Many modern housewives who are trying to harvest meat for the future, are wondering: how to cook the stew in a slow cooker? In fact, it is very simple. You do not have to put a lot of effort. However, a stew cooked in a slow cooker doesn’t yield to its homemade stew cooked in the usual way.
How to cook a stew in a Multicooker Redmond?
Among the ingredients for making this stew is the onions and carrots. This is explained by the wateriness of vegetables, which can spoil the taste of canned food.
- Meat (chicken, pork, lamb)
- Salt, spices, bay leaf - to taste
- Take the meat, wash it and cut it into pieces. If necessary, free from bones.
- Put the prepared meat into the bowl of the multicooker, turn on the mode of “Quenching” and cook the stew for 6 hours.
- When cooking a stew in a multivarcedredmond, it is not necessary to add water, since it is not evaporated in this multicooker. Ingredients do not burn, because a sufficient amount of fat and liquid is released from the meat during stewing.
- An hour before the end of cooking for meat you need to add bay leaf and spices.
- Banks for rolling stew should be sterilized in the oven, after washing them. Covers for cans boil a couple of minutes in boiling water.
- Put the prepared stew in cans, cover with liquid that remained in the multicooker bowl.
- Banks with a stew should be rolled up and stored in a refrigerator or other cool place.
- However, the stew can be stored in a container. To do this, the container must be well washed and dried. Then spread the cooked meat and wait until it cools. Now close the container with a lid and place in the freezer.
Cooking beef in a multi-cooker-pressure cooker
- Beef - 1 kg
- Red onion - 1 head
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Black pepper peas, salt - to taste
- Cut beef into medium-sized pieces, cut onions and garlic as well. Put it all in the crock-pot, add bay leaves, pepper and salt to taste.
- Put the slow cooker on the "Chef" mode, set the timer to 90 minutes. It is not necessary to add water to the stew.
- When 90 minutes expire, do not open the multicooker lid, but leave the stew inside. The slow cooker should be in heating mode for a few more hours. For convenience of preparation, it is better to do it at night.
- Transfer the prepared stew into prepared sterilized jars and put in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the stew in a plastic container.
Chicken Stew Recipe
- Fresh chicken - 4.5 kg
- Salt, black peppercorns, bay leaf - to taste
- Water - 100-125 ml.
- Before you start cooking the stew, prepare the chicken, slicing it. With small pieces of chicken it will be easier to cut off the meat needed to cook the product.
- To cut the bird, lay it on the board and cut it in half with a knife. Now cut the ham from each part and divide it into a drumstick and thigh. Cut each of the chicken halves across in portions.
- If you have a whole chicken, then cut the neck and set it aside. This part of the bird for the preparation of the stew will not work.
- Rinse each portion of chicken thoroughly under running water. Remove skin and remove excess liquid from meat using paper towels. Now that the portions are completely ready, take them one at a time and cut the meat so that there are no bones left.
- Do not throw away the deferred bones and neck, they will be useful for making broth.
- Place the finished chicken pieces in a deep bowl.
- Now go to the sterilization of cans. To do this, pour water into a deep pan. Put a pot of water over medium heat. While the water is warming, thoroughly clean the inner walls and bottom of the cans with baking soda. Put the prepared jars on the kitchen table with the neck up and cover them with lids (which must also be cleaned beforehand).
- When the water boils, place a metal sieve or grate on the pot. Place the jars on the resulting design, with the neck down. They need to be sterilized for 15 minutes, until drops begin to form on the inner walls of the jar.
- After that, with the help of kitchen tacks, move the jars to clean towels with the neck down. To sterilize the caps, simply dip them for 15 minutes in boiling water, and then also put them on a clean towel.
- We proceed directly to cooking the stew in a slow cooker. Place the prepared chicken pieces in the multicooker bowl and add some clean water.
- In the device set the mode "Quenching". Cook the stew for about 4 hours.
- An hour before the end of cooking, add bay leaves, black peppercorns and salt. Mix all ingredients well with a spoon and continue cooking in the set mode.
- When the stew is ready, lay it on the banks, tightly close the jars with lids. Put the stew in jars and cover with a blanket. When the stew has cooled, place it in the refrigerator for storage.
Despite the simplicity of preparation, the stew in a slow cooker turns out very tasty. Most likely, you do not even have to keep it for a long time, because this delicious dish is quickly eaten. This stew can be eaten independently, with a side dish, used for recipes as a substitute for fresh meat.