Salmon in foil in the oven - a tasty and fragrant dish that will decorate the festive table. This method of cooking allows you to keep all the juice inside the fish and prevents it from drying out. In addition, the dish is not just juicy, but very fragrant.
Tips and tips from the chefs
Properly cooked salmon in the oven is simply the bliss of taste. Fragrant meat retains all the juice in itself due to the fact that the pieces of fish are wrapped in foil. Having once tasted this culinary miracle, you will be forever captivated by its amazing taste.
How to cook salmon in foil in the oven? Experienced chefs share their secrets:
- It is important not just to wrap the fish fillet with foil, but to pre-spice the meat with marinade, spices, spices and butter. Such herbs and spices as basil, thyme, oregano, dill and bay leaf are good for salmon. And as a dressing, try white wine or lemon juice.
- If you have purchased frozen salmon fillet, thaw the fish in the milk - so it will taste like fresh.
- How much time you need to bake salmon in foil in the oven will depend on the thickness of the piece. For medium-sized steaks, 20 minutes is enough, and slightly larger pieces of fish will need from 25 to 30 minutes.
- Before you put the pan in the oven, it must be heated to a certain temperature. The fish will bake well if the heat in the oven is uniform.
- When buying fish, pay attention to its color and smell. Fresh fish is firm, it smells good, and its meat is rich pink in color.
- For baking in foil, the most suitable pieces are from the middle part of the body of the fish. In the tail there are a lot of small bones, which can give a lot of problems to the hostess.
Salmon in foil can be cooked in the oven with potatoes, fresh vegetables or baked in a separate piece. In any case, the dish will turn out to be quite tasty and unconventional, which is an undoubted advantage for the festive table. Try to cook the most delicious fish according to our recipes.
Aromatic Salmon with Summer Vegetables in Foil
- 100-200 g salmon fillet without skin;
- 2 small zucchini;
- 1 onion;
- garlic clove;
- 2 ½ tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 ½ tbsp. l lemon juice;
- 2 large tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh thyme;
- ¾ tsp dried oregano;
- ½ tsp marjoram
- Start with preparatory activities. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and cut aluminum foil into pieces about 45 centimeters long.
- Rinse the courgettes thoroughly, peel the onions. Then cut the vegetables into not too thick rings.
- Sprinkle the vegetable mixture with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add to it a finely chopped clove of garlic, mix all the ingredients.
- Divide the vegetables between four sheets of foil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a piece of salmon, seasoned with spices and olive oil, on a pillow of vegetables. Each serving pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Rinse the fresh tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. Stir the vegetables with a small amount of onion, salt, thyme, pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Divide the tomato mixture equally into 4 parts and place the vegetables on top of the fish fillet.
- Carefully wrap the foil on each side so that when baking it does not leak moisture.
- Bake the salmon with vegetables in foil in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
- Before serving, open the foil bags and decorate the dish with fresh greens.
Fish steak in the oven with English sauce
- 4 pieces of fish weighing about 180 g each;
- a few stems of parsley;
- 4 small bay leaves;
- 4 slices of lemon;
- 6 tsp. white dry wine.
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp. l finely chopped parsley;
- 425 ml of milk;
- 1 bay leaf;
- Small onions;
- a pinch of nutmeg;
- 40 g butter;
- 20 g of flour;
- 1 tbsp. l cream;
- 1 tsp. lemon juice;
- black pepper.
- First, take a sheet of foil large enough to completely wrap the steaks, and place it on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Then wipe the pieces of salmon with kitchen paper, season with spices to taste and put in the form at some distance from each other.
- Then cut the lemon into thin slices and chop the parsley finely. Put a lemon slice on top of each steak and garnish with a pinch of parsley on top.
- At the very end, pour each piece of fish with dry white wine at the rate of 1 and ½ teaspoon per 1 slice.
- After that, wrap the edges of the foil so that during baking all the juice remains inside the bag, and remove the mold in the oven preheated to 180 degrees as high as possible.
- While the steak is baked, proceed to the preparation of the sauce. Pour the milk into a small saucepan and add all the ingredients to it, except butter, flour and parsley.
- Bring milk to a boiling point over low heat. Then switch the stove to medium heat and add a piece of butter.
- As soon as the butter has completely melted, we add flour to the sauce in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- We continue to continuously beat the sauce with a kitchen whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat on the stove to the minimum value and boil the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- After 20 minutes, we take the fish out of the oven and open the foil.
- Season with salmon steak, baked in the oven in foil, cream sauce and decorate with parsley.
Having bought a good and fresh piece of salmon, you will no longer think about what to cook from it. Now you know the recipes for delicious dishes.