One of the culinary signs of summer and early autumn are stuffed peppers. In the oven, this fragrant dish can be cooked with a variety of fillings, and any housewife will cope with such a task without time and effort. However, each recipe has its own nuances that are worth paying attention to.
It is believed that the birthplace of sweet pepper is America. But the Slavs started stuffing this vegetable. And, since this tradition has been around for many decades, a bright vegetable is filled with nothing:
No less diverse are the ways of cooking stuffed peppers. Dish can be:
The latter option is particularly suitable for those who appreciate pepper juiciness, softness and slightly pungent taste. These qualities are fully preserved with this method of heat treatment. The finished dish is best served with tomato sauce or sour cream. And if you don’t apply bread to the peppers, but croutons, then you are guaranteed an amazing aftertaste.
Delicate stuffed peppers in the oven: recipe with photos
In order for the pepper dish to be tasty and cute, it is very important to choose the right vegetable. To do this, consider:
- pepper form (it is better to take fleshy and large vegetables for cooking in the oven; long or pointed varieties will not work: they have less juice);
- freshness (if the vegetable has dents or damaged parts, such instances are not suitable for the dish);
- color (it is best to bake red peppers: they do not lose their brightness even after heat treatment, so they will perfectly decorate even the festive table);
- size (identical peppers are a guarantee that they will simultaneously reach the desired condition).
Classic pepper stuffing is meat, and you can take any kind of it. Especially delicate dish is obtained with chicken.
- 7 peppers;
- 250 chicken fillets;
- 3 carrots;
- 2-3 celery roots;
- 2 leek stalks;
- 7 cherry tomatoes;
- 40 ml of olive oil;
- salt, black pepper (to your taste);
- Peppers thoroughly washed and cut out the middle. Chicken cut into thin small slices.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes.
- Carrots, celery cut into squares and fry in butter in a pan.
- Add onions and cherry.
- Put the meat in the mixture, fry until half cooked.
- We start the peppers and lay them on a baking sheet covered with oiled baking paper (then the vegetables will not burn).
- We bake at 180 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Stuffed bell pepper in the oven: treat for vegetarians
Fans of light vegetable dishes will enjoy the recipe for stuffed peppers from the arsenal of those who do not eat meat.
- 10 peppers;
- 2 small eggplants;
- 2 onions;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 large tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. rice;
- 1 tbsp. liquid tomato paste;
- 1 tbsp. light sour cream;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- 1-2 sheets of laurel;
- salt, spices (to your taste).
- Wash rice, pour 3 tbsp. water and boil until half ready.
- Pepper is well washed and cut out the middle.
- Rub the carrot, chop the onion.
- Pour the oil on the preheated pan and pass the vegetables.
- Eggplant peeled, cut into squares.
- Blanch tomatoes, cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan with thick walls stew tomatoes with eggplant.
- To the onions with carrots add eggplant-tomato mixture and rice, salt, add spices.
- Stuff the peppers, put them in the baking dish.
- Mix tomato paste with sour cream and pour the peppers.
- We bake 45 minutes at 200 degrees.
Stuffed Peppers with Cheese in the Oven
Exquisite taste of pepper gives cheese. And if you add almond nut and olives to the filling, then the flavor of the dish will conquer even the experienced gourmets.
- 3 sweet peppers;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 50 g of mozzarella;
- 10 pcs green olives;
- 1 tbsp. l crushed almond nuts;
- 1 large tomato;
- Wash pepper, cut lengthwise and remove seeds.
- We rub cheese.
- Finely chop the parsley and olives, cut tomatoes into small squares.
- In a bowl, mix greens, nuts, tomatoes and olives with mozzarella.
- Put the peppers in the baking dish, put on each "boat" stuffing and sprinkle with cheese.
- We put in the oven for 25 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
No less tasty it turns out, if you add not mozzarella to the peppers, but the usual processed cheese (for example, "Amber"). If you take a more dense dairy product, then it will have to be grated. You can also add to the cheese garlic (1 clove), chopped with garlic strips.
Stuffed Peppers with Mince and Rice: A Recipe for Winter
How you want to breathe summer smells on a gloomy winter day! And this will help ... stuffed sweet peppers from blanks. Prepare a vegetable for the winter can be very simple. For this season you need:
- Rinse the peppers.
- Cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Let dry and, wrapped in a plastic bag, send in the freezer.
Just keep in mind that such a billet is used without defrosting and is prepared in just 30 minutes. Therefore, the stuffing (from minced meat and rice, for example) needs to be brought almost to readiness.
- 6 peppers "boats";
- 300 grams of minced meat;
- 1 tbsp. rice;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 100 g homemade sour cream;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- salt (to your taste).
- But we fry minced meat in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Wash rice and cook until half cooked in 3 tbsp. water.
- Mix rice with minced meat, salt.
- We rub carrots, chop onions and pass in a frying pan.
- On the halves of the peppers lay out the rice and meat mince and onion-carrot mixture.
- Smear for baking or baking oil, spread the pepper.
- We put on each half of ½ tbsp. l sour cream.
- Bake in the oven, heated to 180 degrees, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped greens before serving.
Stuffed peppers can be cooked in the oven at any time of the year, if in season to stock up on this juicy vegetable. A filling will suit any - from meat to vegetables and cereals, although they are especially tasty with a combination of these products. Having tried to make at least once a baked Bulgarian pepper with a filling, you definitely cannot deny yourself the pleasure of cooking this dish regularly.