Seaweed is a valuable gift rich in iodine that comes to us from the depths of the sea. But, unfortunately, on our table, these are still rare guests. But the kelp goes well with almost any food (meat, fish, mushrooms, vegetables, cheese and eggs), giving them an amazing, savory taste.
Salad with seaweed is sure to please you if you adopt a recipe with an egg. A simple snack contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and trace elements, so necessary for our body. No wonder nutritionists strongly recommend eating kelp all year round.
How to choose and properly cook the kelp for salad?
Cabbage today can be bought at any store in various forms. But, if you want to cook it the way you personally like, buy dried or frozen seaweed or pickled kelp in plastic packaging without additional ingredients and spices. Keep in mind that the most natural flavor is preserved only in frozen or dried cabbage.
For use in salad, boil dry seaweed in boiling salted water for 2 minutes (it is advisable to add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 liter: it removes mucus well), season with your favorite herbs, spices, garlic or just salt. By the way, in this form they can already be served as a snack.
The simplest recipe for salad with seaweed and egg
Laminaria itself has a pronounced taste, which is not everyone likes. But, if you add a boiled egg to the dish, it will be more tender and not so rich.
- 100 g dry seaweed or 200 g pickled;
- 2 eggs;
- olive oil.
- If you use a dry main ingredient, prepare it as follows - pour boiling water over it and let it swell. Then rinse thoroughly with stones and sand. Fill the cabbage with 1 liter of water, bring to a boil, add 3 tsp to the water. coarse salt, 7 tsp. sugar, 7 tsp. apple cider vinegar (based on 1 liter of water) and boil no more than 5 minutes.
- Next, cut the eggs, mix with cabbage. If you used dry kelp, season the salad richly with olive oil. If canned, it is enough to add 1 tsp to the dish. for more flavor.
Kelp salad with beans
Instead of mayonnaise, this dish is best seasoned with a little spicy garlic sauce. It makes the taste of algae softer and more tender.
- 250 grams of cabbage;
- 1 can of beans;
- 3 boiled eggs;
- 1 pickled cucumber;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- Cut all ingredients in any way you like and mix.
- In mayonnaise crush garlic with a press, mix and season the prepared dish.
Beans in the salad can be used any: red, white, frozen, etc. The dish turns out very nourishing and can well replace a full-fledged dinner.
Korean sea kale with egg
Wonderful salad, which can be cooked up in a hurry, if guests unexpectedly came to you. He perfectly cope with the role of savory snacks on the holiday table. Spicy carrots make the specific taste of kelp invisible.
- 250 g carrots in Korean;
- 2 pickled cucumbers;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil (it is desirable to take the product first, cold, spin).
- Finely chop the eggs and onions, cut the cucumbers into medium cubes.
- Mix all ingredients and season with oil.
If you prefer really spicy dishes, add a little red or black pepper to the oil, mix everything thoroughly and add to the dish.
If your body is sorely lacking iodine, prepare a salad - light, but very nutritious - from seafood. It harmoniously blends all the ingredients.
- 200 g squid;
- 300 grams of cabbage;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 carrots (raw);
- 1 onion.
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil (can be replaced by vegetable oil without the smell of good cleaning);
- 1 tbsp. l rice vinegar (can be replaced with apple or wine vinegar);
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- a bunch of fresh herbs (parsley, dill).
- Boil the cleaned squids and cut into small pieces.
- Eggs and carrots rub on a grater with large holes.
- Chop the onions with the smallest pieces you can.
- Beat all ingredients for a sauce with a fork. When it is smooth, add finely chopped greens, let the sauce stand for 5 minutes and season the salad.
This dish is very important in the spring, when the body is experiencing an acute shortage of vitamins after a long winter, and the first greens, juicy radishes, taut green onion feathers and other signs of the warm season begin to appear on the stores.
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 carrot;
- 4 things. radish;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- spring onions;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- salt pepper.
- Radish, cut into very thin, translucent slices.
- Grate carrots for Korean carrots, finely chop the egg.
- Squeeze garlic into the oil, add salt, pepper (if you wish, you can squeeze the juice of half a lemon) and season the chopped ingredients.
- This vitamin salad cocktail is ready.
Seaweed Salad with Crab Stick and Egg
This dish is perfect for everyday table, but with the appropriate design can compete with their "brothers" and on the holiday.
- 150 g ordinary pickled cabbage;
- 200 g of crab sticks;
- 1 can of corn;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 small onion.
- Eggs, crab sticks, cabbage, finely chop. Chop onions especially finely.
- Add to them the corn, mix, salt, season with mayonnaise or light mayonnaise sauce and serve.
There are a lot of recipes for cooking seaweed salad. You can create your own combination of products and surprise everyone with a non-standard snack. And if you do not want to mess around even with simple salads, remember that the healthy kelp itself is wonderfully suited to meat and fish dishes as an additional side dish.