What to cook from cookies?
Sooner or later, any hostess is faced with such a question - the usual tea with cookies seems too simple. Many recipes come to the rescue. Beginning from sweet sausages everyone’s beloved from childhood and ending with cakes. Let's start with sweet options. Cookies will help to prepare unusual desserts. To do this, it is enough to crumble it into small cubes and put it in ice-cream bowls, alternating layers with cream, whipped cream or even simple sweetened sour cream.
Similarly, you can do with ice cream. To do this, you need to take a beautiful mold and shift it in layers: cookies, ice cream. A great addition will be nuts and grated chocolate. Also here come the usual jam or syrup.
A quite popular dish is biscuit salad. It can be cooked even without respecting the proportions. To do this, simply lay the products that are on hand in layers, and smear each layer with mayonnaise. The first traditionally spread cookies.
For dishes from it you need a certain serving. If you are preparing a salad in layers. It is better to use transparent salad bowls or ice-cream bowls. So guests will appreciate not only the taste of the dish, but also its appearance. You can serve it in one salad bowl or in an individual salad bowl - for each guest separately.
Salted biscuits: a recipe
- Butter - 100 gr.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 320 gr.
- Baking powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Cheese - 100 gr.
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp. l
- Mix soft butter with the egg (the egg should be at room temperature). Add sour cream and salt to them. Sift flour and mix with baking powder, grate cheese on a medium grater. Add cheese to butter-egg mixture, knead thoroughly. Start pouring flour with baking powder. Stir the dough until smooth. It should be smooth. Form a bun. Put the dough in a bag and send to the freezer for 60 minutes. Take out the cooled dough and let it sit for a while - it should become plastic. You should not defrost it to the end. The dough just has to be amenable to modeling. Roll sausage with a diameter of 4-5 cm. For convenience, you can divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Cut the sausage into small circles. Their thickness should be about 1 cm. The oven should be heated to 180 degrees. Grease a baking sheet and put dough on it. Send cookies to the oven for 20 minutes. In order to make the savory biscuits more savory, you can add different sesame seeds, crushed salted peanuts, and poppy seeds to the ingredients of the recipe. It is enough just to roll the sides of the cookies before baking in any of these toppings. You can also sprinkle circles of dough on top.
Cottage cheese biscuits
- Cottage cheese - 250 gr.
- Flour - 200 gr.
- Butter - 200 gr.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Salt - to taste
- Curd pass through a sieve (if it is granular). Egg divided into yolk and white. Yolk should be added to the curd. Stir the mixture and salt. Sift flour. Chop the cooled butter with a knife into small cubes. Shift it with sifted flour. Add cottage cheese mixed with yolk to the mixture. Knead the dough with hands until smooth. It should be plastic and smooth. Next, form crescents: divide the ball of dough into 4 parts.
- From each to form a sausage with a diameter of 4 cm. Cut the sausages into 8 pieces (you should have 8 circles with a thickness of 2-3 cm or more) To form a crescent from each circle - roll the circle with a sausage and slightly bend it (you should get something like a horseshoe).
- Turn on the oven - heat it up to 180 degrees. While she warmed up, beat the protein. Put the cookies on a greased baking sheet and smear with protein on top. Send salted biscuits to the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- There are a couple of secrets to making this salty cookie. Despite the fact that we do not add baking powder, baking increases in volume. Therefore, the dough blanks must be located away from each other. Just as in the previous recipe, this salty curd biscuits go well with sesame and other sprinkles. They should be used as follows: just sprinkle our crescents on top, after smearing them with whipped protein.
Cookie Salad: Recipe
- Smoked chicken breast - 1 pc.
- 3-4 pieces salted biscuits.
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Cheese - 150 gr.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Apple sour (green) - 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise and spices - to taste
- Eggs pre-boil, cool and peel off the shell. To cut in cubes. Onion peel and shred. Chicken breast cut into small cubes, cheese and peeled apple rub on a grater.
- Next, take a transparent salad bowl or portion salad bowls and start laying out the ingredients in layers. First lay out the chicken meat. We grease it with mayonnaise. Put the onion on the chicken. Just like the previous layer, all subsequent grease mayonnaise. Sprinkle the onions with grated cheese, cover with mayonnaise. Next layer lay out a grated apple. Lubricate the layer with mayonnaise. Then lay eggs on it. Also grease with mayonnaise.
- Salty biscuits finely crumbled (the desired consistency can be achieved by grinding it with a blender). Sprinkle with salad crumbs on top. We put in the fridge for a few hours - so the layers are better soaked.
- Of course, salty biscuits or crackers are more suitable for meat and vegetable salads. What to do with sweet? It is quite difficult to combine with chicken, fish or something else, quite nourishing, in salads or appetizers. You should not think that nothing will come out of a sweet cookie. It makes excellent fruit salads or desserts.
Salad with cookies can decorate any holiday table. He quickly prepared and provides the hostess the opportunity to experiment. You can use both salty and sweet cookies. Based on the basis used, it turns out meat or sweet dessert salads.