Mozzarella snacks are a tribute to an exclusively Italian culinary tradition. The aroma and delicate texture of the dairy product provide an unsurpassed taste of a wide variety of gastronomic delights. Therefore, salad with mozzarella and tomatoes is considered the most common basis for other cheese snacks.
The origin of the salad
Add mozzarella to salads began to residents of the southern regions of Italy. It was there that the production of soft young cheese from the milk of black buffaloes was put on stream. Over time, mozzarella began to be sold in the rest of the country - the popularity of this ingredient covered all of Italy, and then the whole of Europe. Along with this, cheese was produced from cow's milk. At the same time, Italian chefs enjoyed experimenting with a set of ingredients for mozzarella salads. And for many centuries, a real salad with southern cheese is unthinkable without tomatoes.
The nutritional value of the dish
Interestingly, the Italians are very jealous of the recipe for mozzarella. Therefore, large cheese suppliers keep the brine creation technology in the strictest secret, in which the dairy product is soaked and sold. By the way, without this fill, soft cheese lasts only 24 hours. Therefore, in domestic stores, we are accustomed to seeing the product packed in brine sachets. At the same time, mozzarella is a cheese rich in proteins and vitamins, in the amount of which it surpasses most other varieties.
The combination with tomatoes allows you to enhance the nutritional value of the dish, so the salad with mozzarella and tomatoes is especially useful for:
- low acidity of the stomach;
- protein diet.
The taste of the salad does not leave indifferent even the gourmets: a little unpleasant taste of cheese and juicy tomatoes allow you to combine these products with the most unusual spices and spices, as well as supplement with vegetables, meat and seafood.
Italian salad with mozzarella and tomatoes
The classic version of the salad with mozzarella and tomatoes should definitely include basil. Only in this case, the tomatoes will reveal all the nuances of their inherent rich taste, and mozzarella will set off the aftertaste with its airy consistency.
- 300 g of mozzarella in brine;
- 3 ripe tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil; sea salt, pepper (to your taste);
- young basil.
- Squeeze cheese a little and form small squares. PHOTO
- Cut the tomatoes into fairly large cubes (they can be blanched beforehand). PHOTO
- In a deep bowl pour the cheese and sprinkle it with vinegar. Give 5 minutes brew.
- Mix mozzarella with tomatoes, salt and pepper, fill with butter. PHOTO
- Finely chop the basil leaves and add to the salad. Stir well. Classic Italian snack is ready.
Many Italians add sea shrimps (200 g) and fresh lime (1 tbsp. L.) To this salad.
Of course, it is impossible to imagine a cheese aperitif without olives. Please note that all components are laid out in it in several layers.
- 200 g fresh mozzarella;
- 2 large tomatoes;
- 80 g olives;
- 3 tbsp. l oil for refilling (olive oil is best);
- 1 tbsp. l lemon fresh;
- Tomatoes and cheese cut into cubes.
- In a salad bowl lay out servings of tomatoes, mozzarella, olives.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, fresh juice and salt.
- We fill salad and we please guests and ourselves with a light dish.
Delicious appetizer with cheese and cherry tomatoes
If you like the taste of small cherry tomatoes, you can also use them for a snack with mozzarella. And to give the divine flavor in the dish is added arugula.
- 300 g fresh mozzarella;
- 15 cherry tomatoes;
- 150 g of arugula;
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar (balsamic);
- 4 tbsp. l oil (olive).
- Cut the tomatoes into halves.
- Mozzarella lightly squeeze and shape cubes.
- Arugula tear hands.
- In a bowl, combine the products.
- Pour vinegar and olive oil, mix and let stand for about 10-15 minutes to let the salad soak.
You can add savor to taste with the help of salted wheat crackers.
In addition, anyone who loves a combination of sweet and sour foods in salads, we recommend adding pieces of peach or sweet apple. Just keep in mind that the apple will need to be poured with lemon juice so that it does not darken (1 tablespoon. Fresh for 1 fruit).
Familiar salad with cucumbers
Another option for a gourmet salad is prepared with the original dressing.
- 250 g fresh mozzarella;
- 1 large tomato;
- 1 long cucumber;
- 1 red onion;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- fresh ½ lemon;
- 1 tbsp. l liquid flower honey;
- a few sprigs of young parsley;
- salt, pepper (to taste).
- Onions cut into thin half-rings, pour hot water for 10 minutes to leave bitterness.
- Finely chop the greens.
- Mozzarella, tomato and cucumber cut into small squares.
- In a bowl we combine cheese, half rings of onion and parsley.
- For the sauce, pour honey, olive oil and lemon fresh juice into a separate bowl. Salt and pepper.
- Pour the aperitif mixture. Give 10 minutes to brew and enjoy great taste.
Spicy snack with dried tomatoes
If you like when the ingredients in the salad are not mixed into a homogeneous mass, then make a cheese snack with dried tomatoes.
- 50 g fresh mozzarella;
- 4 dried tomatoes;
- 15 green olives;
- 1 red onion;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- basil leaves;
- 1 tsp. vinegar (table or balsamic);
- several lettuce leaves;
- salt, pepper (to taste).
- Mozzarella placed on cheesecloth and give to drain.
- We make cubes from cheese, cut onions into not very thin half rings.
- Tomatoes cut into strips.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Finely chop basil.
- Put tomatoes, mozzarella and olives on a leaf of lettuce.
- Cooking refueling. Combine oil, vinegar and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill the mixture with salad. The dish is ready.
Salad with mozzarella and tomatoes has one significant advantage: it can be prepared both with the ingredients listed in the title, and with the addition of other products. The taste of this will only benefit. So do not be afraid to experiment - and a salad with soft cheese will definitely take its rightful place among your gastronomic tastes.