Barbecue is among the most delicious and healthy dishes. All because during its preparation all the excess fat from the meat, which is located above the hot coals, is melted down, and useful substances remain. Today it is not necessary to have a grill or make a fire in nature for cooking this dish, because you can make a kebab in a slow cooker.
And so that the cooking process brings you only pleasure, we have selected some of the best recipes, using which you will create a real culinary masterpiece.
The subtleties of cooking kebab in a slow cooker
It is clear that shish kebab, which is roasted in a slow cooker, is slightly inferior to that prepared on the grill, because the fat has nowhere to drain. However, during cooking, you do not need to add vegetable oil, which allows the meat to be well roasted and stewed in its own juice.
Choosing meat, consider its dietary aspect. Those who try to follow the figure, it is better to take chicken fillet or turkey. Thanks to the multicooker, such meat will turn out to be ideally tender and will not dry out, but the chicken breast cooked on charcoal quickly turns into a “rusk”. Those who can afford to eat fatty foods can cook beef or pork. It is important that the meat is properly pre-marinated so that it turns crispy and soft. As a garnish for such a dish is better to submit a salad of vegetables.
What do cooks advise?
To figure out how to cook a kebab in a slow cooker, you need to listen to the advice of experienced chefs and hostesses. Here are a few principles, following which you can cook the perfect dish:
- Meat choose only the freshest, because the taste of the dish depends largely on him. If the meat has been frozen, then it is better to place it in advance in the room so that it will defrost in a natural way. If you defrost meat in the microwave, the fibers will be too hard.
- The chicken needs to be pickled for 2 hours, the turkey is 4, the pork or beef is 12. This is the minimum time it takes for the meat to marinate well. Do not forget: the longer the meat is in the fragrant marinade, the juicier and tastier the kebab will be.
- Forget about skewers at least for a while, if you are cooking pork or beef shashlik. They will be needed, but later. Only meat should be inside the multicooker. When it is ready, then you can strung it on skewers.
- Do not pour the marinade, because it can be used during cooking. By adding a little marinade in the bowl itself, you will make the meat more juicy and tender.
- You need to cook alternately in the programs "Frying" or "Baking", as well as "Porridge". The first program should be put on 40 minutes, if the total weight of meat is less than 500 g, and when there is more, you should cook, respectively, longer. In the program "Porridge" you need to cook only 10 minutes, since this time is enough to make the kebab tender.
Delicate chicken skewers in a slow cooker
- 500 g chicken fillet;
- 50 g olive oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 50 g of soy sauce;
- 50 g of honey;
- salt, seasonings.
- First of all, you need to cut the chicken in small pieces.
- Now prepare the marinade: to do this, mix honey and olive oil, and then rub everything well with an ordinary whisk, add soy sauce, spices, garlic and salt. All mix well.
- Put the pieces of meat in a regular bowl and mix, so that they were all in the marinade. Cover or tighten with cling film and refrigerate.
- Onions should be cut into large rings.
- After 2-3 hours you need to get a kebab and strung it on skewers, alternating pieces of meat with onion rings. Put everything in the slow cooker and pour the marinade that remains. You need to cook in the program "Frying".
- Fry chicken skewers in a slow cooker should be about 40 minutes. After a specified time, it can be served at the table.
Fragrant Pork Shashlik
- 1 kg of pork neck;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 3 onions;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- salt and pepper.
- Boil the tomatoes, peel and chop them into small pieces.
- Peel the onion, cut it into rings, add salt to make the juice stand out.
- Cut the meat into slices, mix it with onions and tomatoes.
- Make a marinade of garlic and sour cream, fill them with meat and marinate everything for 12 hours.
- Put the meat in the bowl. Prepare a pork shish kebab in a slow cooker for about 45 minutes, while it needs to be mixed periodically. After this time, you need to sweat the meat for 5-7 minutes and can be served, previously strung on wooden skewers.
Features of cooking other types of meat in a slow cooker
Quite tasty is barbecue lamb. The principle of its preparation in the slow cooker is not much different from the classic recipe, but it is worthwhile to elaborate on some points:
- Before cutting the meat does not need to immediately cut off all the fat, because when it is melted, the dish will become softer and juicy. In addition, thanks to this fat you can not use butter, and the meat will be cooked in its own juice.
- Before the main cooking process, let the lamb roast a little. To do this, pour a spoonful of oil into the bowl of the multicooker or put some fat in the tail. Once the bottom is hot enough, you can lay out the meat.
- After a few minutes, you can add vegetables, spices and pour all the water, changing the mode "Baking" to "Quenching". Such a kebab is cooked in a Redmond multicooker for about an hour.
Beef and turkey are cooked a little longer than chicken. Such meat must be in Baking mode for at least 50 minutes.
With the help of a slow cooker, every hostess can cook a delicious kebab. To do this, do not even have to leave the house. The taste of this dish is very similar to meat cooked on the fire. You can serve it with different side dishes and sauces. And most importantly, while cooking a kebab in a slow cooker, there is no need to keep a close eye on the meat so that it does not burn, so you can freely go about your business. Enjoy your meal!