Shortbread dough pie with jam reminds us of the taste of childhood. It was such pies that my grandmother made for evening tea drinking. Sand Cake remains the favorite delicacy of many adults.
Shortcake pastry with jam: cooking features
Jam pie is a very popular delicacy not only in Russia, but also in Europe. For example, in Italy they cook an open pie with jam called tart, and in Venice they prefer to rub the dough on a grater. By the way, the Venetian pie can be found in stores in the form of cookies.
To make baking successful, you need to adhere to the following tips:
- Add one teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice to the dough. This will not affect the taste, and baking will be more tender and will preserve freshness longer.
- To prevent the edges of the cake from burning, cover them with foil 15 minutes after the start of baking.
- Going too far with flour when working with ready-made dough is easy enough. Add it sparingly, as excess flour will tighten the dough.
- If you prefer to roll out the shortbread dough for the cake, then bother to cook it at least one hour before baking. Such a trick will prevent the distortion of the cake in the future.
- Margarine, which is a part of shortcrust pastry, can always be replaced with butter. The taste of this will not spoil, only the cake will be a little more expensive.
Now your sandy jam pie will surely be the most delicious. And if you do not know the recipe for this wonderful pastry, then use one of the proposed.
Grated sand cake
- 1 tbsp. soft margarine;
- ¾ Art. Sahara;
- 4 egg yolks;
- 3 tbsp. l vanilla essence;
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 450 ml of strawberry jam.
- The preparatory stage in baking sand cake with jam traditionally begins with kneading dough. To do this, margarine and powdered sugar, beat up until a homogeneous mass.
- Now add the egg yolks (from the proteins you can later make an omelet) and vanilla essence.
- All ingredients are well mixed. The result should be a gruel, the consistency of a thick cream.
- Without ceasing to stir, we add flour in three approaches.
- When it becomes difficult to stir with a spoon, we shift the dough onto the table and continue kneading, adding flour as necessary. As a result, you should get a soft dough that will not stick to your hands.
- Now, from the dough, you need to form two balls - one larger, the other slightly smaller. Each ball should be packed in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.
- While the dough is cooling, turn on the oven to heat 180 degrees and cover the baking tray with baking paper.
- After half an hour, the dough from the fridge needs to be taken out and evenly spread a larger ball over the whole area of the pan.
- Top dough must be greased with a thin layer of jam.
- Now, grate a smaller piece of dough on a coarse grater, spreading it over a layer of jam, and put the baking tray in the oven.
- After 20-25 minutes, get the cake out of the oven, let it cool down a bit and cut into small squares.
Sweet cake for tea
- 110 g margarine;
- ½ tbsp. Sahara;
- 1 large egg;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract;
- zest of 1 lemon;
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- 400 g of any jam.
- Cooking sweet cake with jam should start with kneading dough. To do this, pour sugar and slices of softened margarine into the mixer bowl. Beat the ingredients at high speed until fully combined.
- Now in a separate bowl, mix the egg, baking powder for the dough, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- We combine both mixtures and continue to work as a mixer only at medium speed.
- Then add flour to the rest of the ingredients and continue kneading the dough with a spoon.
- When the dough is soft enough, we make two balls of it: large and small. We pack both balls in cling film and remove the "rest" in the fridge.
- An hour later, we take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll out a layer of about 20 cm in diameter from a larger piece.
- We roll out the rolled dough well into the baking mold, and cut off the excess edges.
- Put a layer of jam on top of the dough layer.
- The second piece of dough is also rolled out into a circle and cut it into vertical strips about 1 cm thick each.
- From the stripes form a lattice on the cake and grease it with egg yolk.
- Remove the form in the oven, which is preheated to 180 degrees.
- After 20-25 minutes, when the top becomes covered with a golden brown crust, we take the form out of the oven and, without removing the cake, let it cool for 20 minutes.
- After a while, we remove the cake from the mold, cut it into pieces and serve it to the table.
How to make a universal shortbread dough for the cake: a recipe
- 2 ½ tbsp. flour;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 20 Art. l margarine;
- 5 tbsp. l cold water.
- The first step is to mix all the dry ingredients together. To do this, combine a salt, sugar, baking powder for the dough and 2/3 of the flour in a food processor.
- The second step is to add pieces of soft margarine to the dry mixture and continue to beat until it resembles the dough, which is collected in clots.
- Then stir the dough with a rubber spatula. Pour the remnants of flour into the bowl of the combine and whisk for the last time until a crumbly dough is obtained.
- With the same rubber spatula we shift the dough into a clean bowl and pour in cold water.
- Stir the dough with a spatula until it fully absorbs water and forms one dense ball.
- Now transfer the dough onto a floured work surface and continue kneading, adding more flour as necessary.
- When the dough becomes sufficiently elastic, divide it into 2 equal halves, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge.
- This shortbread dough can be stored in a refrigerator from 2 hours to 3 days. Before cooking the cake, do not forget to give the dough to get used to the room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
Prepare a sandy cake with any jam, jam or marmalade. And in the dough you can always add a little bit of cinnamon, rosemary or cardamom to add special notes to the dish. In general, experiment with the composition, bring something new, and you will definitely create your own unique recipe for shortcake with jam.