Many housewives think that creating a confectionary masterpiece will take a whole day. But if you make sour cream, a classic simple recipe of which you will find in our article, the whole process will take no more than 1.5-2 hours. Sour cream cakes are not only easy to prepare, but also very tasty and healthy.
Sometimes it is so difficult to find a suitable classic recipe of sour cream cake. We propose today to discuss not only the best baking recipes that even beginner bakers will be able to do, but also to talk about some culinary tricks.
As you already understood, the cake got its name due to the content of a large amount of sour cream in it. In order not to spoil the taste of baking, you need to choose it correctly. Today, the market can mistakenly buy sour cream product that does not have any benefit to the body, and may not be the best way to affect the taste of the cake.
To select this sour cream, consider several aspects:
- sour cream is stored no more than 7 days in a sealed package at a temperature threshold of about 6 °;
- in untight container sour cream can be stored no more than 72 hours;
- it should have white saturated color and a uniform consistence;
- To authenticate sour cream, drip a little iodine into it, and if it is a sour cream product, it will turn blue.
So, how to choose a quality sour cream for the cake, we have already figured out. Now let's explore a few pastry tricks that will help make baking airy, fragrant and extremely tasty:
- sour cream and other products should have the same temperature mark;
- to make the dough more magnificent, sugar can be replaced with an equivalent amount of powder;
- sour cream cake perfectly harmonizes with any berry or custard creams, soufflés, as well as condensed milk;
- so that the baked biscuit moves away well from the sides of the mold, walk around the diameter with a thin knife or spatula;
- so that the cake does not break, it is best to lay it upside down;
- Biscuit sour cream cake can be baked with the addition of berries and pieces of fruit.
We draw your attention to the fact that this cake contains a large proportion of sour cream, which has cholesterol. Therefore, it is not recommended to often eat such baked goods for people suffering from pathologies of the cardiovascular system or diabetes mellitus.
Novice pastry chef note
If you want to cook a classic sour cream, but can not find a simple step by step recipe, we will help you. You can add cranberries or other berries, as well as bake sour cream sponge cake without filler.
- 140 g of creamy softened butter;
- 1.5 Art. sugar sand;
- 1 tsp. orange peel;
- vanillin - 1 tsp;
- 2.5 Art. sifted flour;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 2 pinches of salt;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- chopped almonds - to taste;
- 2 tbsp. cranberry berries.
- In a deep bowl, lay out the sifted flour and mix it with baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl lay out 1 tbsp. sugar and 110 g of creamy softened butter.
- Beat this mixture until smooth, and then add chicken eggs, orange zest and vanillin.
- After whipping this mass to a uniform consistency, add sour cream.
- Beat thoroughly this mass.
- In a coffee grinder, chop the almond kernels and add to the cream mass. Mix all with a spatula or a whisk.
- Now mix the sour cream thoroughly with the prepared flour.
- Cooked dough until set aside.
- Cranberry berries are thoroughly washed and dried.
- Put the berries in a glass bowl and mix with sugar to taste.
- Add the cranberry berries in the dough.
- Use a spatula to gently mix the mixture in order not to damage the integrity of the berries.
- Prepare the form. We grease its walls with creamy softened butter, and we bottom the floor with baking paper.
- Put the dough in the form.
- In a separate bowl mix the creamy softened butter, ½ tbsp. sifted flour and granulated sugar.
- Rub this mixture with your hands. This will be topping for our cake.
- Spread the powder evenly on the dough.
- We bake sour cream for 45-55 minutes in the oven at a temperature of 180 °.
Lovers of condensed milk
If you want to surprise your household with gourmet pastries, then the recipe for a classic simple sour cream with condensed milk is at your service. For baking this cake, you need the usual whole condensed milk and the so-called toffee or caramel.
- 250 ml of sour cream;
- ½ can of condensed milk;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l cocoa powder;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 2 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 0.2 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 1 can of condensed milk "Toffee".
- In a large bowl lay out chicken eggs.
- Beat the egg mass until the foam appears with a mixer or blender at maximum speed.
- In the egg mass add condensed milk, sour cream and granulated sugar. All mix.
- Baking soda is previously quenched with 9% table vinegar, and then added to the mixture.
- Then add sifted flour in small portions.
- To sour cream turned out lush and porous, it is important to constantly beat the dough.
- When adding flour, beat the dough with a mixer at minimum speed.
- Next, knead the dough with your hands. It should not be too knocked down.
- Divide the dough into the desired 4 parts.
- In two parts add cocoa powder.
- Roll out cakes of the same diameter.
- We bake sour cream cakes in the oven at a temperature threshold of 200 ° for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a delicious, but at the same time, a simple cream.
- In a separate bowl mix the creamy softened butter and condensed milk "Toffee".
- Beat this mixture until smooth.
- Allow baked cakes to cool and then cover them with richly prepared cream.
- Top sour cream can be sprinkled with coconut chips, chopped nuts, chocolate.
Let's trust the baking cake "Multiparu"
Many housewives who are already familiar with the functionality of the multicooker prefer to cook pastries with this kitchen appliance. Baking in a multi-cooker will not burn and will be fragrant, fluffy and porous. In addition, the baking time is significantly reduced, and the temperature threshold is much easier to set up than on an ordinary plate. Let's look at a simple recipe for classic sour cream in a slow cooker.
- 1.5 Art. sifted flour;
- 0.1 kg of creamy softened margarine;
- 1 can of condensed milk;
- 1 tsp. baking soda, slaked with 9% vinegar;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 600 ml of sour cream;
- 2/3 Art. sugar sand;
- to taste vanilla.
- We spread the softened margarine in a deep container, which is sent to the plate.
- At minimum heat, melt creamy margarine until a homogeneous liquid mass is formed.
- Add in margarine baking soda, slaked with 9% vinegar, chicken eggs, condensed milk and mix everything well.
- Then in equal portions add sifted flour to the liquid base and knead the dough.
- If desired, half of the dough can be mixed with cocoa powder, then baking will acquire a characteristic chocolate tint and flavor.
- With softened margarine or butter, grease the walls of the multi-cooker and lay out the dough.
- Set the program mode "Baking", set the timer for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut the baked cake in two equal parts.
- In a deep bowl mix sugar, vanilla and sour cream.
- All thoroughly whisk.
- Prepare the cream richly we grease cakes.
- We put sour cream in the refrigerator for 12 hours for impregnation.
As you can see, making homemade delicious pastries, which will be a piece of pastry art, is a snap. Cook sour cream with pleasure, especially since it is not only tasty, but also very useful. Enjoy your meal!