Seafood, especially crab meat, to this day is considered a delicacy. For the first time a crab salad was cooked in America. At the beginning of the 20th century, this dish was called Louis Salad. Our housewives improved the recipe and began to prepare a salad with crab sticks and corn. How to cook it delicious, you will learn in our article.
Cooking a delicious salad with crab sticks and corn: cooking tips
This salad is widely spread among our hostesses due to the availability of ingredients and ease of cooking. For the first time such a salad was started in Soviet times, but the main ingredient then was crab meat. To date, there are many variations in the preparation of this snack.
Tips from experienced culinary specialists will help us to make a real masterpiece of ordinary salad:
- for the preparation of salad should choose only chilled crab sticks;
- products must be fresh;
- Crab sticks should include minced fish and surimi;
- in the classic version, such a salad is made from crab sticks, canned sweetcorn and fresh cucumbers;
- You can diversify the dish and add boiled rice, potatoes, Chinese cabbage, fresh tomatoes, canned peas, hard cheese, greens to the salad;
- table mayonnaise should be used as a dressing;
- the salad must be served chilled;
- crab salad can be laid out in layers or mix all the ingredients;
- this salad can be stuffed with fresh tomatoes, peppers, tartlets or pita bread;
- To make the salad nutritious and nourishing, use a combination of foods such as rice, corn, crab sticks.
Salad "Spring" with cucumber
If you want to cook a light, but at the same time delicious snack, add fresh cucumbers to the crab salad. Canned dessert corn must first be thrown into a colander to get rid of excess fluid. The texture of the salad depends on the number of eggs: the more of them, the softer and more homogeneous the snack.
- chilled crab sticks - 100 g;
- canned sweetcorn - 100 g;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 2 boiled chicken eggs;
- fresh greens;
- salt and pepper mixture;
- 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise with any percentage of fat.
- First you need to prepare all the products. Chicken eggs need to be boiled hard and clean.
- Cucumber should be washed, if desired, it can be peeled. Then the cucumber should be cut into even blocks.
- Chilled crab sticks should be cut into small cubes.
- Boiled eggs should also be cut into cubes. If desired, eggs can be passed through the mesh or grate.
- In a deep glass bowl should put all the chopped ingredients, chopped herbs, add salt and a mixture of peppers.
- Salad should be filled with table mayonnaise and mix well.
If corn, crab sticks, eggs are added to the salad, then the cucumber can be replaced with fresh tomatoes. Some housewives generally exclude vegetable base and add boiled rice to the salad. Regardless of what components you will combine, refueling must necessarily be mayonnaise.
Beijing cabbage, corn, crab sticks - the perfect snack
If you adhere to a dietary ration, then for a variety of the daily menu you can prepare a salad from Beijing cabbage with the addition of dessert corn and crab sticks. In this salad, you can use sour cream or cheese dressing. To give a piquant snack, some housewives add garlic, including dried garlic.
- Chinese cabbage - 250 g;
- chilled crab sticks - 150 g;
- canned sweetcorn - 150 g;
- 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise or cheese sauce;
- fresh dill;
- salt and seasonings.
- Chilled crab sticks should be cut into identical rings.
- Peking cabbage should be finely chopped.
- With canned corn, drain the juice and drain it in a colander.
- Dill should be chopped.
- All prepared components should be put in a glass bowl and mix.
- Salad should be seasoned with salt, spices and mayonnaise.
- Chilled snacks can be served with any side dish or meat dish.
Pineapple Gourmet Salad
Want to try an exotic dish? Try making traditional crab salad with pineapple. For such a snack, you can use fresh fruit or canned. The taste of the salad will be sweetish. Mayonnaise should be used as a dressing. This salad will be a great decoration of the holiday table, if you lay it out in layers and give it a certain shape.
- 0.4 kg of chilled crab sticks;
- 5 boiled chicken eggs;
- 250-300 g of canned dessert corn;
- mayonnaise of any fat content;
- pineapples (fresh or canned) - 200 g;
- hard cheese - 150 g
- Using a figured knife, from crab sticks should be cut circles, which will be needed to decorate the dish.
- The remaining crab sticks need to be cut into small cubes or strips.
- Chopped crab sticks should be laid out in a small bowl and season with 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
- Boiled chicken eggs must be peeled and cut into small cubes. For grinding eggs, you can use a special mesh.
- Sliced eggs should be put in a bowl and mixed with 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
- Canned pineapples should be cut into equivalent cubes, and then put into a separate dish and fill with 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
- Canned sweetcorn should be poured into a colander to drain excess liquid.
- Corn need to spice 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
- Durum cheese must be grated and also filled with 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
- Using a special form or an empty tin can, the salad should be laid out in layers in the following order: egg, pineapple, crab sticks, cheese, dessert corn. The last layer should also be laid out of eggs.
- Carefully turn the jar on a plate. Top salad to decorate cut out of crab sticks circles and greens.
Juicy Crab Salad with Apple
Unusual taste and very juicy it turns out crab salad with apples. For such a snack fit any varieties of apples. To make the salad have a delicate texture, apples are best crushed to a puree consistency or cut into small cubes. They should be pre-peeled.
- marinated mushrooms - 400 g;
- cooled crab sticks - 350 g;
- canned sweet corn - 250 g;
- 4 boiled chicken eggs;
- fresh greens;
- common salt and a mixture of peppers;
- mayonnaise of any fat content for dressing - to taste;
- 3-4 apples.
- Chilled crab sticks should be cut into equivalent cubes or straws.
- Apples need to peel and grate on a coarse grater. If desired, they can be crushed to the consistency of mashed potatoes, but in this case, the salad will turn out too juicy.
- Cooked eggs should be peeled and chopped.
- With canned dessert corn you need to drain the juice.
- Any greens (onions, dill, parsley) should be washed, dried and chopped.
- Pickled mushrooms should be poured into a colander to make the glass excess liquid, and then chopped.
- All components should be put in a large salad bowl, season with salt, a mixture of peppers and mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Before serving, a snack is better to cool a little.
As you can see, there are many recipes for salad of crab sticks. You can try adding new ingredients, for example, fresh tomatoes. Wanted sophistication and piquancy? Prepare crab salad with pineapple or Chinese cabbage. The amount of mayonnaise for dressing, count based on your own taste preferences. Enjoy your meal!