Smoked mackerel is rightfully considered to be a very tasty dish. In itself, the process of smoking requires a lot of time and a large number of fish, as well as a special smokehouse, which can not use every hostess.
But Now there are many recipes that allow to cook smoked mackerel at home. To do this, it is enough to use certain ingredients so that a tasty dish appears on your table.
- Mackerel - 2 pcs.
- Black tea - 3 bags
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Liquid smoke - 50 ml
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Water - 1 l
- Pour water into a saucepan, add liquid smoke, sugar, tea and salt. Then boil all ingredients for 3 minutes.
- When the finished marinade has cooled, put the previously cleaned mackerel in the pan. Cover the pot with a lid and refrigerate for 5 days.
- Before you eat homemade mackerel, wipe it with a paper napkin and dry it for 4 hours so that it is not wet.
Smoked mackerel with onion peel at home
- Mackerel - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 3 tbsp. l
- Water - 1 l
- Strongly brewed tea - 200 ml
- Onion Husk - 3 handfuls
- Coriander beans, black peppercorns - pinch
- Sugar - 1.5 Art. l
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Take the mackerel, separate from her head. Cut the abdomen and clean it. Remove the black film from the abdomen walls and rinse very thoroughly. Before smoking The mackerel should be very clean inside.
- Now measure 1 liter of water and pour it into the pot. Put the pot on the stove. Peel the husks from the onions and rinse them under cold running water. As soon as the water boils, put it in the water. Make a weak fire and boil the husk for 5 minutes. After that, let the water with the husk brew for 10 minutes and strain through a colander.
- Brew tea, pour tea brewing 200 ml of boiling water.
- Add sugar, salt to the filtered water, let the water boil, then turn off the heat. Add coriander, brewed tea, pepper and bay leaf to the water. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cool.
- Then pour broth into a wide dish and put the cleaned mackerel there. To make the mackerel very smoked, you can add 1 tbsp to the marinade. l liquid smoke.
- From above slightly press mackerel with a plate. Remove the fish in a cold place, you can go to the balcony and leave it for 3 days. To make the mackerel colored and salted evenly, it needs to be turned over from time to time..
- After 3 days, remove the fish from the marinade, blot with paper napkins, and then hang by the tail on the balcony. For this you can use twine or crochet. This will allow the mackerel to wind down and drain excess liquid. After 2 h. Mackerel grease with sunflower oil and try. To give smoked taste and smell to mackerel you can add a small amount of liquid smoke and special smoked salt.
How to make cold smoked mackerel?
To make cold-smoked mackerel at home, you need to buy fresh fish and be patient for 2 days.
- Fresh mackerel - from 2 to 6 pcs.
- Liquid smoke - 70 ml
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Onion Husk - 2 handfuls
- Water - 1 l
- Salt - 4 tbsp. l
- Mackerel need to gut and wash well.
- Peel the onion from the husk, wash it and pour boiling cold water. Add sugar and salt to boiling water. Then for 25 min. boil the resulting mixture.
- After the resulting broth is slightly cooled, it must be drained and mixed with liquid smoke.
- Fold the cooked mackerel in the resulting brine and hold under pressure for 2 days.
- Then the fish must be removed, rinsed under water, then dried and cut into portions for serving.
How to cook smoked mackerel in a European way?
In most cases, smoked mackerel at home is prepared from the same ingredients, only in different proportions. If you want to cook it according to the European recipe, then you can use this. The most important advantage of such a recipe for making smoked mackerel at home is the minimum amount of chemistry and the absence of paint under the skin, and its taste will be no different from the fish prepared in the smokehouse.
- Mackerel - 3 pcs.
- Water - 1 l.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. l
- Liquid smoke - 7 tbsp. l
- Smoked salt - 4 tbsp. l
- Saffron - 3 tbsp. l
- Curry seasoning - 1/3 tsp.
- Take 3 mackerels, gut them abdomen, cut off the head.
- Now cook the marinade. To do this, boil 1 l of water, brew saffron, pour boiling water 3 tbsp. l grass This will give the mackerel the desired color.
- When the marinade has cooled slightly, add sugar, salt and curry.
- Put the mackerel in a 2-liter plastic bottle. Fish should be placed tails up and then pour its marinade, cooled to room temperature. Then add liquid smoke.
- Leave to infuse for 4 days, 1 p. per day, turn it over by the tails so that it stains evenly. After 3 days, remove the fish from the marinade. Then hang by the tails so that she dries. Smoked mackerel in a European way.
If you want to enjoy the taste of smoked mackerel, it is not necessary to buy it in the store. Simply choose any recipe you like, buy fresh fish and cook smoked mackerel at home. To taste, this fish is almost no different from mackerel, processed in the smokehouse, and, given the desire of manufacturers to save on cooking recipes, smoked fish at home will be much tastier and safer than that acquired in the store.