Halva has long been our usual dessert, which can be found on the shelves of grocery stores. This treat arrived to us from the East, presumably from Ancient Iran. Scientists believe that the age of halvah is 2 600 years! What is remarkable about this product, from which sunflower halva is made, use, harm and home cooking - let's talk about this in our article.
Calorie halvah - the argument for or against?
Most women love sweets, but today it is customary to be slim and fit, and sweets and desserts can seriously harm the shape and health. However, modern ladies have to work a lot, experience stressful situations and lead an active lifestyle, therefore they absolutely need carbohydrates!
Is it possible to afford a sweet without fear for a figure? Halva is one of the products that can satisfy the body's need for sweets and become a source of nutrients.
Calculate calories: calorie halva sunflower (per 100 g of the product) reaches 500 kcal, which is half the daily norm for a person. So this is a high-calorie product.. It contains proteins (11.6 g), fats (29.7 g), carbohydrates - (54 g).
Due to the impressive fat content of vegetable origin, halva is nutritious, but not too heavy to digest the product. And the sugar contained in it will help to effectively cope with serious mental and physical stress.
The composition of sunflower halva includes such components:
- vitamins (including fat soluble);
- trace elements;
- food acids and fibers;
- iron, calcium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, potassium;
All of these substances have a positive effect on the body, slow down aging and help maintain youth.
About the benefits and healing properties of halva
To some, the question of the benefits of sunflower halva may seem strange, since most people are accustomed to consider it a tasty but too high-calorie product. In fact, this sweet product has not only excellent taste characteristics. Its use is also indicated for some diseases:
- disorders of the organs of the cardiovascular system. The main raw material for halva is sunflower seeds, so there is a lot of vitamin B1 and F in it. Thanks to this composition, it helps cleanse the blood of cholesterol plaques;
- violation of acidity. Halva effectively stabilizes the acidity of the stomach;
- if immunity is reduced, the use of halvah will help restore the body's defenses;
- insomnia, depression, stress - conditions in which you should also include halvah in your diet.
How much sunflower halva is useful and harmful for pregnant women? Since this product is rich in folic acid, then expectant mothers, too, does not hurt to include it in your menu. This will contribute to the favorable course of pregnancy. Halva is also necessary for lactating women. It is noted that its use improves the quality of milk and increases its volume.
When halva is contraindicated, and what harm can bring oriental sweetness?
Although halva is made from natural products, it still can not be called absolutely safe and extremely healthy food. The main disadvantage is high calorie content. Sunflower halva - real record holder in calories, as it contains a lot of butter and sugar. This feature makes halva is not the best product for those suffering from obesity or seeking to lose weight.
Doctors do not recommend to get involved in halvah and those who have problems with the work of the stomach or intestines, suffer from liver diseases. Contraindications include cholecystitis and diabetes.
Before you try a dessert made from sunflower seeds, it is advisable to check whether there are allergies to the components of this product.
The use of halvah is fraught with another danger. With long storage in the seeds of sunflower accumulated cadmium. This substance can seriously harm health if its amount in the body is exceeded.
Especially for those who do not want to be content with the usual tastes, cooks have diversified the classic recipe for making halvah. It includes vanilla, candied fruit, chocolate icing. Such additives allow us to give Halva original flavors, but in addition to this they further increase the energy value of the product. This should be taken into account by those who are already overweight.
How many tastes does halva have?
Experts say that a lot of them. The taste of halvah depends on which product is the main one in its preparation. Gourmets advise: if you want to know what real halva is, try a product made by hand by Iranian culinary masters.
The range of halvah, except for sunflower, includes such appetizing varieties of it:
- peanut. It has a cream color and instead of sugar contains honey, which gives the product a pleasant soft taste. The technology of preparation of such halva has some differences: the unit for foam is not connected. Unfortunately, eating peanut halva is not useful for everyone. Since peanuts contain purines, it is not suitable for people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system and kidney stones;
- tahini (sesame). Protein mass for such halva is prepared from sesame seeds (they are pre-crushed). She has a lighter color than her sunflower "girlfriend." Sesame contains vitamins, useful nutrients. Tahini halva is useful for those who have a visual impairment. This product also has pronounced antitumor properties. Sesame halva has a beneficial effect on the respiratory system;
- pistachio. This product is not available in every grocery store. It has a refined taste and rare ability to heal the body. Pistachio halva normalizes intestinal function, removes toxins and slags, improves eyesight and prevents the development of anemia. This product is a natural aphrodisiac! It increases the potency and helps cure infertility. Pistachio halva is shown to those who are engaged in heavy mental work.
Today, sweet tooth offer and combined halvah. For example, nuts or almond crumb are added to the sunflower seed. Halvah sesame may contain peanuts or walnut kernels. Sometimes such halvah is packed in the form of candy.
All varieties of halvah can be coated with icing. It is made from molasses, cocoa, sugar, chocolate. This is a super-calorie meal!
How to make halvah at home?
Why go to the store and buy a product that can be successfully cooked in your kitchen? Very tasty and aromatic halvah with honey. How to make such a delicacy?
Halva recipe with honey
- 2 tbsp. peeled sunflower seeds;
- 2 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
- ¼ Art. water;
- 100-150 g of sunflower oil.
- Rinse well with sunflower seeds.
- Put the seeds into a heated dry frying pan and heat them well.
- Chop the seeds several times in a meat grinder (a food processor can be used for this purpose).
- Pour the flour into the pan, heat it on the fire, stirring all the time.
- Add the seeds to the flour, continue to fry this mixture until a homogeneous mass of golden color and a crumbly consistency is formed.
- Add honey to the seeds and flour and hold for 5 minutes (stirring).
- Put the halva in the form, put the foil on top.
- Put the cooked halva in the refrigerator for 12 hours, pressing it down on top.
Halva made from walnuts
- 1 tbsp. walnut hearts;
- butter - 130 g;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. milk or cream;
- 20 grams of corn starch;
- Take a small portion of cold milk, dissolve starch in it.
- From milk (or cream) and sugar cook syrup.
- Pour the starch dissolved in the milk into the syrup.
- Bring this composition to a boil (over low heat).
- Chop the kernels of nuts, fry in a pan with the addition of oil until they become dark golden color.
- Transfer the nut mixture to the pan, pour the syrup into it, mix. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Hold this mixture on low heat for about 30 minutes (do not forget to stir).
- Transfer to a greased form.
- Let the halva cool.
What halva will benefit the body, and what - harm: the rules of choice
The benefits, harm and pleasure of halvah depend on how high-quality product you put on your table. How can you determine the quality of this delicacy? Here are 3 signs of good halva:
- Dry surface (there should not be drops of moisture or oil on it).
- It has a layered fiber structure.
- May crumble a little.
A signal to the fact that they want to sell you a poor-quality product is the presence of a dark bloom. Most likely, its expiration date has already expired. In the low-quality halva comes across husks of seeds or nuts.
Useful halvah contains only natural ingredients! No dyes, flavors, antioxidants are added to this product. To find out what is hidden in it, it is enough to carefully examine the label.
Halva is a great dessert for children and adults. But, of course, it cannot and should not become the staple food. However, from time to time you can indulge yourself and your family with this delicacy. A portion of halva in 20-30 grams per day will help to maintain a slim figure and excellent health, as well as to feel the refined taste and aroma of exotic foods.