Shawarma is an incredibly tasty dish that came to us from the East. Usually it has the character of street fast food, but you can make this delicious dish yourself at home. The whole cooking process will not take more than half an hour. However, there is one little secret here so that shawarma is not only tasty, but also juicy, tender, you should give preference to not very fat meat.
Classic Shawarma: recipe with photos
- Ketchup (sweet or spicy) - 1.25-1.5 st. l
- White sugar - 0.25-0.5 tsp.
- Sour cream - 65-70 g
- 9% vinegar - 1 tsp.
- Pita bread - 2-3 pcs.
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Vegetable oil - 1.25 tsp.
- Cabbage - 70-90 g
- Carrots - 25-30 g
- Fresh greens - 1-1.25 tsp.
- Garlic cloves - 4-5 pcs.
- Pork - 140-160 g
- Chopped green onions - 1 tbsp. l
- Carrots are ground on a grater, shredded cabbage.
- Mix vegetables with chopped green onions and herbs. All components are well mixed and refilled with a small amount of vinegar 9% and oil.
- In the salad, add sugar and salt (to taste).
- Take the meat and cut it into small straws.
- Next, prepare the sauce for shawarma-mix in a separate container of ketchup and sour cream, add the garlic passed through the press. All thoroughly mixed, as the sauce should be of a uniform consistency.
- Then going to shawarma - take pita bread and unfold it on the table, pour the sauce and carefully smear.
- On top of the sauce is laid out part of the minced meat, salad with cabbage, again pour the sauce.
- Pita rolls up the tube, bends the lower part.
Cooking shawarma with chicken at home
- Ketchup (sweet or spicy) - to taste
- Tomatoes - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - to taste
- Mayonnaise- 180-210 g
- Salt - to taste
- Fresh cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Pepper to taste
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Lavash - 3-4 leaves
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Cabbage - 180-220 g
- Chicken fillet - 480-550 g
- The chicken should be cut into small slices and lightly fried in a frying pan with hot oil, while periodically stirring so as not to burn.
- At this time, finely chop the cabbage, chop the carrots on a coarse grater and mix the vegetables. Lightly season with salt, mix, add ground pepper and mix again.
- We take onion and cut it into thin half-rings, then add to the cabbage with carrots.
- Through the press skip garlic, mix with mayonnaise.
- We cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- We lay out a sheet of pita on the table and the middle is smeared with garlic-mayonnaise sauce.
- On a leaf of pita is placed fried and slightly cooled chicken, carrots with cabbage and onions.
- Cucumbers are cut by rings and laid out as a next layer, then tomato slices go.
- Then we turn shawarma and heat it in the microwave or on the grill.
Choosing the perfect sauce for shawarma
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc.
- Salt - to taste
- Garlic - 2-4 cloves
- Sour cream - 210-230 g
- Carefully wash and dry the cucumber, then grind it on a medium grater.
- Mix sour cream with a cucumber in a deep bowl, add pepper and salt, chopped garlic under a press - mix everything well.
- Whip the sauce with a whisk or a simple fork.
- If you wish, you can add a little fresh greens.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Green cilantro (optional) - to taste
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. l
- Fresh dill - to taste
- Tomatoes - ½ pcs.
- Ground coriander - 1 tsp.
- Olive oil - 1.75-2 tbsp. l
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt - to taste
- First you need to thoroughly wash all the vegetables and dry.
- Next, finely chop the vegetables, mix with tomato paste.
- We enter lemon juice, olive oil in mix - carefully we mix all components.
- We shift the mixture into the bowl of the blender and grind until a mass of homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- At the end, add herbs and spices to the sauce.
- Coriander to taste
- Sour cream - 3.5-4 tbsp. l
- Favorite dried herbs - to taste
- Mayonnaise - 3.5-4 st. l
- Curry to taste
- Garlic - 5-6 teeth
- Kefir - 3.5-4 tbsp. l
- Take garlic, peel and chop on a fine grater (you can skip through the press).
- Mix garlic with spices, dry herbs and mayonnaise.
- We enter in mix sour cream and kefir.
- All components are thoroughly kneaded and whipped with a blender.
- Leave the sauce for about 30-40 minutes so that it can brew well.
How to wrap shawarma right?
So that your guests and you can enjoy the incredible taste of the most delicate shawarma cooked with your own hands, you need to learn how to wrap it correctly. After all, very few people will like to eat this delicious Oriental dish, if the filling will constantly fall out.
So, to wrap shawarma, you need to adhere to the following instructions:
- After the filling is laid out on the lavash sheet, you need to tuck the bottom edge and the entire filling will be inside.
- Now we bend the sides to the central part.
- Lavash is rolled up with a straw - the filling should be tightly clamped between the layers of pita.
Due to the wide variety of recipes, you can use different fillings and pamper your family with the amazing taste of this oriental dish every day. And the simplicity and speed of cooking makes shawarma an ideal option for treating unexpected guests.