The brightest gastronomic impressions, as a rule, come from childhood. So waffles in the minds of many are associated with fragrant sweet pastries that mother or grandmother made for holidays or weekends. However, now there is nothing difficult in repeating the recipe for waffles for the Soviet waffle iron. There are many options for their preparation.
Waffles are one of the most inexpensive delicacies, which is popular with both children and adults. The secret to the continued success of baking is in the variety of options for making dough and filling. As for the base for waffles, it can be crisp or soft - it all depends on the time after which you remove the finished delicacy from the device. If after 30 seconds, the pastry will be tender, crumbly, and if after 1-3 minutes, then crispy. And, of course, there are lots of delicious recipes for filling a waffle cone:
- condensed milk (classic homemade waffles);
- candied fruit;
- fresh fruits;
- caviar and so on
The advantages of the Soviet waffle iron
A Soviet waffle iron is an appliance that in many homes is unfairly sent to the far shelf of a kitchen cabinet. Meanwhile, this baking gadget hails from the USSR:
- bakes dough evenly at the expense of shallow cells;
- quite safe to use, so the culinary experiments of many children in the 70-80s began with waffles;
- wash well;
Modern devices for baking waffles differ only in design, the presence of non-stick coating, as well as the fact that they are electric. In Soviet times, the first waffle irons needed to be reheated on the stove, and it was only a few years later when electric appliances appeared.
A simple recipe for delicious waffles
For the first steps in making waffles, it is better to use a simple and cheap recipe of delicacy. You can bring it to life in a waffle iron, which warms up on the stove.
- 3 eggs;
- 400 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. l homemade sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. white or brown sugar;
- 140 g low-fat margarine; 1 tsp. vanilla;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 30 grams of fatty butter.
- Margarine podtaplivaem on the water bath to a loose state.
- Mix sugar with vanilla powder and beat eggs. Shake with a whisk.
- Separately mix sour cream with soda.
- In a deep bowl, combine the three mixtures and pour the flour in small portions, stirring with a whisk.
- On the stove we warm waffle iron.
- Lubricate the surface of the device with oil. This should be done only before the first test load.
- Pour 1 tbsp. l test the device, close and after 1 minute, we get a delicious waffle.
If you want to make waffles with filling, then roll up the ready-made form into a straw. Just keep in mind that for the preparation of such products do not fry the dough too much, otherwise you will not wrap the horn. Literally 1-1.5 minutes in a closed waffle iron will be quite enough.
Another delicious waffle recipe for a Soviet waffle maker on gas suggests using cream instead of sour cream. Baking is more airy.
- 320 g of white sugar;
- 130 g cream margarine;
- 1/3 Art. heavy cream;
- 120 grams of sifted flour;
- 4 eggs;
- 1 tsp. vanilla;
- 30 g butter;
- boiled condensed milk for the filling.
- Mix margarine with cream melted in a water bath.
- Eggs are shaken with white sugar and vanilla.
- Combine products, whisk and gradually pour flour.
- Heat the waffle iron on the stove and lubricate with oil.
- Pour the dough, level the surface and close the device.
- After 1.5 minutes, open the waffle iron, smear the cake with condensed milk, hook the edge of the waffle with a fork and turn into a straw. Delicious delicacy for tea is ready.
Soft baking in a waffle iron
To make the waffles soft and fluffy, there is no need to change the consistency of the flour. The secret lies in the set of products for cooking.
- 250 g butter or margarine;
- 5 eggs;
- 700 ml of homemade milk;
- 1 tbsp. white sugar;
- 400 g of flour;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 1 tsp. baking mix;
- ½ tsp vanilla.
- On the steam bath, soften the oil.
- Fall asleep white sugar, shake.
- Beat in the egg mixture and pour milk.
- Add flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and soda, constantly stirring the dough with a whisk. As a result, the consistency of the cream should be obtained.
- Heat the waffle iron, apply butter for the first waffle and pour the dough onto the surface of the appliance.
- We close the sash and mark 2 minutes. Waffle ready.
Such pastries can be folded down and served with jam, cream or honey. If you have the desire and time, then make the tubes. Each wafer after removing from the device, turn off the horn - then the filling will look more aesthetically pleasing.
