Salty fish love not only pregnant. Salty fish is very well suited for any holiday table and everyday dinner with the whole family.
Many women prefer to buy salted fish in the store, but home-cooked fish is appreciated more. It is tastier and healthier. Salt at home can be almost any fish: herring, chum salmon, pink salmon, etc. How tasty and without much effort pickle mackerel at home?
Recipe for salting mackerel at home
- fresh mackerel - 2 pcs
- onions - 2 pcs
- salt - 3 tbsp. l
- vinegar - 60 ml
- 2-3 bay leaves
- allspice - 5 peas
- vegetable oil - 0.5 tbsp.
- dried cloves - to taste
- ground black pepper - to taste
- We remove from a fresh mackerel a thin skin. For this, it is easy to make an incision with a knife along the ridge.
- Then you need to get rid of the bones.
- The resulting fish fillets cut into arbitrary slices.
- Onions wash, peel and cut into small rings.
- Now prepare the marinade. To do this, mix vegetable oil and vinegar in a suitable container, add peas, bay leaf and 2 buds of cloves. All mix well.
- Cooked slices of fish fillet salt, mix, put into a container and leave to lie for about 15 minutes.
- Add onion rings, pepper and pour the marinade.
- Put the pickled fish in a jar and cover with a lid. Shake the contents of the jar.
- Put a jar of mackerel in a room in a dark place and leave for 12 hours. You can leave for a longer period (up to 3 days). But then it is better to put the jar in place cooler, for example, in the refrigerator.
- If you salt the fish at room temperature, then it is advisable to cool it before serving - put the jar in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- If you like to eat not only tasty, but also beautiful, then you can add coloring substances to the marinade for salting mackerel: onion peel, for example.
Mackerel, salted at home with this recipe, is moderately salty and unusually tender and tasty. Serve it as a ready-made snack for potato dishes or make sandwiches. Experiment, look for new flavor combinations and remember: this fish is suitable for many dishes!