Sand baking remains a favorite delicacy of many people. How to cook crumbly and unusually tasty shortbread dough for pie with apples? Today we reveal all the secrets of pastry and prepare exquisite homemade pastries easily and quickly.
Tips from the pastry chest
Sand dough for pie with apples can be prepared in several ways. Each hostess chooses a suitable option. The taste of cooked dough and baking in general depends on the technology of kneading the base.
To date, the confectionery world knows three ways to prepare shortcrust pastry, in particular:
In the first case, for the dough you need to chop all the ingredients. Lightly frozen butter or margarine is mixed with sifted flour, and then these components are ground with a knife to the consistency of a crumb.
Sucre is another technology for making dough that resembles sand grains in appearance. In a separate container, chilled butter and eggs are whipped together, then all the liquid components and sifted flour are introduced.
The most common method of kneading short pastry is considered saber. For the preparation of such baking components are used that have the same temperature. All ingredients frayed in manual mode.
A few practical tips to help you properly prepare shortbread dough for your favorite apple pie:
- if you choose the method of kneading dough saber, beforehand, 2-3 hours before the cooking process, remove all products from the refrigerator;
- You can add a little citric acid to make the granulated sugar better whipped with the egg mass;
- knead the dough for no longer than three minutes, otherwise we risk making it rough and tough;
- for even baking the cake, we make punctures with a fork in several places;
- use apples not too hard;
- apples cleaned from the core and remove the stem;
- the filling can be ground in a blender, grated or cut into equal slices;
- Apples mixed with caramel, cinnamon, honey, sugar and vanilla, cottage cheese, raisins, dried fruits, etc will be an excellent combination for the filling.
- baking soda can be used to loosen the dough, but its quantity is not abused;
- large amounts of soda will make the dough tasteless and dark;
- rich yellow baking will give everyone a well-known turmeric.
Apple Mix: spoiling your household
The most popular delicacy among many people is the open apple pie with shortbread dough. The advantage of such baking is that you can cook it not only in the summer. Fortunately, on sale apples can be found all year round. This confection is prepared simply, quickly, and most importantly, it turns out very tasty and useful, because apples are a storehouse of minerals, vitamins and trace elements.
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- sifted flour - 3 tbsp .;
- 170 ml of table mayonnaise;
- 1 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 180 grams of butter;
- apples for the filling;
- 1-2 tbsp. l table vinegar with 9% concentration;
- 0.5 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- We prepare all the components. In advance we get them from the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl lay out melted butter, granulated sugar, egg, salt, baking soda, slaked with vinegar, mayonnaise.
- All components are whipped until a mass of homogeneous consistency.
- In a deep bowl, sift the flour, and then add the liquid mass.
- Knead the dough. It should be tight, but elastic.
- From the resulting dough form the cake of the right size.
- The bottom of the pan is covered with baking paper, and the cake is laid out on top.
- Apples thoroughly washed, dried and cut into equivalent slices.
- In any order, arrange apple slices on the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle sugar over the filling.
- For 20 minutes, bake an open apple pie in the oven at a temperature threshold of 200-220 ° C.
- Pastry slightly cooled and decorated with icing sugar or powdered cinnamon on top.
Sand pastries in a hurry
We already know that shortbread dough can be prepared in several ways. Now consider the recipe for apple pie, designed for baking in a slow cooker. This kitchen appliance has taken pride of place in almost every kitchen. Why not maximize its functionality?
- 1 tbsp. semolina;
- 1 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 0.2 kg of butter;
- 0.8 kg of apples;
- 1 tbsp. sugar sand;
- to taste powdered sugar.
- Pour all the dry ingredients into a deep bowl and add frozen butter.
- Chop the butter with a knife until the formation of small pieces.
- Next, we work in manual mode, grinding all the components before the formation of sand crumbs.
- The resulting mass is evenly distributed into three parts and set aside.
- Apples for the filling are washed, peeled, dried and ground.
- Multi-cooker cup is richly lubricated with creamy softened butter. On the bottom lay out one part of the cooked dough.
- The next layer lay out shredded apples. If desired, they can be sprinkled lightly with sugar, vanilla or cinnamon.
- By analogy, lay out the remaining dough and apple filling in a multi-cooker bowl, alternating layers.
- The last layer must be sand crumb.
- We choose the program in accordance with the functional features of the multicooker, the "Baking" mode is best suited. Set the timer for 80 minutes.
- Give the finished cake to cool, and then remove it from the multi-cooker bowl.
- From above we decorate the cake with icing sugar.
Apple sandwich pastry is a favorite delicacy of almost all admirers of home-made confectionery. You can diversify the selected recipe and add brand new ingredients to the filling. Do not forget that the taste of shortbread dough depends on the technology of its preparation. Having tried this cake once, you will cook it again and again. Enjoy your meal!