Fish dishes are very healthy and tasty. Moreover, it is not necessary to take its expensive species in order to get useful and satisfying foods. So, sprat in a tomato at home is prepared for a short time, it turns out delicious, despite the fact that the ingredients for this dish do not have much to spend.
In recent years, store fish products leaves much to be desired. Especially it concerns sprat in tomato: it is very difficult to find a really high-quality product. Therefore, it is safer to cook this snack yourself. In this case, the product will be made from fresh fish, vegetables and properly processed for further storage. The fish turns out juicy, fragrant and tasty - shop up to it oh how far!
Sprat Recipes in Tomato at Home
The classic fish recipe in tomato sauce is available to cooks with any experience. The main thing is to follow the process and mix it in time.
- 500-600 g sprats (frozen or fresh);
- 1 tbsp. homemade tomato juice;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 medium carrot;
- olive oil (or sunflower);
- 2.5 Art. l wheat flour;
- black pepper (allspice);
- ½ tbsp. l Sahara.
- Thawed fish well washed with water.
- Remove the heads and abdomens of the fish, once again wash the carcass.
- Finely chop the onion, grate the carrot.
- Pour oil into the pan, lay out the onion and fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Add carrots, sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Spread sprat in the pan.
- Add salt, sugar and spices.
- Pour in tomato juice.
- After 5 minutes, pour in the flour (then the sauce will acquire the desired thick consistency).
- Cover with a lid and stew for half an hour, stirring occasionally gently.
- Serve cold with mashed potatoes or rice.
To make this recipe canned, you need 5 minutes before the readiness to add 1 tbsp. l vinegar. The dish is plugged in hot cans.
You can make sprat with pepper and spices - the taste of the fish is very unusual.
- 450 g sprats;
- 2 large carrots;
- 2 medium bulbs;
- 1 large sweet pepper;
- ¼ tsp dry chili peppers;
- 1.5 tsp. sweet paprika;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 800 ml of tomato juice;
- 2-3 pcs of lavrushka;
- 3 tsp. sugar sand;
- 2.5 Art. l wheat flour;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- salt (to taste).
- Chop onions, chop carrots with a grater, and cut the pepper into half rings.
- Pour oil on a hot frying pan, lay out onions with carrots, passeiru 10 minutes.
- Add Bulgarian pepper.
- Rinse the fish, wash it with water.
- Sprat put into vegetables and simmer on low heat, adding salt and spices.
- In the second pan, fry the garlic, add tomato juice, sugar and slowly pour in the flour, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic sauce to fish with vegetables, put bay leaf, simmer for 40 minutes.
- 2-3 minutes before the readiness bay leaves clean. The dish can be eaten hot or cold.
"Tasty alternatives" to the classic way of cooking
A peculiar taste is obtained in sprat stewed with onions and carrots in the oven.
- 500 g unsalted fresh sprat (can be frozen);
- 2 tbsp. tomato juice;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 tbsp. l fine sugar;
- 1 tsp. dry coriander;
- ½ tsp salt;
- pepper (black ground);
- 3 pcs Lavrushka;
- 1.5 Art. l wheat flour;
- oil (olive or sunflower).
- We cut the carcasses of fish.
- Well wash sprat with cold water.
- Onions and carrots cut in any familiar way.
- Pour the oil into a well warmed pan, pour the prepared vegetables and pass them for about 7-8 minutes.
- In the second pan lightly fry the flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomato juice, salt, spices with flour, pour in sugar.
- In the heat-resistant dishes, we fold the fish, cover it with sautéing, and add the sauce.
- We preheat the oven to 200 degrees, put the dishes with sprats stew for 50-60 minutes.
Serve this dish can be warm or cold. Especially tasty is the sauce in which the sprat was prepared.
If you prefer to cook in a slow cooker, then you can cook the fish in a tomato and so.
- 0.5 kg of frozen sprats;
- 250 g carrots;
- 200 g purple onions;
- 5 tbsp. l pasta from tomato;
- 2 pcs Lavrushka;
- black pepper;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- salt (to taste);
- 1 bunch parsley.
- Gut thawed sprat, wash it with water.
- Cut the onions and carrots into strips.
- In a multi-cooker capacity lay out the fish, salt it.
- Sprinkle vegetables on sprat, add spices.
- In a glass with water add tomato paste, stir the mixture.
- Pour the sauce into the fish with onions and carrots.
- We set the mode "Quenching" for 1.5-2 hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens before serving.
Cooking canned food for the winter
Sprat in tomato sauce can be preserved for the winter. And if you add fresh vegetables to the dish, then on a frosty day it will be especially pleasant to open a jar of fragrant canned food.
- 2 kg of fine sprat;
- 1 kg of fresh carrots;
- 0.5 kg of beets;
- 3-4 onions;
- 2.5 kg of fresh large tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. oils (sunflower);
- salt, sugar (to taste);
- 2 tbsp. l table vinegar.
- We wash the sprat, removing the insides from it and tearing off the heads.
- Grind tomatoes with meat grinder.
- Shred the onions, the rest of the vegetables three grated.
- Pour tomato puree into a saucepan, add vegetables, simmer for about 50 minutes.
- Then add the fish to the vegetables and torment them on low heat for 1 hour.
- 7 minutes before readiness we pour in vinegar.
- Cork in hot cans.
Sprat in a tomato at home is a great dish that cannot be compared with shop counterparts. This fish can be eaten immediately after preparation, and can be preserved. Then you will always have on hand a tasty and fragrant dish, which is equally good to eat separately or serve with a side dish.