The most recognized, famous salad for the New Year and festive table is undoubtedly Olivier. From the past Soviet times, he entered our homes for a long time. After all salad olivieris equivalent to the word Holiday. Its various options appeared due to the presence or absence of certain products in the refrigerator. If desired, each cook can bring something of their own in the main recipe of Olivier.
It’s more common for many families to use sausage in an Olivier salad instead of meat. But if you have a choice, then I would advise using just the same meat. Sometimes a small piece of chicken can completely change the tone of the dish, while sausage does not always cope with this task.
- Medium sized potatoes - 5 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Chicken eggs - 5 pcs.
- Meat (chicken breast, turkey, duck or other discretion) - 300 g
- Marinated cucumbers - 5 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Green peas - 1 bank.
- Mayonnaise - 200-250 g.
How to make a salad Olivier?
- Vegetables are medium sized. Boiled potatoes and carrots must be cooled, cut into small cubes up to 1 cm. Beef or veal is used in meat, boiled it (in lightly salted water), cooled and cut into small cubes. Onions should be finely crumbled, while for the contrast of color in the salad, you can add a red onion (besides, it is less sharp). Boil eggs, cool, finely chop. Pickled cucumbers finely chopped.
- Mix all the ingredients, add green peas from the jar (pre-drain liquid), fill the mixture with mayonnaise. Before mayonnaise dressing can be salted to taste. But it is better not to do this, because Salt is in pickled cucumbers and mayonnaise, it is quite enough.
- If you wish, you should decorate with an egg flower, a sprig (made of green peas), a rosette of thinly sliced meat, or as your fantasy tells you. For a more complete taste and harmony of ingredients, you need to cool the salad Olivier.
Enjoy the food!