Baked apples are an age-old Russian dish that was unfairly forgotten by modern mistresses, but today it has once again become very popular. After all, this is an easy way to prepare products for the future without the use of harmful preservatives. What are the recipes at home to cook soaked apples?
Soaked apples - a dish tasty and healthy by itself. Harvested in this way fruits contain a lot of useful and necessary for our body, especially in the harsh winter, minerals and vitamins. Cooked even in sweet marinade fruits contain very few calories - only 40-70.
You can store apples in the basement until June, and in the cellar-glacier - until late autumn of the following year. This duration is provided by lactic acid, which is formed by a special marinade. For urinating, it can be any: sour or sweet, with the addition of spices, berries.
As a container, you can use wooden tubs, glass jars, enamel tanks, containers made of food-grade plastic.
Urine apples in cans: the easiest recipe for cooking
The taste of the fruit prepared in this way is very natural.
- winter varieties of apples;
- 120 g of salt;
- 120 g of sugar;
- 10 liters of water.
- Rinse the jars well with a solution of soda and place apples in them.
- Bring the water to a boil, dissolve the salt and sugar in it, cool to room temperature and pour the fruits.
- The easiest way is to seal the container with plastic covers and store it in the basement.
Recipe for making sweet peeled apples at home
In this case, the method of sweet urinating is used, so the fruit can also be used for baking.
- 5 kg of apples of autumn or winter varieties;
- currant, apple and cherry leaves;
- 10 liters of water;
- 300 g of honey;
- 100 g of salt;
- 100 g of malt (you can substitute rye flour, the quantity is the same);
- pour mint (optional).
- Prepare the dishes in which you will soak the apples.
- Rinse leaves thoroughly from dirt and dust and dry.
- At the very bottom lay out first currant leaves, then two layers of apples.
- Spread cherry and apple leaves in one layer on top of the fruit. If you decide to add mint, put 5 medium sized leaflets.
- Next, lay out again two layers of apples, top cover them with the remaining foliage.
- Now cook the sweet marinade. In boiling water, dissolve salt and sugar. Honey add only when the water has cooled to a temperature of 400C, otherwise he will lose all his properties. Add malt or flour with it.
- Pour apples with sweet marinade only when it is completely cool.
- It is very important that the liquid covers the fruit completely. When everything is ready, put a wooden plank on the apples and put a load on it.
- For the first 5-6 days, keep the blanks warm at room temperature. It is necessary that the fermentation process begins.
- When the fruit is fermented, remove excess foam. If necessary, add the marinade or just cold boiled water and remove the container in the cellar for about 1.5 months.
Canned apples: a recipe for a 3-liter jar
These fruits are wonderfully combined with cinnamon and cloves - they can be added during steeping. The taste is spicy and very unusual.
Ingredients for one 3-liter can:
- 1 kg of apples (about 10-13 medium-sized pieces);
- 10 leaves of black currant and cherry;
- 4 tbsp. l honey;
- 1.5 tsp. salts;
- 0.5 tsp. mustard seeds;
- 5 pieces. carnations;
- 0.5 tsp. cinnamon;
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Wet fruits and leaves, dry.
- Put apples into the sterilized jar (the stalks cannot be removed), laying each layer with cherry and currant leaves. Pour the mustard seeds on top of the fruit.
- Prepare the marinade: boil water and dissolve the salt in it, add cinnamon and cloves. Honey add only after the water has cooled to 400WITH.
- When honey is completely dissolved, fill the vessels with water and cover with plastic covers.
- Apples will be ready in about 6 weeks. Keep them in a cool and dark place. If it is a glacier cellar, first hold the apples at home to start the fermentation process, otherwise the fruit will not be ready in that time.
Boiled fruit with red rowan
A simple recipe for cooking very unusual to taste apples.
- 2 kg of apples;
- 400 g of red rowan (you can replace black chokeberry);
- a handful of currant leaves;
- 50 g sugar;
- 5 g of salt;
- 1 liter of water.
- Put washed apples, rowan and currant leaves in layers of sterilized dishes.
- Bring water to a boil, dissolve sugar and salt in it, cool the marinade to room temperature and pour natural gifts on it.
- Cover the dishes with gauze and let it stand at room temperature until the contents begin to ferment (4-5 days).
- Collect excess foam. Top up the marinade or cold water, if you notice that the apples are a little bare, and put the container with a future delicacy in the cellar for 1.5 months.
How to drench apples: 7 useful tips
- For this type of processing, only hard, sweet-sour or sour apples of autumn or winter varieties are used.
- Do not wet the fruit immediately after harvest. They need to give a little lie down (about 2 weeks), so that they finally matured.
- Apples must be whole, not damaged. In no case should fallen fruits be used for urinating.
- It is best to wash dishes with soda and pour boiling water over it.
- Apples are well laid up the stems up: they are better soaked with marinade and begin to ferment faster.
- The optimal storage space is the cellar, the storage temperature is from 0 to +120WITH.
- As long as the apples reach readiness, be sure to watch the level of the marinade in jars or pans. He must fully cover the fruit. If their upper layer is bare, add a new pickle or cold boiled water. If you put a pressure on the top, be sure to remove the foam formed during fermentation, and also add marinade or water.
Soaked apples are a great way to preserve a rich harvest by preparing a very healthy and tasty snack. They are good as an independent dish, but they can be used as an additional ingredient in salads. Sweet macerated fruits are very tasty in envelopes of puff pastry, baked in the oven.