Despite the fact that France is considered the birthplace of exquisite and fragrant pastries, in our country hostesses have come up with many recipes for delicious confectionery. So, from a set of products that are in each refrigerator, you can bake an appetizing sandy cake with cottage cheese.
Shortbread Pastry Cheese Cake: Culinary Tips
Have you ever wondered why the dough is called sandy? Due to the special consistency of such a dough, ready-made pastries are scattered into small particles similar to sand. From it you can bake cakes for cakes, pies, cakes, croissants, pretzels, etc. And if earlier you could cook real shortbread dough only by qualified pastry chefs, then today you can make it at home.
In order to make the dough crumbly and somewhat grainy, during its preparation you need to take into account a number of aspects, in particular:
- all the ingredients for the dough must be chilled, you also need to pre-cool the used kitchen utensils;
- It is allowed to use any filling: curd mass, chocolate, fruits and berries, nuts and dried fruits, citrus zest, raisins;
- very tasty and fragrant sand cakes are obtained with pumpkin or carrot layer;
- butter can be replaced with margarine or other animal fat, including spread;
- the baking tray must be dry, baking paper is allowed;
- vanilla, cocoa powder, chopped cinnamon can be added to make the curd pie delicate and unusual flavor;
- the dough does not need to knead for a long time, otherwise it will become hard and not crumbly.
Sandwich cottage cheese cake: a recipe with photos
Prepare shortbread dough can be quite simple. Just do not forget that all products and equipment must be cold, including a cutting board and a knife.
- 200 g sifted flour;
- cooled butter - 100 g;
- granulated sugar - 170 g (of which 50 g for the dough);
- 0.5 kg of cottage cheese or curd mass;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- Chilled butter should be grated.
- Put grated butter, sifted flour and granulated sugar into a separate glass or enameled container.
- All components need to rub hands so that the mass resembled crumbs. The prepared mixture must be refrigerated.
- For the preparation of the filling should take a deep glass bowl, in which you want to put the cottage cheese, chicken eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- All components must be thoroughly mixed and whipped with a mixer or blender.
- Baking molds must be greased with softened butter or covered with baking paper. Put on the bottom half cooked shortbread dough.
- The next layer should be evenly put the prepared cheese mixture.
- On top of the curd mass should lay out the rest of the short pastry and flatten the surface of the cake with a spatula.
- Bake the cottage cheese cake should be in the oven at a temperature of 180 °.
- Baking time is approximately 50 minutes.
Sand cake with cherry
Sandy pastries with a layer of curd mass and fruits of cherries turn out appetizing, juicy and fragrant. You can experiment with the filling and replace the cherries with other fruits. By analogy, you can make sandwich with cottage cheese and berries, for example, with blueberries or cranberries.
- 50 g of creamy softened butter;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- sifted flour - 150 g;
- cherry berries - 250 g;
- curd or curd mass - 200-250 g;
- 7 tbsp. l granulated sugar (in equal shares for dough and filling);
- icing sugar to decorate the cake.
- Melt the butter and melt in a separate container with sugar.
- In eggs, whites should be separated from yolks. Protein mass should be put in the refrigerator, and add the yolks to the oil mixture.
- In a bowl with butter, add the sifted flour and knead the dough.
- In the dry form you need to lay out the prepared dough, forming high sides.
- In a separate glassware should grind the cooled curd mass with sugar.
- Chilled proteins should be whipped for at least 5 minutes to form a foamy mass.
- Whipped whites should be added to the curd and mix.
- Thawed cherries should be laid out in a baking dish on top of the dough.
- The last layer is necessary to lay out the prepared curd mass.
- To bake such a pie with a cherry filling should be in the oven at a temperature of 180-190 ° for at least 45 minutes.
Gourmet dessert with jam
If you do not have fresh fruits, berries or frozen fruits on hand, then you can use any jam, confiture, jam or jam for the filling. To give the cake an unusual taste, you can add poppy. By analogy, a sandy cake with cottage cheese and apples is prepared.
- 300 g of sifted flour;
- 120 g butter;
- granulated sugar - 130 g;
- 4 chicken eggs;
- curd or curd mass - 0.5 kg;
- 2 tbsp. l poppy seeds;
- some salt;
- 100 g of jam.
- Creamy cooled butter should be grated on a fine grater.
- Put grated butter, granulated sugar, sifted flour and salt into a separate enamel or glass bowl. All components should be rubbed by hand.
- In the resulting mixture, add the chicken eggs and knead the dough.
- The finished dough should be wrapped with food film and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Approximately 120 g of cottage cheese should be mixed with poppy seeds.
- The remaining curd mass should be mixed with eggs and, if desired, with powdered sugar.
- Baking sheet or form should be covered with baking paper and lay out a portion of the cooled dough, forming high sides.
- Also, the bottom layer of dough should be evenly punctured with a fork or toothpick.
- From above it is necessary to lay out the egg-curd mass.
- The next layer you need to put the jam.
- The last layer should be put curd, mixed with poppy seeds.
- You need to bake the cake for half an hour at a temperature of 180-190 °.
- Baked cottage cheese sand cake can be decorated with icing sugar.
Delicate cottage cheese cake in a slow cooker
In a slow cooker you can cook almost any baking. If you want to surprise your household, try baking a sandwich with pumpkin and cottage cheese. The kumquat added to the filling will give baking not only an exquisite color, but also a flavor.
- oatmeal flour or flakes - 120 g;
- 1 yolk;
- 50 g of creamy softened butter;
- Kumquat - 110 g;
- ½ tsp baking powder;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- 180 grams of cottage cheese;
- granulated sugar - 150 g;
- some salt;
- 700 g pumpkin pulp;
- ginger powder - 1 tsp;
- egg white - 1 pc.
- Oatmeal flakes must be crushed to the consistency of flour, and then add baking powder.
- In a separate enamel or glass bowl should be put curd mass, butter, egg yolk, granulated sugar and salt. All you need to carefully beat.
- Then you need to combine the prepared components, add the sifted flour and knead the dough.
- Prepared dough should be refrigerated for half an hour.
- Pumpkin pulp and kumquat need to be cut and then mixed with ginger powder.
- Multivarice bowl must be greased with butter and put the dough, forming hands with high sides.
- The next layer to lay out pumpkin pulp.
- Two chicken eggs should be mixed with egg white and sugar and using a mixer, beat everything until foam appears.
- The resulting mixture should be poured over the top of the cake.
- Bake cottage cheese cake with pumpkin filling is necessary in the program mode "Baking".
- The timer should be set to 50-60 minutes.
Now you know how to make a real confectionery masterpiece at home. Do not be afraid to experiment, because with cottage cheese and sand dough almost any fillings are combined. Enjoy your meal!