Italian cuisine is famous primarily for pasta - pasta, which can be served with both sauce and more satisfying additions: meat, fish, seafood. Of course, there are recipes for pasta with vegetables, and some recipes even allow you to use a number of fruits and berries.
But the simplest and most refined option is called pasta - or spaghetti - with shrimps in a creamy sauce. How to turn this dish into a restaurant masterpiece?
Quick spaghetti with prawns in a creamy sauce: a recipe with photos
The peculiarity of this recipe is that all its ingredients are available to any consumer (perhaps with the exception of shrimps), and therefore, if you suddenly want to enjoy Italian cuisine, you will not have to urgently figure out where to buy Parmesan and whether to choose white wine for 5-10 ml in sauce. Pasta, which form the basis of the dish, can be absolutely anything: if there is no spaghetti, replace them with any pasta of your choice. The main thing is that the dough is kneaded on durum wheat. From the volume of components below, 2 servings are obtained.
- Pasta - 150 g
- Frozen shrimp - 100 g
- Processed cheese - 1 pc.
- Parsley - 1 bunch
- Salt - Pinch
- Cream 15% fat - 200 ml
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Condiments to taste
- Thaw shrimps by washing them several times under cold water. Drain on paper towels, clean, depriving the skins, head and tail. If you have taken royal (large) shrimps, do not forget to pull a thin hollow thread from the dorsal into which their food waste and sand are collected. Rinse and dry again.
- In a deep teflon pan, heat the olive oil, throw the shrimp in there and for 5 minutes. fry over medium heat, turning occasionally. There is no need to achieve brown crust - as soon as seafood gets golden hue, you can proceed to the next stage.
- On a nearby hob, bring the water to a boil in a deep pan, add salt and pour the pasta there. Cook on high heat strictly at the time indicated on the package, taking 1 min from it. If the manufacturer did not make any recommendations, stick to the standard framework: for spaghetti 5 minutes, for thick spirals - 11 minutes, for small figured items - 7 minutes. Thin noodles are cooked in just 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the pan, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid. Then sweat for 10 minutes, then add there the same crushed with a knife or melted cheese passed through a grater. Continue to heat the sauce under the lid.
- Boiled pasta dump on a colander, wait until the water runs out. Chop the parsley with a knife, pour it into the frying pan with the sauce and shrimps. After that, enter the pasta there, mix the dish with a wooden spatula and leave it on the lid on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
Prepared pasta is recommended to serve hot, folding it in a slide in the center of the plate. A perfect complement to it is white wine, as well as a light green salad. If desired, in addition to processed cheese, you can add hard cheeses to the sauce.
Creamy pasta with seafood and cherry tomatoes
One of the most simple dishes of Italian cuisine is spaghetti with shrimps in a creamy garlic sauce: it is cooked in a matter of minutes, and is also suitable for an ordinary dinner, and for a festive table. Traditional additions are cherry tomatoes and white wine, as well as basil leaves. In the absence of these ingredients, they can be replaced by ordinary small fleshy tomatoes, alcohol is eliminated, and instead of basil take mint or parsley. Parmesan is an amateur cheese, so in such recipes, Dutch cheese is considered more versatile.
- Pasta - 250 g
- Squids - 100 g
- Shrimp - 100 g
- Mussels - 150 g
- White wine (dry or semi-dry) - 50 ml
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Parmesan - 70 g
- Cream 20% fat - 160 ml
- Provencal herbs - 1 tsp.
- Cherry tomatoes - 5-6 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt - Pinch
- Boil water in a large saucepan, add 1 tsp to it. olive oil and add spaghetti (or other pasta). Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Wash the carcasses with squids, shrimps and mussels. Peel all seafood: prawns from the skin, heads and tails, mussels - from the valves, squid from the film. If canned foods are taken, it is enough just to dump them in a colander to glass the water. After that, grind squid and meat of mussels, leave the shrimps whole.
- In a deep frying pan with a non-stick coating, heat the olive oil, dump seafood there and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. After that, pour in the dry wine, wait another 1-2 minutes. with the lid open and add cream. Tomit under the lid for 10 minutes.
- Rub the parmesan on the shallow side of the grater, skip the peeled and chopped garlic cloves through the press, and pour into the pan. After 5 minutes spice up the sauce with the herbs and reduce the heat to low.
- Transfer the spaghetti to a colander. When they become less wet, transfer to the pan, mix all the ingredients and soak on the hot plate for another 2 minutes. Wash cherry tomatoes, dry with paper towels, cut into quarters.
Serve the prepared pasta in portions, garnished with tomato slices and fresh herbs. The most organic leaves are basil leaves.
Tricks and recommendations from leading experts
If you follow the Italian tradition to the end, then you should pay attention not only to how to cook, but also what to cook. This primarily concerns pasta: today the number of its varieties exceeds 30 pcs., And not all of them are really focused on the preparation of the main hot dish. What to look at?
- Long straight pasta of all kinds, except lasagna, is great for dressing with creamy sauce and adding seafood to it. All of them, with the exception of linguine, should be consumed hot.
- From short and curly fusilli are recommended, from hollow ones - penne, rigatoni, Pechutelle. In addition, you can use farfalle.
The type of pasta in the first place determines the duration of cooking: most manufacturers indicate this point on the packaging, and the Italians advise to cook for exactly 1 minute. less to get pasta al dente.
- Cream sauce is considered the easiest pasta in Italian cuisine to accompany. To make it exactly the same as in your sunny homeland, choose a cream of 20% fat and keep the proportion between cream and cheese in 4: 1 - for 50 g of Parmesan take 200 g of cream. Also, there must be added garlic, olive oil and egg yolk, which provides a strong consistency.
- Do not forget that the shrimp must also be prepared correctly: if they are pink, they are no longer boiled - just pour boiling water, stand for 1 minute, peel if necessary and add to the dish. If they are gray, you will need to boil in water with the addition of lemon juice, but at the same time the cooking time is 5 minutes. Overcooked seafood turns into tasteless "rubber".
Finally, it is worth noting that the key to the correct paste is to strictly observe the time of its cooking. However, real Italian pasta allows for accidental discharge from this framework (3-5 minutes more than the set) - the paste will not fall apart, but will retain its shape and taste.