Strawberry jam is a delicious treat. It is quite simple to prepare it, but in order for the dessert to work it is necessary to adhere to certain recommendations. In the jam, you can add thickeners in the form of regular gelatin or pectin. Some variants of the preparation are boiled on the basis of freshly squeezed juice from apples, which significantly adds to their benefits.
The benefits of strawberry jam and cooking tips
Strawberries have a high content of antioxidants, which slow down the aging process, various minerals and vitamins. They are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids, organic acids and potassium. If you use fresh strawberries daily or canned berries, you can avoid the appearance of tumors and many other dangerous diseases, to delay the aging of the nervous system and brain.
Important recommendations for the preparation of jams and strawberry jam.
It is necessary to choose the right dishes for cooking delicacies. If you use containers of copper and aluminum in the finished product can get harmful substances. It is better to refuse such ware immediately. The best option for making jam and jam would be a saucepan or basin made of stainless alloy.
Enamelled containers will also work, the main thing is to carefully check whether there are any large cracks and broken off areas on the enamel. The alloy, which is under the enamel, may contain compounds harmful to humans, which through these cracks during the cooking process can get into the jam. Stir the jam or jam preferably with a wooden spatula or spoon.
In order for the finished product to remain for a long time, it is necessary to properly prepare the baths. First of all, they need to be very well washed with hot water using ordinary soap. Then the containers must be sterilized. There are several ways to sterilize.
It is important to wash the berries well under running water. Strawberries should be as clean as possible from sand, earth, and other debris. Bad and rotten berries must be sorted and discarded.
Sterilization will help preserve the jam for a long time. The finished product is poured into sterilized jars and covered with lids. Then put in a saucepan filled with water pre-heated to 70 degrees. Wait until the temperature rises to 95 degrees, it should not boil. Pasteurize 0.5 liter containers for 15 minutes and 1 liter for 25 minutes. At the same time, the saucepan should be covered with a lid, and the water should not cover the cans, but be 3 cm below the neck.
To get jam in its classic version, it is necessary to add pectin and citric acid, which will retain the beautiful color of the product and reduce its taste.
Strawberry jam: recipe with photos
- Strawberries without fruit stems - 2 kg
- Freshly squeezed juice from sour-sweet apple varieties -1.5- 2 tbsp.
- Sugar sand - 1 kg
- Pectin, yellowfish or confiture - 2 sachets
- Peeled strawberries with removed stalks pour boiling water and leave for 20-30 minutes. After that, chop the strawberries, you can do this with a fork, blender or meat grinder.
- Puree from the berries put in a bowl that you chose for cooking jam. Put pectin or jam, mix thoroughly and put on moderate heat. It is necessary to stir the mashed potatoes frequently, so that it does not stick during cooking.
- When everything boils, pour the juice from the apples and pour in the sugar. Mix everything thoroughly again. From the moment of boiling, this jam will need to be cooked for about 7-10 minutes.
- Banks prepare: rinse and sterilize. Ready hot jam poured into jars and cover with metal lids.
- If you want to sterilize the jars, but this is not an obligatory step in preparing the jam.
How to cook strawberry jam with gelatin?
- Strawberry berries - 2 kg
- Granulated sugar - 2 kg
- Gelatin (agar-agar) - 2 tsp.
- 1 lemon juice
- First of all, you should carefully sort out the berries. For jam, choose very ripe and sweet, suitable even overripe and damaged. Then you need to wash the strawberries well. This is best done under cool running water. After washing, remove stalks and stalks.
- It is necessary to weigh the berries, it is very important to determine the exact amount of sugar for the jam. The recommended ratio for this recipe is 1: 1. To prepare for cooking, you can cut large berries and pour all the sugar, in this form, the products should stand for about a day.
- The cooking process is divided into 3 stages. Place the container with the fruits and sugar on medium heat and wait until everything boils, stir and boil for no more than 10 minutes. Remove the foam and set aside the mixture for 5 hours, it should cool off during this time.
- After that, the berries must be whipped with a blender and again placed on the stove for cooking. When boils, boil also about 10-15 minutes. Remove and again leave the clock at 5.
- Agar or gelatin is added only at the 3rd stage of preparation. Gelatin is prepared in a standard way. And the agar must be diluted in 1 tbsp. clean water.
- Pour prepared agar or gelatin into the almost ready jam and immediately remove it from the stove. Stir all very well and chill for 1 hour.
- Rinse and sterilize jars, lids too. Jam should be poured into containers and covered with lids, if desired, can be pasteurized.
- The product will completely harden only when its temperature drops to room temperature.
Strawberry jam in a slow cooker: simple recipe
- Strawberry berries - 1 kg
- Pectin - 1 bag
- Sugar - sand - 200 g
- Go through the berries, leave only the best ones without rot and mildew. Remove the stalks with stalks and rinse thoroughly in several waters or in running water until maximum purity.
- Medium and very small strawberries can be left whole, but large ones should be cut into several pieces.
- Put the prepared berries in a separate metal or plastic container, and sprinkle the pectin evenly on top. Stir gently, it is advisable not to knead the berries.
- Now put the prepared mass in the multicooker bowl. Set the cooking mode to "soup" and stir until everything boils. Keep the lid open.
- Boil after boiling the jam no more than 5 minutes, and then pour the sugar. Stir again until boiling.
- Foam should be removed periodically and not close the multicooker lid. After boiling, the duration of boiling should be about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the slow cooker and leave the finished product for 10-20 minutes to cool slightly, then put the jam in the jar and cover it tightly with a lid, roll it up. Put the jar on the lid and do not turn it over until it is completely cooled.
It is very simple and quick to prepare such a tasty and healthy delicacy as strawberry jam. To save time, do it in stage 1, the jam is no worse than that made in 3 or more stages. Pectin and gelatin makes the product tender and allows you to cook it less in time, thereby retaining all the beneficial properties of the berries.