Soups have long been the main dish at the dinner table, and although they were often a simple set of products, each of the options became special. Who doesn’t remember with the heat aromatic and nourishing soup with dumplings - a quick and simple dish of Slavic cuisine? With a minimum set of ingredients, he is loved by both children and adults.
How to cook dumplings? Recipes for dough for the soup with the recommendations of professionals
Dumplings, dumplings, gnocchi or dumplings are small pieces of dough that can be added to the soup or boiled as an independent side dish. It is noteworthy that children like this filler in the first hot dishes much more than the usual noodles and pasta, or cereals, although the composition of the dumplings is extremely simple, and they themselves are completely tasteless if you follow the classic recipe. However, each hostess has a proprietary version of these lumps, without which the soup is not soup. We offer you the 2 most famous varieties.
Garlic dumplings are a good way to feed a baby with a healthy, but not too tasty product.
- Wheat flour - 110 g
- Garlic cloves - 2 pcs.
- Sour cream - 1 tsp.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Chop the garlic with a knife and put it through a press to get a uniform soft mass. Beat the egg whites in a bowl until a strong foam is formed; combine the yolk with sifted flour and garlic.
- Gradually add to them the protein and garlic mass, knead a dense dough. Put sour cream into it, keep kneading it with your hands: you should have an elastic lump. If it sticks to your palms, add some flour.
The finished dough must keep its shape well, otherwise the dumplings will fall apart during the cooking process.
Potato dumplings are considered more useful: they do not have an “empty” ingredient - flour, as a result of which the calorie content of the dish decreases significantly. The very same consistency is obtained so delicate and airy that children do not guess what the dumplings are made of.
- Young potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Cream - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Herbs to taste
- Rinse and peel the potatoes, cut into quarters, dip in cold salted water. Bring to a boil over medium heat with the lid ajar and cook for 30 minutes.
- Check the readiness of the potatoes with a wooden stick - if it falls apart easily, add cream and herbs to the pan, mash the pieces with a spatula, turn them into mashed potatoes, and then sweat for another 5 minutes.
- Cool the potato mixture to room temperature, mix with a beaten chicken egg, forming a tight ball. If it is too loose, add 1 tbsp. rye or oat bran - they absorb moisture very well.
Regardless of what recipe you used to make the dough into dumplings, it should be divided into pieces using a teaspoon, rolled into balls and dipped into boiling soup with the same spoon. To reach the ready dumplings, it takes only 5-7 minutes. If desired, you can pre-fry them in butter.
If you want to avoid the "wrong" ingredients in the dumplings, replace the wheat flour with any other: wholegrain or buckwheat is great. The calorie content of the dish will remain within the same range, but the beneficial qualities will significantly increase.
Soup with dumplings and chicken: a step-by-step recipe with photos
The highlight of this soup is the addition of grated cheese in dumplings. Professionals are advised to choose soft varieties, but you can use cheese or feta, which will make the dumplings very soft and creamy, or parmesan, which perfectly complements hot meat dishes. If you want to ease the calorie soup, take instead of the thigh and wing the usual breast, devoid of skin: the broth will be less nourishing and fat.
- Chicken thigh - 1 pc.
- Chicken Wing - 2 pcs.
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Wheat flour (or potato starch) - 200 g
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp. and for frying
- Soft cheese - 70 g
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, add salt and dip the washed chicken parts (thigh and wings). Within 10 min cook at high power, constantly removing the foam. After that, reduce the heat to medium, leave the meat to boil on their own for 40 minutes.
- Take the dumplings: pour warm water (50 ml) into the bowl, add olive oil and flour, whisk in a sticky rather thin mass. Insert the egg and the cheese passed through the shallow side of the grater, continue to beat until the dough is smooth. In terms of density, it should resemble sour cream, so if it turned out too thin, add some more flour or starch.
- Chop the peeled onion, rub the carrot on the coarse side of the grater. Cover the bottom of the hot pan with olive oil, fry the onion on it first to transparency, then the carrot. The total frying time is 5-7 minutes. When the chicken broth is ready, pour carrot and onion zazharki into it, boil for 10 minutes.
- Prepare 2 small spoons and a bowl of water. Dip them in water, then pick up the dough, forming a lump, and, helping yourself with a free spoon, dip the dumpling into boiling broth. According to this algorithm, send the whole mass of dough there, then cover the pan with a lid.
Continue cooking the soup for another 10 minutes, then add seasonings and turn off the heat. Let the dish stand and serve to the table under a dressing of sour cream and finely chopped greens.
Recipe for Homemade Soup with Dumplings and Shrimps
Cheese soups are especially popular during the cold season. They are thicker than usual, more nutritious and deliciously delicious hot, especially if they are supplemented with rye crackers. The only serious drawback of such a dish is its rather high calorie and fat content, since there are 3 “heavy” products at once: cheese, butter and cream. However, from time to time you can pamper yourself.
- Processed cheese - 3 pcs.
- Rice flour - 4 tbsp.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Frozen shrimp - 10 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Celery (stalks) - 1 pc.
- Dill - bunch
- Condiments to taste
- Butter - 10 g
- Low fat cream - 100 ml
- Heat a frying pan, put a piece of butter on it. As soon as it disperses, lay out the shrimp peeled and devoid of heads and tails. Cook for 5-7 minutes, turning constantly. After that, remove the pan from the heat, put the shrimp on a paper towel, depriving excess fat. Grind them with a knife, leave for a while.
- Shake a chicken egg in a small bowl and 1 tbsp. cream, add rice flour, knead in not too thick dough.
- Cool processed cheese in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, then grind with a food processor or meat grinder. In a small saucepan, boil 1.2 liters of water, throw in the curds, boil for 10 minutes. and add milk. It must be fresh, otherwise it will instantly roll up, spoiling the whole dish.
- Carrots pass through the coarse side of the grater, chop celery with a knife. Put them in the broth, boil for 15 minutes. After that add the fried shrimps.
- Forming small pieces with spoons, send dumplings into the soup. In 10 minutes. season with spices and herbs, turn off the burner.
If desired, you can substitute rice flour for wheat, oat, buckwheat, or even corn flour. Or you can chop the round grain rice, from which porridge is cooked: i.e. it should be well boiled soft and slimy, glued together.
Summing up, it is worth noting that the soup with dumplings was originally a peasant dish, which was quickly prepared to saturate a large family. That is why all recipes have enough calories and have a high percentage of fat - this food is not very well suited for diet food. However, you can always replace some of the components with lighter and more useful components at your discretion.