From winter avitaminosis no one is immune. There is a category of people who prefer to deal with it with medication, and there are those who begin to choose dishes for their menu with special care. After all, healthy food can help the body to cope with a lack of nutrients - for example, such a valuable product as sauerkraut.
Queen of pickles
The recipe for sauerkraut in a can is the most popular cooking option for a deliciously delicious snack that:
- increase immunity;
- balance protein metabolism in the body;
- will lower cholesterol.
Many housewives prefer to cook vegetables in these containers because in this way all useful substances are stored in salting (in particular, a large amount of ascorbic acid). It is worth noting the convenience of this method: many recipes that describe how tasty salted cabbage in a jar, involve the calculation of the container, and not the amount of vegetables.
As for the taste nuances, a glass jar placed in the cold will significantly slow down the fermentation process of cabbage. So, you can enjoy the pleasant crunch of cabbage threads for a long time. And one more secret of successful fermentation is the choice of the right variety for salting. It should be late varieties, but not touched by frost and without damage to the outer leaves.
How to pickle cabbage for the winter in banks; 4 easy ways
There are many methods of salting this vegetable. The main difference is whether they are supposed to have a carrot or not. The remaining options are based on the addition of certain spices and seasonings.
The classic way to pickle cabbage in a jar is quick and tasty.
Among the popular brine recipes for sauerkraut, the easiest and fastest is made from water, salt and sugar. This method is very convenient for residents of the city who do not have a basement for storing pickles.
- 1 medium head of white cabbage;
- 2-3 large carrots;
- 2 tbsp. l salt;
- 2 tbsp. l white sugar;
- 2 liters of filtered water (for a 3-liter jar).
- We wash the cabbage well with water and chop finely (the thinner the slicing of the vegetable is, the faster the pickle will be ready).
- Carrot three grated.
- Mix vegetables and well mnemy hands to stand out juice.
- Put the mixture in the jar.
- Pour salt and sugar into warm boiled water, stir and pour into cabbage.
- We put a closed jar in a bowl - so the brine in the fermentation process will not spread - and send it to a dark, cool place for 2-3 days.
Every day, the cabbage needs to be opened and pierced with a knife or a spoke in order for fermentation gases to come out.
If desired, you can add bay leaf (2-3 leaves per jar) and peppercorns (6-7 pieces) to this recipe.
Sauerkraut recipe for borscht
To add color and juiciness to the pickles often add beets. The variant describing how to pickle cabbage with such a “partner” in a bank was loved by many housewives by the fact that the harvest is not only very tasty and healthy. It also significantly reduces the time for cooking borscht, because some of the vegetables - cabbage, beets - have already been cut.
- 8 kg of white cabbage;
- 2 beets;
- 5-6 cloves of garlic;
- 2-3 horseradish roots;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 3 hot peppers;
- 4 liters of filtered water;
- 200 g of salt;
- 200 grams of sugar.
- Shred cabbage, three grated beets. If you like large pieces of vegetables in a snack, then you can cut it into squares, but this option is no longer suitable for soups.
- Finely chop the parsley, chop the garlic garlic, and horseradish rub on a fine grater.
- We mix all the ingredients and tamp well.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add sugar and salt to it.
- Fill the vegetables with brine and send them to a warm place for 2 days, then lay them out in cans and transfer them to a cool room (basement, balcony) for a week.
Such a beautiful composition can be stored for a long time, the main thing is to keep it in the cold.
German answer to the question how to pickle cabbage in 3 x liter jar
Scrupulous Germans believe that the secret of their sauerkraut taste is in a shredder. Then the thin threads of a vegetable will just melt in your mouth.
- 3 kg of white cabbage;
- 3 carrots;
- 3 tbsp. l cumin;
- 2 tbsp. l salt;
- ½ tbsp. cranberries;
- 3 small juicy apples.
- Thinly chop the cabbage, grate the carrots and mix the vegetables.
- On a hot skillet, fry the cumin for 2-3 minutes, and then knead it in a mortar.
- Washed apples cut into slices, removing the core.
- Put ½ vegetable mixture on the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle with cumin, add cranberries and apples.
- Make another vegetable layer and set the oppression.
- We send the lidded container with cabbage to a warm place for 2 days, and then, putting it into jars, put them in the refrigerator. Fragrant snack is ready.
Sauerkraut without salt: a quick recipe in a jar
It turns out that for sauerkraut salt is not a necessary component. This can be seen on the example of the original and very tasty recipe.
- 3-4 kg of cabbage;
- 4 carrots;
- ¼ Art. dill seeds;
- ½ tbsp. cranberries.
- Shred cabbage, grate carrots.
- Dill mashed with cranberries.
- In a container with high sides, mix all the ingredients, cover with a plate and put the load on top.
- We send the billet to a warm place for 2 days, and then we put it in cans and put it in a cold store.
In the winter-spring period, you want something salty, moderately spicy! And universal snacks come to the rescue - pickles in a glass container. The recipe for sauerkraut in a jar can be changed to your liking, even if desired, eliminating salt. Just be sure to respect the proportions of the ingredients - then the snack will turn out well.