Fresh dough for pies in the oven is ideal for those housewives who do not want to spend a lot of time kneading the yeast base. And it also happens that you really want delicious baking, but yeast is not at hand. Unleavened dough is ideal for pies and pies with any filling - sweet or meat.
The simplest fresh baking base is made from flour, vegetable oil, salt and water. Water can be replaced with sour cream or kefir, add butter and sugar - then the finished products will get an unusual taste with subtle sourness. This variant of the basis for the pies is most often called baked pastry or unleavened. You can use any filling for it: cabbage, rice, meat, jam or jam. Pies baked in the oven are lush, very fragrant and incredibly tasty, and it takes much less time than when making pastry from yeast dough. Many hostesses completely unreasonably believe that the fresh base is tasteless: it is a pie dough, just cooked without yeast.
The simplest unleavened dough for pies in the oven
The base is suitable for baking closed and open pies, sweet cheesecakes with cottage cheese or jam. It takes a total of 30 minutes to prepare.
- 500 g of flour;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil; odorless;
- salt to taste;
- warm water - the amount depends on the type of flour, each absorbs the liquid in different ways.
- Sift the flour through a sieve 2-3 times to break up lumps, and pour it on the table with a slide.
- Make a small depression and pour in the oil, then immediately add 1 tbsp. warm water and salt.
- Knead gently and add liquid if necessary, if the base is too steep.
- The dough must be plastic, not sticky, but not too soft and not too tight, otherwise the baking will dry in the oven.
- Then you can roll it for patties (thickness of the layer is about 5 mm), put the stuffing and bake in the oven until the pastry becomes brown.
Recipe for sweet unleavened pasta for pies in the oven
Unleavened pastry will never settle if you cook it using the right technology.
- 2.5 Art. flour;
- 200 g sour cream;
- 100 g butter;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1 tsp. soda
- Sift flour through a sieve on the table, pour soda into it.
- Put the soft butter in the center and chop everything with a knife to the state of small crumbs.
- Stir sour cream with salt and sugar and add to flour and butter.
- Knead everything well. The mass should not get too steep.
- Put the base in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- The dough is suitable for baking closed pies with filling, open pies and cheesecakes.
Unleavened cottage cheese pasties in the oven
This basis for the pies is almost the complete analogue of the lush yeast dough. But cook it at the same time much faster.
- 1 tbsp. cottage cheese (any fat content);
- 1/3 Art. milk;
- 5 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- ½ tsp soda;
- ½ tsp salts;
- 3 tbsp. l sugar for baking with sweet filling.
- Curd cheese through a sieve to avoid lumps.
- Add milk, salt and sugar (for a sweet base) to it and whisk well with a blender.
- Add flour to the flour and add to the curd mass.
- Stir the dough quickly, no more than 10 minutes. It should not stick to your hands or to the dishes.
- Put it in the cold for at least 15 minutes.
- For patties, roll the base into thin sheets about 5 mm thick. It is suitable for any filling.
Fresh dough for pies on kefir
Baking on kefir turns out very fragrant and soft. In terms of taste, such a dough is not inferior to the classic yeast analog, but it is prepared several times faster.
- 500 ml of kefir;
- 500 g flour;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tsp. soda;
- 2 tsp. salts;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
- The secret of delicious and lush pastry made from unleavened dough on kefir is the correct kneading technology and flour. The last ingredient should be only the highest grade and excellent quality. If you are in doubt, add a little starch to the flour and be sure to sift it through a sieve.
- In a warm kefir (room temperature), pour in soda and mix.
- Beat in the egg, add salt and butter.
- Next, in small portions mix flour. You must achieve a consistency so that the dough is not sticky, tight, but remains elastic.
- When the base for the patties is ready, cover it with a wrap so that it does not wear out, and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After this time, you can begin to form pies.
Unleavened pastry dough is a great solution when you want delicious pastries, and there is no desire or time to make leaven or sponge. Such a flour base can be "friendly" with many fillings and is great not only for baking in the oven, but also for frying in a pan.