Rafaello candies have a lot of admirers: delicate stuffing, crispy shell, walnut and coconut chips - all this makes them an exquisite delicacy, which is hard to resist. Of course, he immediately appeared various analogues, professionals began to prepare sweets at home, and in addition to the sweet original versions, the recipes of appetizers "Raffaello" - no less delicate and delicious, began to be born. The most interesting ones are based on crab sticks.
Crab balls "Raffaello" in haste: a basic recipe
The total cooking time (with cooling) for such a snack is 30-35 minutes, the number of ingredients is calculated for 10-12 balls. If desired, walnut can be replaced by pine, as well as give up garlic, if you want to get a more delicate flavor.
Frozen crab sticks - 5-6 pcs.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Cream cheese or any cream cheese - 100 g
- Hard cheese - 120 g
- Walnuts - 80 g
- Sour cream nonfat - 40 ml
- Garlic cloves - 1-2 pcs.
- The kernels of nuts are washed, dumped on a dry frying pan, heated and slightly fried to darken their surface. After that, the peel is removed from the nuclei.
- Chicken eggs are boiled hard-boiled and pass through the shallow side of the grater. The same must be repeated for hard cheese and crab sticks. The latter should be frozen so as not to crumble.
- Crushed cheese and eggs should be mixed with sour cream and melted curds, knead until complete homogeneity. There to mix the garlic passed through a press. From the resulting mass roll 10-12 balls, in the middle of which you need to place the walnut kernels.
- At the final stage, the balls are rolled around in chips from crab sticks, laid out on a flat dish and put into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. However, they can stand there longer, depending on how much time is available before serving snacks.
- If you want crab balls to have the same crunchy shell as real Raffaello candies, you can resort to the following trick: grind a few wafer bread rolls (oatmeal or wheat) into a blender, roll in them cream cheese balls, then dip cover them with sour cream and crab chips.
Salad "Raffaello" with crab sticks
The same appetizer can be not only in the form of single crab balls, but also a full-fledged salad, or part of it. Of course, you can use the basic recipe above, just by mixing all the ingredients in a salad bowl, but it is better to bring something new. For example, make a snack "Raffaello" with crab sticks, salmon and olives. Walnut is replaced by almonds.
- Hard cheese - 240 g
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise - 5 tbsp.
- Crab sticks - 10 pcs.
- Almonds - 15-17 pcs.
- Smoked Salmon - 100 g
- Pitted olives - 7-8 pcs.
- Sheet salad - 1 bunch
- Dill - 1 bunch
- Smoked salmon is cut into small pieces, the olives are divided into halves, the egg is boiled soft-boiled (need soft yolk!), Cleaned and crushed with a knife.
- Almonds are washed in cold water 2-3 times, poured into a hot, dry frying pan, dried on a low heat and browned. If you wish, you can remove the husks from the nuts, but in general, its presence will not affect the taste. Nuts should be chopped in half with a knife.
- Almonds, salmon and halves of olives are connected in such a way that 15-17 small “kernels” are turned out, put aside.
- Hard cheese is rubbed on the shallow side of the grater, mixed with chopped egg and mayonnaise, as well as with chopped dill. This mass needs to wrap up the "cores" and roll up large balls from it.
- Crab sticks are crushed by means of a grater, in the resulting chips, almost finished "Raffaello" crumble and unfold on a dish covered with lettuce leaves, forming a small hill. Also between the balls you can put whole olives or sprigs of greens.
- Such an appetizer will be even more interesting and tastier if it is spread over a classic crab stick salad, or sprinkled with a ready-made hill with grated soft cheese. Before serving, the dish is necessarily cooled for 30-40 minutes. Professionals recommend eating crab "Raffaello" with a sauce of cranberries (they just need to boil down with sugar and lemon juice), putting balls on skewers or toothpicks, so that it is more convenient to dip them into the sauce.
"Raffaello" of crab sticks can definitely compete with famous sweets, especially since it has indisputable more benefits, and nutritional value too. You can experiment with fillings on your own: the main thing in such a snack is crab shavings instead of coconut and cheese and cream or cheese and mayonnaise mass as the base. And this is a great opportunity to feed a child who does not like traditional salads.