A hearty, fragrant meat dish is the key to the success of any party. A win-win option in this case is roasting at home in pots. All the nuances of choosing the right meat, successful combinations of ingredients, as well as the best and proven recipes, we consider in this article.
Why in modern kitchen clay pots?
It is not for nothing that during archaeological excavations so much attention is paid to the remains of ancient dishes found: our ancestors knew a lot about the skill of preparing tasty and healthy food. That is why they cooked in clay pots. Fortunately, this tradition has reached our time. After all, such dishes:
- heats up for a long time and cools for a long time;
- retains maximum useful properties of products, as they languish in pots rather than roast;
- enhances the taste of the dish.
As for meat dishes, clay pots are ideal for getting juicy, fragrant and, most importantly, soft meat.
What meat is better for roast?
Roast can be made from any meat. So you can safely take:
- fresh pork;
- young beef;
- not very fat lamb;
- any bird;
- domestic rabbit.
As for the most delicious parts, there is a rule: the less the animal exploited this area during its lifetime, the juicier and softer your dish will turn out. Although pork can take a neck and even ham. But from young beef for a nourishing roast the area under the ribs or the shoulder part is ideal. By the way, many professional chefs recommend taking the upper part of the carcass for a dish.
Recipe: Home-style Roast in a Pot with Potatoes
If you do not want to spend a lot of time off the stove, then make the roast immediately with a side dish - potatoes.
- 500 g pork neck;
- 2 large onions;
- 7 medium potatoes;
- frying oil;
- 1 tbsp. l light mayonnaise;
- 1 tbsp. l shop sour cream; salt, spices;
- greens (to your taste).
- Pork washed, cut into cubes.
- Onion shred half rings.
- Cut potatoes into small squares.
- In a heated frying pan, fry the meat to a light crust, add some salt.
- Fall asleep onions and fry everything to the transparency of the vegetable.
- Put the meat in a pot with onions, potatoes, add some salt and add spices.
- Fill the ingredients with water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream with mayonnaise, pour it into the pot.
- Sent to the oven for 50 minutes. The maximum temperature should be no more than 180 degrees. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
Spicy Pork Roast
In pots, any products reveal extraordinary facets of their taste and aroma. Especially if you strengthen them with garlic, as in this recipe.
- 500 g pork shoulder;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 7 potatoes; 3 tbsp. l lemon fresh;
- 3 tbsp. l homemade sour cream;
- 3 tbsp. l salad mayonnaise;
- 2 cloves of garlic; ½ tbsp. fat milk;
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper, seasonings (to your taste).
- Meat washed and cleaned of fatty layers.
- Cut pork into cubes, add some salt, sprinkle with spices.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and send to the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Onion chop finely, rub carrots, cut potatoes into small squares.
- Slightly fry the potatoes in a skillet.
- Sour cream mixed with mayonnaise and milk in a separate bowl, fall asleep pepper.
- Chop the garlic with garlic and pour in a creamy mayonnaise dressing.
- Put the meat, onion, carrot in the pot, pour the sauce, then add the potatoes. Repeat the sequence.
- We determine the dish in a cold oven, bring to 200 degrees and cook for 1.5-2 hours.
Gourmet dish for the festive table
An extraordinary tenderness to the pork dish adds butter.
- 450 g pork shoulder;
- 100 g homemade butter;
- 3 small bulbs;
- 2 carrots;
- 7 potatoes;
- 100 g homemade sour cream;
- 100 ml of full-fat milk;
- 200 g of hard cheese.
- Pork cut into cubes, add some salt and put in a pot.
- Then add a piece of butter.
- Onion shred half rings, carrot rub.
- Potatoes cut into plates of medium thickness.
- Cheese cut into thin slices.
- In the pot add onions, carrots, again put the oil.
- Top lay out the potato plates, add some salt.
- Sour cream mixed with milk.
- Then we should add butter and sauce to the dish.
- We spread the pieces of cheese, cover with a lid and put in the oven for 45 minutes, gradually bringing the temperature to 200 degrees.
Merchant roast from the oven
If you prefer to cook from beef, then the roast recipe, which was prepared in old Russian taverns, you will like.
- 700 g beef tenderloin;
- 2 large onions;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 2.5 Art. l wheat flour;
- 1.5 Art. l Russian mustard;
- 1 tbsp. homemade sour cream;
- 1 tsp. dry ginger;
- salt, marjoram, black pepper, lavrushka.
- Very finely chop the onion.
- We thoroughly wash the beef with a running stream and put it in the pot too.
- Put the beef with onions in the oven to stew at 150 degrees for about 3 hours.
- Pour the flour in the pan, fry to a light golden hue.
- Pour in sour cream, add mustard, lavrushka, marjoram, ginger and garlic minced with garlic.
- Fill the meat with sauce, add some salt and cook for another 20 minutes.
Mushroom Roast: A Step-by-Step Recipe
Roast does not necessarily cook only from meat. The mushroom version of the dish also turns out very tasty, with an extraordinary aroma.
- 500 g of champignons;
- 3 medium onions;
- 8 small potatoes;
- frozen vegetables to your taste;
- 1 tbsp. homemade sour cream;
- 220 g of hard cheese;
- 30 ml cooking oil;
- We cut onion half rings, squares - potatoes and plates - mushrooms.
- In a pan, lightly fry the mushrooms in the butter.
- In a clay pot lay out onions, potatoes, mushrooms and frozen vegetables.
- Salt the mixture.
- Cut into thin slices cheese and put a couple of pieces on top of the contents of the pot.
- Add sour cream, cover with a lid and send it to the oven.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, simmer for 45 minutes.
- After switching off, we leave the dish in the oven for another 15 minutes - so the roast will go well.
Roast at home in pots can be prepared in several ways. But one way or another, it will not go unnoticed. Its exquisite aroma and unique taste will not only delight your loved ones, but will also add points to your culinary rating. After all, roast is one of those wonderful dishes that are very difficult to spoil even for inexperienced housewives.