Remember the fairy tale "According to the pike order"? Unfortunately, in the real world, this fish of the family of predators cannot fulfill wishes, but it will be an excellent decoration of the festive table. Today we will tell how pike stuffed and baked in the oven is cooked. Recipes with photos will help you effortlessly prepare a royal masterpiece of cooking.
Let's talk about culinary secrets
Pike is found in many fresh waters of our vast country, so the carcasses of this fish can be easily found in specialized stores. In addition, the fish has a relatively low price category. Few housewives love to cook pike, because it has a specific smell of mud. Today you will learn how to eliminate the smell of silt and cook a delicious, savory and fragrant pike stuffed, baked in the oven in foil.
For the preparation of this royal masterpiece of cooking, we need not only food, but also knowledge. Before baking fish, we carefully study some culinary aspects:
- To eliminate the unpleasant silt odor, the pike carcass must be thoroughly washed, gutted and sprinkled with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Also pike carcass can be soaked in milk, a mixture of filtered water with vinegar.
- Be sure to remove the scales and insides.
- If you plan to cook stuffed fish, then you need to separate the pike fillet from the bone and grind it to the consistency of minced meat.
- As a marinade, you can use table mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Pike fillets taste great in harmony with carrots, garlic, basil, dried herbs, onions or shallots, sweet and ground Bulgarian pepper.
- When you bake a carcass with pike in foil, you will keep the juiciness and healthy properties of this fish.
- To baked pike acquired a characteristic golden hue, 5-10 minutes before the end of its preparation, gently unfold the foil.
- As a filling, you can use fried or pickled mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, olives, potatoes, buckwheat, etc.
Pike royally for a dinner party
Today, in the home menu, pike is completely stuffed in the oven. Recipes with photos of this dish can be found easily and choose the appropriate option for yourself. We offer you a step-by-step recipe for preparing this predatory fish with the addition of milk, white bread and fresh greens. Decorate the royal dish will be slices of lemon, green olives and skewers.
- 1 pike carcass;
- 100 grams of bread;
- 1 PC. chicken eggs;
- 0.1 liters of milk;
- 50 g sour cream;
- 1 PC. onions or shallots;
- to taste fresh greens;
- salt and pepper mixture.
- Remove the scales from the surface of the fish, cut off the tail and fins.
- We wash the carcass pike with water.
- Make a longitudinal incision along the belly and clean the inside. Next, gently remove the skin, trying not to tear it, and remove the fillet.
- Separate the pike fillet from the bone and grind to the consistency of minced meat. To do this, you can use a blender or meat grinder.
- Put crushed bread into a separate bowl and soak it in milk.
- Greens washed and chopped.
- Peel the onion and cut it into small cubes. Also onions can be chopped in a blender or meat grinder.
- In the minced fish, add soaked bread, chopped herbs and onions, drive in a chicken egg.
- Season with minced salt, a mixture of peppers and mix thoroughly until a mass of uniform consistency is formed.
- Pike skin stuffed with cooked mixture.
- Stuffing stuffing should not be too tight, because in the process of heat treatment the skin may break.
- Rub the pike carcass with sour cream and spread on a baking sheet, the bottom of which is covered with baking paper.
- Heat the oven to a temperature threshold of 220 ° and send a pike into it for 60 minutes.
- We decorate baked pike with skewers, on which we string lemon slices and olives.
- Serve the stuffed pike to the table with a vegetable garnish.
Pike baked with vegetables: a versatile dish for every day
Quite simply and quickly cooked pike, baked in the oven entirely in foil. To diversify this dish and cook immediately fragrant and delicious side dish, try to make pike, baked in the oven with potatoes in sour cream. You can also add fresh tomatoes and carrots. Please note that to give the dish a golden crust 10-15 minutes before the end of the cooking process, the foil must be opened.
- 1 PC. pike carcass;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- salt and pepper mix - to taste;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- fresh herbs;
- 1 PC. onions;
- garlic cloves - to taste;
- 100 grams of green olives;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 lemon;
- roll of food foil.
- Pike carcass thoroughly clean the scales, washed and gutted.
- To get rid of the unpleasant silt odor, sprinkle the fish carcass with plenty of freshly squeezed lemon juice and leave in this form for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peeled potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Rub carrots, onion cut into cubes or in the form of half rings.
- Grilled vegetables in a frying pan in sunflower oil.
- Potatoes are crushed in the form of rings.
- Pike carcass rub with salt, a mixture of peppers and other seasoning to taste.
- Then richly seasoned with sour cream.
- Put a foil on a baking sheet or another heat-resistant form, then a potato pillow.
- We lay out the pike carcass on top, and then add the browned vegetables.
- Wrap the pike in foil so that there are no gaps.
- We send pike with potatoes under cream sauce in the oven, preheated to a temperature threshold of 220 °.
- After 45 minutes, open the foil and add tomatoes and lemon slices to the pike.
- In this form, bake the fish for 10-15 minutes, and then sprinkle with chopped greens.
Pike baked in foil whole: feel the exquisite taste of a festive dish
If you want to bake the fish separately from the garnish, you can cook the pike entirely in foil. You will need a minimum of products and about 1 hour of time. To make the pike fillet juicy and soft, do not forget to pour the fish carcass with melted butter during the baking process.
- 1.2 kg pike;
- 4 tbsp. l melted butter;
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt.
- Prepare the pike carcass as described in previous recipes.
- Do not forget to sprinkle fish with freshly squeezed lemon juice to get rid of the smell of silt.
- We rub the carcass with coarse-grained salt from all sides.
- Leave the fish in this form for 3-5 minutes.
- We melt butter in a microwave or in a water bath.
- Put the pike carcass on food foil and pour with melted creamy butter.
- Tightly wrap the fish in foil and send it to the oven.
- Bake fish for 60 minutes at a temperature threshold of 160 °.
- Every 15 minutes, carefully open the foil and pour the pike carcass with melted creamy butter.
- Decorate baked pike with greens or lemon wedges.
Pike baked in the oven is considered a royal and truly festive dish. Arrange your family holiday today. Now you know all the tricks and secrets of cooking delicious pike. Enjoy your meal!