Thinking what fish to cook, people completely undeservedly ignore the silver carp. Nevertheless, this fish is in no way inferior to its counterparts in the carp family in terms of taste and beneficial properties. The silver carp baked in the oven turns out to be very tender and incredibly tasty.
Silver Carp is a commercial fish that lives mainly in freshwater bodies. In the store, this fish can be identified by the greenish-gray color of the back and head. Its sides and abdomen have a silver color. Among silver carps there can be individuals reaching 8 kg in weight and 1 m in length. Choosing them for cooking, you should remember that the larger they are, the fatter.
Baked silver carp recipe
- silver carp (about 0.5 kg)
- 1 onion
- 100 g cheese and the same sour cream
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. l flour
- salt, spices, dill.
- Fish, of course, should be cleaned. Remove the insides, fins, pull out the bones. And, probably, you should not remind that it needs to be washed under running water. Everyone knows about it.
- Cut the fish carcass into medium pieces and brush them with spices, salt and lemon juice. It should be marinated about 2 hours.
- Cut the onion into half rings and fry in a pan.
- Put pickled pieces of silver carp on a baking sheet, pre-roll them in flour. Sprinkle with dill and coat with sour cream.
- The fish should be baked in the oven for 30 minutes. Then you need to remove the pan, sprinkle it with grated cheese, again put in the oven for a few minutes. Wait for the cheese to melt.
- Now the dish can be served on the table. Cheese generally makes any baked products tasty. But the taste of carp under cheese is special. Try it and you will understand everything.
Baked silver carp with vegetables
For such a dish, you can use any vegetables.
- carrots (2 pieces)
- beets (1 pc.)
- onions (3 pcs.)
- vegetable oil
- pepper, sugar and salt.
- take a fairly large fish (about 2 kg).
- Clean the carp. Cut off the side and tail fins, head, ridge. Remove all entrails in the usual way, then rinse under cold running water.
- Fish fillet, rub with pepper, salt and garlic on both sides. Cut it into equal pieces about 2 cm wide.
- Wash, dry, and peel vegetables. Crush carrots and beets with a coarse grater, and cut onions into half rings. Mix them, add a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper. The choice of seasonings and their quantity is yours. Use what you see fit.
- Pour the pan with a glass of vegetable oil and place the silver carp on it. The distance between the pieces fill the vegetable mixture. Preheat oven to 220 degrees and place a baking tray with a future dish in it. The fish will be ready in 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet and sprinkle the dish with vinegar, and then send it to the oven for another 5 minutes.
The whole silver carp recipe
- 1 kg of carp fillet
- half a lemon
- 3 pcs. onions
- 1 carrot
- sour cream, salt, pepper.
- Preparing such a dish quickly. First, squeeze the inside of the cleaned, washed fish and on it the juice of half a lemon, season with pepper and salt. Put the fish aside - it should be soaked.
- During this time, chop the onion into rings or half rings. On a large grater, grate the carrot and mix it with onion rings.
- Put the carcass on a greased baking sheet. Put the vegetables inside the fish and next to it. Pour all the sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees and send baking sheet to it. Cook the carcass for 30-40 minutes.
- Finished fish can be sprinkled on top with dried herbs or fresh dill, parsley or onion. Serve dish with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. But you can not use a side dish at all. Baked silver carp is a completely independent dish.
Recipe for baked silver carp in foil
- fish (1.5 kg)
- 1 lime (or lemon)
- seasoning for fish
- pepper, salt.
- Processed fish (peeled, with cut out fins and without viscera) should be rubbed with salt, seasonings for fish and pepper. Place the carcass on the foil, add a few rings of lime or lemon. Wrap it in foil.
- Heat the oven to 185 degrees, send a silver carp pan to it and bake for 40 minutes.
- If you want to add new flavors to your taste, you can add greens, tomatoes or a few rings of bell pepper to the dish.
Silver carp - a product that is not very common among fish lovers. But this injustice is worth fixing. The silver carp baked in the oven will be an excellent dinner or lunch for you. You probably will like at least one way to cook it in the oven. Using the recipes of roasting this fish, you naturally get tasty and healthy dishes for yourself, family and friends.