Solyanka is a primordially Russian dish, the first mentions of which date back to the 15th century. Initially, this fatty, rich soup with a savory, island-sour taste and spicy aroma was served only in the homes of the peasants. They also assigned him the second name - "hangover". Thanks to the satiety, the hodgepodge allowed to drink, almost without getting drunk, because it was often served to vodka.
Over time, the hodgepodge has gained popularity in various countries. Each cook brought something different to their composition, thanks to which there are several dozen of its varieties all over the world today. A solyanka team with sausage, which we offer you a recipe, can successfully replace the first and second courses!
Required ingredients solyanka: the secrets of compatibility
Spicy taste, sweet-sour notes, aromas of smoked meats and spicy greens - these are the essential components of the "portrait" of the perfect solyanka. Traditionally, this soup consists of 4 main ingredients and their groups.
It can be fish, mushroom or meat. It is worth considering that in order to get a rich taste, you should mix several varieties of fish or mushrooms, as well as different types of meat (chicken, beef, pork, etc.). If you need a squad with sausage, the recipe should include another ingredient - smoked meats (sausages, sausages, spare ribs, etc.).
Sweet and sour ingredients
To get a special, savory flavor, chefs from around the world add pickles (less often zucchini and pickled green tomatoes), olives, mushrooms (pickled or salted), capers, lemon juice / slices, and even kvass!
All the listed ingredients can be combined or used separately - it all depends on the gastronomical predilections and the type of base - broth.
Neutral flavor component
To make the soup full, boiled vegetables are used. It can be carrots, potatoes and even cabbage. In addition, boiled meat and eggs are suitable for this task.
The secret of the solyanka aroma is the large amount of greenery added to it: parsley, dill, and cilantro. For the same purpose, onions and garlic are used. And the final touch is the addition of spices blends (to your taste).
In addition to the taste combinations, the successful solyanka has some more secrets. First, it is necessary to strictly follow the recommended ordering sequence of ingredients in the broth. And secondly - do not forget about the importance of adhering to the temperature of cooking.
Are you interested in what a ready-made hodgepodge with sausage looks like? The recipe from the photo of this dish will convince even the most demanding hostess that the result is not only tasty, but also very appetizing!
The main highlight of this recipe is a large amount of meat. It is because of this circumstance that men like the classic hodgepodge so much! Despite the absence of boiled potatoes in the list of ingredients, the soup is very satisfying. So, how to make a hodgepodge team of sausage, smoked meats and meat?
- ½ kg of any smoked meats (which include sausages);
- 450-500 g of beef soup set (meat on the bone);
- 1 carrot and onion;
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 4 pickled or salted cucumbers;
- 2 bay leaves and garlic cloves;
- large black olives;
- oil (refined vegetable);
- greens (to your taste);
- salt and spices (black pepper, paprika);
- sour cream.
- Washed and filled with water, beef should be brought to a boil, remove the foam with a skimmer, and then boil the broth over a low heat for about 1.5 hours. An hour after the start of cooking, salt and spices are added to the pan.
- In the meantime, onions and carrots are peeled, chopped and pasted in butter. When they acquire a golden hue, add tomato paste to the pan and cook all together under the lid for about 5 minutes.
- Smoked meat, boiled meat and cucumbers are cut in small strips. The broth itself should be filtered. Then add vegetables with a tomato in it, and in a couple of minutes (after boiling) - ingredients cut into strips. After 15 minutes, the finished soup can be poured into plates and flavored with sour cream, olives, greens and lemon slices.
If you like a team with sausage, you can change the cooking recipe a little bit at your discretion, each time creating a new, equally tasty and nutritious dish.
This version of the soup can be cooked after the holidays, when in the refrigerator the remains of various types of boiled and smoked meat, sausages, cucumbers and much more are languishing idle. The recipe is quite simple, but the finished dish worthy of the highest praise!
- 200 g of smoked meat and boneless meat;
- 4 buds and sausages;
- 2 olives and small pickled cucumbers;
- 1 onion, carrot and lemon;
- 3 olives;
- 3 spoons (with a hill) of sweet and sour tomato paste;
- about 35 g capers;
- 2 bay leaves;
- oil (refined vegetable);
- spices and salt;
- sour cream.
- The meat washed and poured with water should be stewed on a low heat for about 2 hours - this is the only way you can get rich broth. It is important to periodically add water.
- The finished meat is diced and returned to the broth. There should also send sliced and fried sausages (sausages), kidneys and smoked meats. Separately, put the peeled and chopped onion, carrot and chopped capers on butter. Season the broth with vegetables. Chopped cucumbers are also allowed on hot oil (literally 5 minutes), after which a couple of spoons of broth are poured into the pan, and they are stewed for another 5 minutes. Then they should be transferred to the pan.
- Season and salt the soup, add olives and tomato paste. Then you can pour the ready hodgepodge into plates, adding to each piece of lemon, olives and a spoonful of sour cream!
Experiment and get new flavor combinations!