Almost everyone knows the word “hodgepodge”, which has become a symbol of mixing different components without special order and is synonymous with the word “mix”. Initially, it related only to the dish of Russian cuisine, which was prepared on a strong broth. Be sure to attend it and seasonings, because the traditional taste of the dish - spicy, but sour.
Smoked ribs solitaire: recipe with photo feed and recommendations
Initially, a hodgepodge of smoked meat was prepared, of course, not with a secondary product, such as sausage, but with the smoked parts of the animal whose meat became the basis for the broth. Especially actively for this purpose used lamb ribs: a hodgepodge with their participation turned out rich, strong and very nourishing. The number of recipes of this dish has become equal to the number of pizza recipes: each housewife has its own special methods to make the best. But the traditional version of solyanka with smoked ribs is unchanged.
- Beef bones - 0.5 kg
- Smoked lamb chops - 0.3 kg
- Salted cucumbers - 4-5 pcs.
- Large tomatoes - 2-3 pcs.
- Onions - 3 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Olives - 100 g
- Butter, vegetable oil
- Lemon - to taste
- Parsley root, dill
- Salt, spices, sugar - to taste
- First, it is necessary to boil broth from beef bones, and this should be done in two approaches: a saucepan filled with water is put on the stove. As soon as the water boils, the bones are laid in it, and everything is brought to a new boil.
- At this time, you need to put on the next burner another 1 pot of water: the meat will be transferred to it after the initial boiling and boiling. There is also parsley root, shredded carrots and a bunch of dill. Cooking broth continues for 40-50 minutes: depending on the state of the meat bones. Then you need to decant the broth and leave it for a while.
- Now you should pay attention to the rest of the ingredients of solyanka: onion bulbs are crushed and brought to the state of golden crust on hot butter, and salted here.
- After that, you need to scald the washed tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin from them, and send them to the pan in a frying pan, sprinkled with 1 tsp. Sahara. Stew to a monotonous mass, which is baked in an oven preheated to 100 degrees for 1 hour, at an average level.
- Smoked lamb ribs should be divided into small pieces, dry them for 5-7 minutes in a heated frying pan with medium heat.
- Cut pickled cucumbers along thin slices, scald with boiling water. To enhance their taste, it is recommended to add 0.3-0.5 st. pickle pickles.
- All these ingredients are laid in the previously filtered broth, poured into a clean pan. The tomato-onion mixture is transferred from the oven to the same place, and the hodgepodge is cooked for 10-15 minutes with the lid closed. The power of the burner is set slightly above average.
- After that, it only remains to add olives, favorite seasonings and salt, then let the dish sit on a warm ring for another 20-30 minutes. (the fire is off), and you can bring it to the table.
- However, gourmets say that the hodgepodge "ripens" in a day, therefore, cooked yesterday, it tastes much more interesting.
Smoked sausage recipe with chicken and sausage
The easiest hodgepodge, of course, is made in chicken broth. True, its caloric content is compensated by the addition of smoked products, potatoes, corn and other ingredients, but the broth itself, with the participation of the chicken, is not very strong. The following recipe fully justifies the name of the dish, since its components can be varied to infinity, replacing, removing and adding to your taste. And in order to withstand the spirit of Russian cuisine, such a hodgepodge of smoked meats will be in the pot.
- Chicken wings - 2-3 pcs.
- Smoked sausage - 300 g
- Smoked Chicken Breast - 200 g
- Sour cabbage - 100 g
- Large tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Salted cucumbers - 4-5 pcs.
- Brine - 1 tbsp.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Round rice - 150 g
- Sugar, salt, spices - to taste
- It is recommended to cook chicken broth twice. First put the wings in boiling water and scald them for 5-10 minutes, then put them in a large saucepan (4-5 liters) with water. Add half the onions and boil for 35-40 minutes over medium heat.
- While the broth is being prepared, sifted wheat flour is fried in butter in a hot frying pan, mixed with a pinch of sugar and the remaining half of onion bulb, previously chopped. After 2 minutes there are laid sliced tomatoes and languish until fully softened.
- White round grain rice is washed 4-5 times, poured with cold water, salted and left for 2-3 hours. After that, it should be put in ready chicken broth and boiled for 15-20 minutes at low power under the lid.
- Then the rest of the ingredients are added: stewed tomatoes with onions, sliced cucumbers, cabbage and diced smoked meat - sausage and breast.
- A pot with a hodgepodge is placed in a warm (120 degrees) oven in the middle row, covered with a lid and kept warm for 45 minutes. 3-5 minutes until ready, cucumber pickle is poured into it, olives and seasonings are laid.
Serve soup can be served differently: the classic Russian dish is always flavored with sour cream and used with rye bread or bread crumbs, a sprig of parsley, and onion feathers. A little later, sour cream began to be mixed with chopped and squeezed garlic cloves, which contributed to a slight change in the taste of the already prepared dish. European traditions demanded that slices of fresh lemon, black or white pepper in peas, as well as its mixtures be added to solyanka. And for a softer taste of the dish, among the smoked meats there was necessarily a milk sausage.
Whatever recipe of solyanka with smoked meat you use, the old Russian dish cooked with soul will surely turn out to be nourishing and fragrant, and acquire your individual handwriting. Remember that the hodgepodge is a mixture of many products, and do not be afraid to resort to untested combinations!