Belgian waffles made with soda are delicious. Baking from this ingredient becomes slightly porous.
- 250 g of sifted flour;
- 150 ml of highly carbonated mineral water;
- 250 ml of fat milk;
- 3 eggs;
- 2/3 Art. Sahara;
- 130 g of softened butter;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. vanilla;
- ½ tsp baking mixture or baking powder.
- Pound the prepared oil with sugar, table salt, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, pour milk into the mixture, mix.
- Add to the dough preparation butter with sugar and soda.
- We bake waffles on a heated device for about 2 minutes.
Crispy waffles: Yummy fingers!
Crispy waffles in a Soviet waffle iron are prepared with the addition of starch.
- 200 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. white sugar;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 1.5 Art. l potato starch;
- ½ tbsp. warm filtered water;
- 130 g of melted butter;
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- We drive in yolks and proteins into a deep, wide bowl, add granulated sugar and beat the mixture until frothy.
- Pour in the oil, pre-melted steamed, add sifted flour, cinnamon and starch, mix well.
- Add water, lightly whisk and let the dough walk for 30 minutes.
- Heat the waffle iron, oil it and pour 1 tbsp. l dough on both surfaces.
- After 1.5 minutes, hook the wafer with a fork and turn off the horn.
These waffles are very tasty and without filling, but if desired, the tubes can be filled with curd, thick jam or condensed milk.
What could be more harmonious than a combination of crispy waffles and savory fillings as an aperitif? Especially since it is easy to cook such a snack.
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 1 tbsp. fat milk;
- 40 grams of fatty butter;
- 1 tsp. dry baking powder.
- Carefully break the egg, separating the yolk.
- Shake protein to thick foam.
- Mix the yolk with milk, shake to the consistency of sour cream.
- Add flour, baking powder to the milk mixture, mix well.
- On the steam bath melt the oil.
- Pour oil into dough and add protein.
- On a heated waffle iron pour 1 tbsp. l dough, close the lid and bake for 1 minute.
- Hot wafer roll up the tube.
- Cooled blanks are filled to your taste.
Viennese waffles: what could be better?
Viennese pastries are covered with centuries-old fame of delicious desserts. And waffles are an integral part of this tradition.
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 40 g of melted homemade butter;
- 2 tbsp. fat milk;
- ¼ Art. brown sugar;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 1 tsp. vanilla; 1 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- Gently break into a deep broad egg container, separating the whites and yolks.
- Add sugar and vanilla into yolks and beat into foam.
- Pour a thin stream of milk into the mixture, then butter. Whisk mixed products with a whisk.
- Separately mix the sifted flour, baking soda and salt.
- Make a "well" in the flour mixture and pour in the milk harvest, mix.
- Beat the whites and pour them into the dough.
- Pour the dough on a preheated and buttered waffle iron, hold for 2 minutes and remove the finished baking.
Viennese waffles can be filled with cream and sprinkled with cocoa powder.
Yeast waffles with caramel
Waffles made with yeast have an amazing aroma.
- 500 g of flour;
- 300 grams of homemade butter;
- 50 g solid butter;
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar;
- ½ tbsp. shop or homemade milk;
- 1 tbsp. l yeast powder;
- 1 egg;
- 250 ml of molasses;
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix flour, oil, heated in a water bath, and ½ tbsp. Sahara.
- Add yeast, egg and milk, mix.
- Leave the dough for 35-40 minutes.
- Getting down to stuffing. Mix the remaining sugar and molasses.
- Add a piece of butter and cinnamon. Mix this mass thoroughly.
- Split the dough into equal pieces in the form of balls.
- Fry each billet in a heated waffle iron until golden brown.
- Cut the finished waffle into halves, spread with filling and form peculiar nuts. Dessert is ready.
If you want to please your loved ones with a delicious dessert, then select the appropriate waffle recipe for a Soviet waffle iron. In addition to preparing delicious pastries, you will give a new life to an undeservedly forgotten device. And in order to learn how to make waffles, you absolutely do not need to have a rich culinary experience; even a child will cope with this task.