Nowadays, any city store offers a variety of different products. Bread, without which not one meal can be done, is also represented in the assortment. But this does not mean that it is easy to choose the loaf that exactly resembles home baked goods. Therefore, come to the aid of rye bread recipes at home in the oven.
Hearty country bread for those who are not afraid of yeast
Recipes with photos of rye bread can be easily found on the Internet, they are all very different, we will tell you about the most successful and simple cooking method.
- Flour - 250 g (it is better to give preference to the first grade);
- Rye flour - 125 g;
- Yeast - 13 g (if you use dry, then take 4 g);
- Butter - 5 g;
- Warm water - 250 ml;
- Honey - 1 tsp;
- Sugar - about 5 g;
- Salt - about 10 g.
This amount of products is enough for 1 loaf of bread weighing 600 g.
- The first action is to dissolve the yeast in 40 ml of water, then pour in the sugar and salt, add honey and mix everything;
- The remaining water is combined with half of the flour, that is, it is about 150 g of ordinary and 60 g of rye, add oil;
- Now you should wait, leaving 2 plates for 30 minutes, just remember to cover them with a cloth or kitchen towel;
- Then mix the ingredients contained in 2 bowls. You can do it with your hands, or you can with the help of a combine. If you see that it is necessary to add flour or water to the dough, then feel free to do it. The fact that your dough is ready to say its uniformity, it will also be easy to peel off the plate;
- From the mass, we make a ball or give dough any other shape that you would like to get bread. Then we put the dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment, make cuts on the future bread and sprinkle it with flour;
- No, now we are not putting rye bread in the oven, but letting it stand for about an hour, covered with a towel. At the same time choose a warm place;
- The oven is heated to a temperature of 200-220 degrees. And then we put there bread for 45 minutes. To make the baking turned soft inside, and the crust crunched, put a baking sheet with water down in the oven, so steam will appear. But do not forget to remove the liquid after 10 minutes.
- Ready rye bread will turn out just so beautiful on the outside and inside:
If you wish, you can add seeds, sesame, dried fruits or spices to the dough. In any case, your home baking will be much more fragrant and more appetizing than the one that can be purchased at the supermarket.
Delicious unleavened rye bread: sourdough recipe
Unleavened rye bread at home in the oven has several advantages because of the yeast, which serves as a substitute for yeast. So:
- Sourdough is useful, which will be the main argument for those who believe that yeast is harmful;
- If it is properly stored, it will not spoil for a long time;
- Sourdough bread will always come out;
- Baking is not covered with mold, and can only become stale;
- Sourdough bread is one of the most delicious.
In order to prepare the starter you need:
- Rye flour - 100 g;
- Serum or water - 100 g
Now knead the dough, which consists of 100 g of flour and 100 g of liquid, no other ingredients are needed. This is best done in clay or glassware, and then cover it with a towel or cloth. Storage capacity is left in a place where there is no light and heat.
After two days, the leaven will do, it can be noticed by its aroma and consistency: bubbles will appear. Now you need to add 100 g of whey (water) and 100 g of flour into it, mix everything and cover. We leave to stand in the same place, and in about a day the ferment will be finally ready (bubbles should reappear).
Store ready-made starter in the refrigerator, because in another place it will quickly become a victim of fermentation. But it should be noted that it needs to be "updated". So, if you bake very often, then you will leave the whole leaven at once. And if only sometimes, then the rest should be “updated” every 2-3 days by adding flour and water.
We bake bread on sourdough
Now let's take a look at how to make rich yeast-free bread:
- To begin with, we take a leaven, which is about 400 ml capacity;
- For the test: we combine 400 ml of leaven and 400 ml of water (that is, you always take liquids as much as yeast);
- Here also pour 2 tsp. salt, if you wish, you can also sugar, coriander to your own taste;
- Now add flour until the dough is such that it was a spoon;
- Next, wait for the dough to rise, it will take about 3 hours. You can let it stand for longer;
- Now with wet hands dipped in cold water, we form a loaf of bread, which is usually sprinkled with sesame, coriander or flakes of rolled oats;
- We spread the dough on a baking sheet, previously covered with parchment paper, and make cuts with a knife, sprinkle with flour. Also, the surface under the bread can be spread with sunflower oil;
- Turn on the oven at 200 degrees and set baking. After 1 h 30 min, turn off the bread and leave it for another 30 minutes. If your loaf is very large, then you may need more time to cook. It will help to check the exact readiness of rye - a toothpick: if you stick it in the bread and it remains dry, then the baking is ready.
According to this recipe, it is very good to start learning how to bake bread, as it always turns out, even for an inexperienced hostess. And cooking does not take much time, but it will give a eulogy from everyone who tries a piece.
Sourdough rye bread at home in the oven - a real decoration of each table and a declaration of love from the cook to home and guests. Such baking will never replace purchased bread and will entice with its aroma and crisp. You can also cook no less tasty and hearty rye bread with yeast. And to do it correctly and our recipes will help to avoid common mistakes!