Crab sticks are a popular ingredient in many salads. It is understandable, because they are combined with many products, have a pronounced taste, and even affordable, convenient to store and always at hand. Perhaps, any hostess will have a pack in the freezer in reserve, and there is a way to find something to do with it quickly and easily.
There is a mass of recipes: a salad with crab sticks and tomatoes (which set off their taste), cucumbers, rice and corn, with exotic fruits ... We suggest you to prepare variations on the theme of the combination of chopsticks with tomatoes.
Traditional salad with crab sticks and tomatoes
- crab sticks - 200 g;
- rice - ½ st .;
- cherry tomatoes - 150 g;
- Hard boiled eggs - 3 pcs;
- canned corn - 150-200 g;
- fresh cucumber - 1 pc .;
- red onion - 1 pc .;
- fresh dill - 30-50 g;
- mayonnaise, salt.
- Cook rice (to do this, rinse it, pour water in a ratio of 1: 2, salt it when boiling and leave on high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then reduce the heat and cover with a lid; hold until the water boils completely and rice will not become soft).
- Crab sticks cut into small pieces, pour into a container.
- Peel the onion, chop it in a blender or by hand, send it to the same bowl.
- Add the corn there.
- Wash the cucumber and cut it into small cubes (the skin can not be removed).
- Stir the ingredients.
- Peel the eggs and chop.
- Pre-washed cherry tomatoes cut in half (3-5 whole pieces leave for decoration).
- Connect all.
- Put in a container of rice, chopped dill, 2-3 tbsp. l mayonnaise (or as much as you used to) and mix thoroughly.
- Place the salad in a beautiful dish, garnish with tomatoes and greens.
Diversify the taste of salad cheese notes
Today, guests are no longer surprised by a salad with crab sticks: we are so used to it that we almost never put it on the holiday table, but cook it on a weekday. But this fish product is combined not only with rice, egg and corn, as is usually done, but also with other ingredients. Try making a new salad with crab sticks, tomatoes and garlic with the addition of grated cheese. You will certainly appreciate the peculiar combination of flavors and juiciness of this dish.
Keep in mind that you need to choose fleshy tomatoes. It is easy to find them in the summer, but in the winter, instead of purchasing tasteless watery tomatoes, it is better to buy a sort of cherry.
- crab sticks or crab meat - 200 g;
- hard cheese (for example, Dutch or Russian) - 200 g;
- tomatoes - 2-3 pieces medium size (or 150-200 g of cherry tomatoes);
- garlic - 3-5 cloves;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 5-6 tbsp. l .;
- salt, black pepper or other spices to your taste;
- Greenery for decoration (optional).
- Cut the crab sticks into small-sized cubes, put in a bowl.
- On a large grater rub the cheese and send it to the "crabs".
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces (it will be enough to cut the cherry in half or in quarters) and add to the bowl, taking care not to grab the juice of the tomatoes.
- Peel and squeeze garlic through a press and mix it with mayonnaise or sour cream. If you use sour cream, the salad will need to be slightly salted. Season the salad with this sauce.
- Stir and add ground pepper or other spices.
- Put the salad in a glass bowl. You can decorate it with a sprig of dill or cilantro.
To cook this dish, you do not need to pre-boil anything, so you can make a salad very quickly. But, despite the fact that he is preparing in haste, his taste does not suffer from this.
Curious Shrimp Salad
To the usual ingredients of crab salad (crab sticks, tomatoes, eggs, cheese), you can add others - you get a completely new recipe. Try making this option. It will surprise you with the richness of flavors with relative ease of preparation.
- canned pineapples (slices) - 1 b. (small);
- sweet Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
- boiled shrimp peeled (cocktail shrimps from a jar will do) - 200 g;
- crab sticks - 200 g;
- boiled eggs - 2 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 200 g;
- cherry tomatoes - 150-200 g;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- mayonnaise - 3-5 st. l .;
- dill or mint leaf, basil, etc. for decoration.
- Cut diced crab sticks, eggs.
- Wash the vegetables. Peel the Bulgarian pepper from seeds and stalks and grind into cubes too. Put everything in a bowl.
- Put there shrimp (if they are quite large, you can cut).
- Open a can of pineapples, pour out the juice and add them to the rest of the products (you may need less than a whole can).
- On a large grater rub the cheese, put in a bowl.
- Squeeze the garlic in there and season the salad with mayonnaise.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters (very small - in halves) and add to the salad. Mix everything and put in a beautiful dish.
- Garnish the salad on top with a few large shrimps, pineapple slices and green sprigs.
Appetizer with seafood, bacon and avocado
- crab sticks - 200 g;
- avocado - 1 pc .;
- iceberg lettuce - 1 pc. small size;
- bacon - 150 g;
- boiled eggs - 4 pcs .;
- yogurt without additives - 150 ml;
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. l .;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, spices to taste.
- Cut the bacon strips across to make squares, and fry them in a pan without adding butter until golden brown.
- Wash the avocados, remove the peel and bone. Cut the pulp into cubes. Put in a bowl, add bacon.
- Crab sticks and boiled eggs, also cut into large cubes and send to the salad bowl.
- Chop the iceberg lettuce, putting 3 sheets aside (they will be used as a substrate on the plate), and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, a little salt and spices.
- Dress the salad with them and mix.
- Spread the iceberg leaves on a wide dish and place the salad on top. Decorate as desired.
Salad with crab sticks like, really, almost everything. Therefore, you can safely serve it to guests and be sure that it will not remain untouched. And if you are already tired of the traditional version, you can always try new recipes.