken egg with a pinch of salt. In a small bowl, warm the butter with sugar, wait for the granules to dissolve, then pour this mixture into the bowl with the egg. Add sour cream and cinnamon, gradually add sifted flour. With the last portion of it you need to pour baking powder.
- Knead plastic dough, decorate it into a thick sausage, cut it into circles 1 cm wide, then send it to a preheated 200 degree oven. In 10 minutes. lower the temperature to 180 degrees, bake for another 15 minutes. The finished cookie should have a golden hue and remain soft inside.
- While the biscuit cools, soak prunes and cherries in boiling water for 10 minutes, warm the milk and mix with cocoa powder. Throw the dried fruits into a colander, remove excess moisture, then transfer them to a small bowl and pour amaretto. Leave another 5-7 minutes.
- Combine broken cookies, cocoa with milk, dried fruits in a large bowl. Knead in a tight lump, roll into a sausage and wrap in polyethylene. Cool for 2-3 hours.
If you wish, you can add bitter chocolate, chopped with a knife, or ready-made chocolate drops in this dessert.
In fact, homemade cookies for sweet sausages do not have to be sandy: this sweetness can be made even on the basis of Savoyardi biscuit sticks, which perfectly absorb liquid. But the usual soft biscuit is better not to use. But what is really important to observe is maintaining the minimum fat content of cookies, otherwise it will be very difficult to achieve a clear shape of the product.