Many in their lives have tried such a wonderful dish as shawarma. Shawarma (shawarma, donar, shuarma, etc.) is something that looks like Mexican burritos, filled with chopped vegetable salad and meat. Shawarma refer to fast dishes. Just a few minutes - and it will be ready.
Initially, lamb was used to make shawarma. Then they began to cook shawarma from pork, veal and even chicken. Recently, chicken appetizer has become very popular, as it is a fairly inexpensive and less high-calorie product.
Recipes for homemade shawarma sauce
Garlic sauce for shawarma: a recipe
Traditionally, for the preparation of shawarma prepared garlic sauce. But now the sellers in the stalls, instead of the traditional sauce, use a mixture of mustard and mayonnaise or mayonnaise and ketchup, which is not entirely correct.
- Sour cream - 4 tbsp.
- Kefir - 4 tbsp.
- Thick mayonnaise - 4 tbsp.
- Garlic - 8 h.
- Ground black pepper
- Red ground pepper
- Spicy herbs (cilantro, dill, parsley, basil, oregano, etc.)
- Peel the garlic and pass it through a press or grate.
- To the rubbed garlic, add sour cream, mayonnaise, kefir, spices and herbs.
- Stir the resulting mass. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce, fill the snack and eat it with pleasure.
White shawarma sauce at home
- Cucumber - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 200 g
- Garlic - 3 h.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and grate the cucumber on a fine grater.
- Mix the grated cucumber with sour cream.
- Add salt, pepper and squeezed garlic.
- Whisk the prepared mass.
- Cooked sauce for homemade shawarma can be refilled snack.
Tehran Shawarma Sauce
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp.
- Kefir - 300 ml
- Garlic - 4 tooth.
- Dried herbs - to taste
- Black and red pepper - to taste
- Put eggs, salt, peeled garlic cloves, dried herbs and pepper in a blender. Grind foods until smooth.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, carefully pour sunflower oil into it.
- In the resulting mixture, add kefir. The sauce should not be too thin or too thick. Otherwise, it will be inconvenient to smear it on pita bread.
Arabic sauce for homemade shawarma
- Sour Cream - 1 tbsp.
- Green onions - 200 g
- Garlic - 3 h.
- Curry - 1 y.
- Marinated cucumber - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp.
- Spicy herbs - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Mix sour cream with chopped garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Cut the pickled cucumber. Add it to the creamy garlic mixture.
- Add dried herbs and spices to the mixture. Let it stand for 20 minutes. After it can be used for cooking.
Home Shawarma Recipe
- Fresh Pita
- Pickled cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Marinated meat (any) - 300 g
- Korean carrot - 150 g
- Marinated mushrooms - 150 g
- Cheese - 100 g
- Shawarma sauce
- Tomatoes - 1 pc.
- Salad - 150 g
- Marinate the meat. Fry it in the pan.
- Cut the cucumber into strips, tomatoes into small cubes, and chop the salad.
- Place fried meat, cucumbers and tomatoes, pickled mushrooms, shredded lettuce and Korean carrots on the edge of pita bread.
- Pour the filling over the appetizer with the sauce.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese grated on a fine grater.
- Form pita bread: first wrap one of the edges with an overlap on the filling. Then wrap the pita roll.
- Heat the resulting snack in a pan on both sides.
- Shawarma at home ready for use.
It is easy to prepare shawarma sauce at home. For its preparation does not need exotic ingredients, which makes the cooking process affordable. Prepare the sauce according to the recipe, otherwise you will not be able to cook real shawarma. It is the sauce that gives the snack a savory and unusual taste. Enjoy your meal!