Baked ham is a very tasty and juicy dish that not everyone will refuse. Meat can be cooked in the oven, but if there is a slow cooker, the process is facilitated many times. The most important thing is to choose the right products, and then the baked ham in the slow cooker will surprise your loved ones and guests in the most pleasant way.
It's all about meat!
Meat selection is a very important part of the pork preparation process. The dish is traditionally made from pork tenderloin, but chicken, beef, turkey and veal will do. You can take both a flat and volumetric piece weighing from 1.5 to 3 kg (this weight is considered the best for the multicooker). Do not be afraid that the ham will come out a lot: such a yummy for a long time in the refrigerator does not lie.
The main “secret weapon” of baked ham is marinating. But first, before cooking, the meat must be cleaned of skins and films. Then it is washed and dried. After that, you can make cuts where garlic and vegetables are laid. Dried herbs are suitable as marinade:
- pepper, paprika;
- any greens.
In the marinade you can add:
- soy sauce;
The selected ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and then generously and carefully smear a piece of meat. Sprouted future baked ham put in a cool place and kept for at least several hours. The longer it is in the marinade, the more tender it becomes.
If beef is taken for cooking, it should be kept in the marinade as long as possible. Baking boiled pork in a slow cooker is increased by another hour.
If you got a hard piece of meat, you can make it more juicy:
- using a disposable syringe by injecting a saturated saline solution or cream;
- immersing in salt solution for a few minutes.
Here are some more tips.
- To check the readiness of the meat, it is cut and looked at the flowing juice. If it is transparent, the dish is ready.
- The best sauce for baked ham is sliced barrel cucumbers mixed with sour cream and cream.
- As a side dish, good to use potatoes or vegetables.
Cooking in a slow cooker
The slow cooker is a versatile device that can make almost any dish tasty. And baked ham is no exception. In the case of her, such an assistant is especially valuable, because she does everything herself and frees a lot of time for the hostess. And this is very useful when, for example, she is waiting for guests, and you need to prepare a large number of complex dishes.
The process of cooking pork in a slow cooker is very simple and does not require special skills. It is enough to properly prepare the meat, put it in the refrigerator, and then put it in the bowl of the device and select the desired mode.
Traditionally, boiled pork is fried in the "Baking" mode with turning from one side to the other (15-25 minutes each), and then stewed in the "Quenching" mode for about 2 hours. After cooking, it is recommended to leave the baked ham to cool in a slow cooker so that it is soaked in its own juice.
Juicy pork in foil
- 1 kg of pork;
- 1 tsp. coriander;
- 1 tsp. pepper mixes;
- 1 tsp. seasoning "Italian herbs";
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- Prepare the meat as described above.
- Peel the garlic cloves, chop the plates.
- Slightly slit the meat and fill with garlic plates.
- Mix the spices with 1.5 tsp. salt and grate meat.
- Put it on a piece of foil and let it brew in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Put meat wrapped in foil into a slow cooker and set "Baking" mode for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off the slow cooker and leave the boiled pork for another 20 minutes.
Chicken Pork Recipe
- chicken fillet - 2 pcs .;
- milk - 1 l;
- spices and dried herbs.
- Pour the milk into the bowl of the slow cooker and pour salt into it.
- Set the mode "Milk porridge" and boil milk.
- Dip fillet in milk and boil for 5 minutes.
- In the "Heating" mode, cook for another 2 hours.
- Drain, roll baked ham in a mixture of herbs and breadcrumbs.
Beef baked ham
- 0.7 kg of beef;
- garlic head;
- 2 tbsp. l sunflower or olive oil;
- 2 tsp. mustard;
- Garlic cloves clean.
- Meat in advance to prepare for roasting.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices.
- Cut the meat in several places and stuff it with carrots and garlic.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing mustard, salt, spices and oil.
- Smear a piece of marinade, put in foil or wrap in plastic wrap. Leave in a cool place for a couple of hours.
- Pour the remains of the marinade into the bowl of the device and place the meat in it.
- Using the "Baking" mode, fry the meat on both sides for 40 minutes.
- Put on the mode of "quenching" and cook another 1.5 hours.
Juicy meat in its own juice
Some multicookers, including the Redmond, are equipped with the Heater function. With it, you can cook and baked ham, if you long torment it in the marinade in its own juice. Thanks to this little secret, the dish turns juicy and tasty.
- 1.5 kg of pork;
- garlic head;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 2 tbsp. l mustard;
- 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise and soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. dried herbs;
- black and red pepper to taste.
- Wash and peel the meat well.
- Peel garlic and carrots, cut into plates and cubes.
- On one side of the meat, make cuts and stuff them with vegetables. Only 4-5 cuts are enough for each type of filling.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the remaining ingredients: mayonnaise, mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper, greens.
- Make cuts in the meat on the other side and stuff them with the sauce.
- If the sauce is left, you can spread them on the baked ham.
- Put the meat in a slow cooker and put on the "Baking" mode. Cook for 1.5 hours.
- After cooking, hold the boiled pork in the slow cooker for some time, allowing it to cool. Only then put in the fridge.
Baked Pork Roll
- 2 kg of pork (it is possible with skins);
- garlic head;
- 100 g of mustard;
- 150 ml of cream;
- some vegetable oil;
- Peeled garlic cloves, grated or crushed.
- Mix garlic and salt, pepper, mustard.
- Lubricate the resulting marinade meat and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Add a little salt to the cream and inject it into the meat with a disposable syringe.
- Roll a piece of pickled meat roll and wrap thread.
- Top roll grease with pepper, turmeric.
- Cook in baking mode for half an hour.
- Switch to Quenching mode and cook for another hour.
- Keep the roll in the slow cooker for another hour.
- Cool and put in the fridge.
If you cook the boiled pork in a slow cooker, the dish will be juicy and tasty, and the process itself will not take long. But you will be able to surprise your guests and loved ones with the new taste of fragrant meat, which will forever consolidate your reputation among its friends as a magnificent hostess.