Today, the slow cooker has become just an indispensable assistant for many housewives, because with its help you can cook almost any dish very quickly. It does not require any special culinary skills or exotic products.
Incredibly delicious, tender, juicy and appetizing is a pork roast baked in a slow cooker. It is easy to prepare it, the most important thing is to choose good meat.
Pork knuckle in a slow cooker: a recipe
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Black pepper peas - 10 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 1 sheet
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves
- Soy sauce - 6 tbsp. l
- Red semi-sweet wine - 1 tbsp.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Pork knuckle - 1 kg.
- The most important thing is to choose the right knuckle. Before buying it, it is necessary to conduct a thorough inspection - there should not be any excess bristle on the surface, no skin defects, as well as other shortcomings.
- Rudder is thoroughly washed with running water, after which it is cleaned with a knife or brush from dirt. In the event that there is a small bristle, it should be singed, but very carefully.
- PodravdelnuyuRulkah laid out on the bottom of the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Carrots are taken and thoroughly cleaned, peeled and cut into large cubes (can be wedged).
- Onions are cleaned, washed and cut into 4 parts (divided across).
- Prepared pieces of carrots and onions are laid out in a multicooker bowl, while stacked around the knuckle or between them (if several small roles were taken).
- A bay leaf, peppercorns are added, and the knuckle is seasoned with salt. Cold water is poured.
- It is necessary to pour so much water that it was about 1 cm above the meat.
- Set the "extinguishing" mode on the multivarkenado, the timer is set for 40 minutes, and there should be a maximum pressure. In the event that a multicooker model is used which does not have the function of a pressure cooker, then the meat can be stewed in a simple mode until fully cooked for 1.5 hours.
- Pieces of meat are taken from the broth, then all the vegetables are removed, as they are no longer needed. If desired, the broth can be drained through a fine sieve and used as a base for soup.
- 6 cloves of garlic are peeled, then each slice is cut into 2 halves lengthwise, after which the knuckle is stuffed with garlic.
- Pieces of meat are returned to the multicooker bowl (empty) and 1 tbsp added. red wine, soy sauce is also added (6 tbsp. l.). The bowl is covered with a lid and the baking mode is set, the timer is set for half an hour.
- The pieces of meat are turned over to the other side, after which the frying mode is set, the timer is set for 15 minutes. The most important thing now is not to close the lid, since the sauce should thicken, all the excess moisture gradually evaporates. Thanks to this, the pieces of meat are slightly browned.
- In the event that a simple multicooker will be used, so that a portion of the sauce evaporates during baking, you need to turn the knuckle and continue cooking the dish under the baking mode under the lid closed.
- The finished knuckle should have a dark shade, tender meat and carmelised crisp.
The recipe is very gentle shank in a slow cooker
- Salt - to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Spices - to taste
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l
- Garlic - 5-7 cloves
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Pork knuckle - 1 pc. (300-350g)
- The first step is to prepare pork shin. It is best to stop the selection on the part is not very large in size so that it easily fits in the bowl of the multicooker.
- Pork rinse is thoroughly cleaned with running water, if necessary, the skin should be cleaned with a brush and scorch the existing bristles.
- Using a sharp knife, the shank is cut lengthwise, after which the bone is carefully removed.
- Garlic is peeled and passed through a press, while a pair of cloves must be put aside, as they will be useful a little later. If desired, the garlic can be chopped on a fine grater.
- As soon as the knuckle is fully prepared, it should be put on the table skin down. Inside, the knuckle is carefully rubbed with chopped garlic, salt and black pepper (spices are taken to taste).
- The carrot is cleaned, washed, dried and cut with oblong small pieces. It is necessary to cut the carrot so that it was convenient to stuff the meat.
- Finely chopped and the remaining garlic cloves.
- Meat must be stuffed with garlic and carrots. To be comfortable, it is recommended to stop the choice on oblong pieces, since they are much more convenient to turn into a knuckle.
- On the edge of the shank laid out nashpigovannoe meat. Now it is neatly rolled up in the form of a roll, after which its thick end is tied with a string (culinary thread).
- The finished roll is again rubbed with salt, spices and ground black pepper. Spices can be chosen to your liking, there are almost no restrictions.
- On the multicooker, the "frying" mode is set, a small amount of vegetable oil is poured into the bowl and warmed up.
- A stuffed pork knuckle is laid out in a multicooker bowl and fried from 2 sides. The main thing is to regularly roll the roll in order to form a uniform golden crust.
- Then the "quenching" mode is set on the multicooker, and the knuckle is cooked for 2.5-3 hours.
- After the specified time, the ready-made roll is shifted to the dish, decorated with fresh greens.
How to cook shank in a slow cooker in a special way?
To cook stuffed pork knuckle, you can use not only the above recipe, but also another option. In this case, it does not need to be cut, you can leave the bone inside.
- Pork knuckle (middle piece) - 1 pc.
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Parsley - 1 root
- Filling - to choose
- Prepared pork knuckle is laid out in a multicooker bowl, seasoned to taste with salt and hot water is poured. Water should be poured so that the meat was completely covered with liquid.
- A couple of peas of allspice and parsley root are added to the water.
- On the multi-cooker, the “extinguishing” mode is set, the knuckle is boiled for 3 hours until fully cooked.
- After the specified time, the finished knuckle gets out of the multicooker bowl and is left for a while so that it can cool completely. Then it is carefully cut with a sharp knife and the bone is removed.
- Now you can wrap any stuffing in the meat - it can be cheese, mushrooms, stewed sauerkraut. As soon as the filling is laid out, the knuckle is rolled up in the form of a roll and wrapped with cling film, tied with a thread.
- Then it is placed under the press and left for several hours.
- Immediately before serving, the thread and food film is removed to the table, the knuckle is cut into small portions and decorated with leaves of fresh greens.
Not so long ago, it was assumed that only an experienced chef could cook a soft and tasty knuckle. Since multivarki appeared in many kitchens, the situation has changed. Now the tender dishes of pork shank will easily succeed even the beginning mistress.