Shortbread pastry is so crumbly and tender that it just melts in your mouth. However, to achieve this result, the dough must be kneaded correctly. If you take into account some culinary subtleties in the cooking process, then you get the perfect shortbread dough without eggs. Let's try?
What you need to know about the sand dough?
From crumbly shortcrust pastry baked pies, cakes, cookies, including the well-known "Kurabie". And in order for pastries not to be hard and tough, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- The temperature of the ingredients used to knead the dough should be approximately the same. So, butter (margarine) should not be frozen, but it should be solid, and the liquid base - cold.
- The temperature threshold of the room where the dough will be kneaded is important. It is desirable that it was cool.
- The secret of crumbly dough is to use a large amount of butter or margarine.
- Flour must be sieved to saturate the dough with oxygen. Then the flour is ground with margarine or butter to the state of bread crumbs.
- It is important to strictly observe the proportions of the ingredients. So, flour should be two times less than margarine or butter.
- Kneading shortbread dough is recommended only with your hands, but not for very long, so that the butter does not melt.
- Sugar is better to grind into powder, then the dough will turn out very crumbly.
- Shortcake dough for pies and other pastries are usually kneaded without eggs, as they make it harder. However, if necessary, for example, if you are kneading a large portion of the pie dough, you can add egg yolk.
- The finished dough must be placed in the refrigerator for at least half an hour so that it "rested."
- Sand dough is rolled out, starting from the center and slowly moving to the edges, sprinkling it with a small amount of flour.
Well, the theory has been studied, we will try to learn several recipes in practice.
Delicious pastries in minutes
Such shortbread dough without eggs for cookies can be kneaded in a few minutes, but the main thing is to let it stand in the cold for at least half an hour. By the way, it turns out very tasty pies and cakes.
- 2.5-3 Art. sifted flour;
- 200 g butter;
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar;
- 4 tbsp. l sour cream;
- ¼ tsp salt.
- If the butter is frozen, then leave it for a while so that it softens slightly, but does not melt. Then the butter should be kneaded properly with a fork.
- Now add the icing sugar to the butter and rub the ingredients with our hands. If you do not have powder, but sugar, then rub it until its granules become much smaller, otherwise they will be felt in the finished baking.
- In the sugar-oil mass enter salt and 2.5 tbsp. sifted flour and grind everything until we get the consistency of small crumbs.
- Enter the sour cream into the dough and knead it. If necessary, add some more flour.
- We should have an elastic and soft dough. We form a ball out of it, wrap it in film and put it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
Curd-sand base for pies and biscuits
Very tasty is baking on curd-dough. And if you supplement it with berries or fruits, then you will create a real masterpiece of cooking.-
- 200 g of cottage cheese;
- 50 grams of sugar or powder;
- 125 g butter;
- 1 tsp. baking powder for dough;
- ¼ tsp salts;
- 200-250 g of sifted flour.
- In a bowl with high sides combine cottage cheese and butter, mix the ingredients with a fork.
- Now we introduce granulated sugar and salt into the cream mixture. If you want the baking to be sweeter, add more sugar.
- We bring the resulting mass to homogeneity, and then gently through a sieve sift the baking powder for the dough. By the way, if there is no baking powder at hand, it can be replaced with soda, but only previously extinguish it with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Now, in the same way as the baking powder, we introduce flour into the dough through a sieve. It needs to be added in small portions, without ceasing to mix the dough.
- Put our dough on a flushed work surface and knead it with your hands until elasticity. The finished dough is rolled into a ball, wrapped with food film and placed in the freezer for 15 minutes, and then you can start baking.
Cooking with Yulia Vysotskaya
In one of her programs, Julia Vysotskaya shared a recipe for cottage cheese pie and plums on shortbread dough. From this dough you can bake not only pies, but cookies, as well as delicious cakes. This recipe involves adding chicken yolk so that the dough is well sealed.
- 0.5 tbsp. ground walnuts;
- 250 g of sifted flour;
- ¼ tsp salts;
- 130 g butter;
- 1 chicken yolk;
- 2-3 art. l filtered cold water.
- Grind the nuts in a blender and mix with flour and salt.
- Finely chop butter and mix with flour and nuts. We grind all the components to the consistency of small crumbs.
- We drive in the yolk and mix everything with a mixer, gradually introducing cold water.
- When the resulting mass becomes homogeneous and looks like dough, continue to knead it with your hands. Here is the dough we should get.
Sand dough is easy to knead even a novice cook. Learn new recipes and cook with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!