Rabbit meat, if properly cooked, turns out very tasty and tender. In addition, rabbit meat is quite useful, because it is rich in special protein, replenishing the energy supply of the human body. In this case, the rabbit can be safely included in the diet, as it contains far fewer calories than other types of meat. There are a lot of cooking options. Today we will look at how a rabbit with potato stew is cooked.
How to cook rabbit meat to make it juicy?
As already mentioned, the juiciness of rabbit meat depends on the method of its preparation. This is what experts advise to consider:
- so that the rabbit is tender and soft, it is better to extinguish it, but when baking, the meat becomes harsh;
- The ideal ingredients for extinguishing rabbit meat are sour cream, mayonnaise, wine (white or red), and also milk;
- when stewing a rabbit with potatoes, you can add a variety of vegetables: Bulgarian pepper, eggplant, tomatoes, etc .;
- for cooking a rabbit with potatoes, meat is better divided into portions;
- Before preparing the rabbit, rinse it thoroughly under running water and dry it;
- the rabbit is juicy and tender if the meat is fresh or chilled;
- Stew rabbit can be a variety of ways: in a cauldron, multicooker, thick-walled saucepan, in a frying pan and in the oven.
Well, let's start creating your own culinary masterpieces.
Rabbit stewed with potatoes in a cauldron
This recipe is quite simple in execution, and the dish is hearty and unsurpassed in taste. It will be the perfect decoration not only for everyday, but also festive table. By the way, stewed potatoes with a rabbit in a saucepan are prepared according to the same recipe.
- rabbit meat - 700 g;
- 2-3 carrots;
- 2 onions;
- potatoes - 700 g;
- fat sour cream - ½ st .;
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l .;
- filtered or boiled water - 1 l;
- butter - 60 g;
- spice mix and salt.
- If you have a whole rabbit carcass, then it must be cut into portions. Put the meat in a separate bowl and fill it with cold water. Leave for one hour. During this time, the water needs to be changed 2-3 times.
- In order not to waste time, while our rabbit is soaked, clean the potatoes, as well as carrots and onions. Cut potatoes and carrots into medium-sized cubes, and onions into rings.
- Remove the rabbit meat and rinse it under running water, and then dry it. In the pan melt butter and spread our rabbit. Fry it until you get a crust of golden color from all sides. The meat is seasoned with a mixture of spices and salt.
- Now we take a cauldron and put meat into it from the pan, pouring the remaining butter on top. Add the prepared vegetables, as well as sour cream and tomato paste.
- In the cauldron pour 1 liter of water. If you see that the water is low, you can add a little.
- As soon as the water boils, you need to reduce the heat and simmer our dish for 45-55 minutes.
- Willingness is determined by meat. Try the sauce and add spices and salt if necessary. Here is a rabbit stewed in sour cream with potatoes, we should succeed.
Rabbit meat baked in the oven with white wine
This recipe is original for its white wine sauce. Simmer the rabbit with potatoes, we will be in the pots - so the meat is more tender and soft. Mushrooms and bacon will add refinement to the taste of the dish. Believe me, rabbit meat cooked this way will become your favorite treat.
- 1 kg of rabbit;
- fresh mushrooms - 500 g;
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 2-3 garlic cloves;
- 1 tsp. dried thyme;
- 250 ml of white dry wine;
- 150 g of bacon;
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- The first step is to prepare rabbit meat. Tip: Take only the breast and hind legs, because they are more fleshy, and the other parts are useful for making broth.
- Bacon should be cut into small strips and fry in a hot frying pan. Do not add oil, because the bacon has enough of its own fat, just make sure that it does not burn.
- Take out the finished bacon and place the rabbit pieces in the pan. Fry the meat will be on the fat that remained after the bacon. If it is not enough, then you can add a small piece of butter to the pan. Cooking rabbit meat until golden brown.
- We take the second frying pan and fry the pre-chopped mushrooms in a small amount of oil until they get a slightly brown tint and the excess liquid is evaporated.
- Now add chopped onion to the mushrooms and fry. Mix the cooked mushrooms and onions in a plate of bacon.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes of medium size.
- We take pots and lay out our ingredients in layers in the following order: potatoes, meat, bacon with onions and mushrooms. Season the dish with a mixture of peppers and salt, squeeze the garlic, and also add a pinch of dried thyme on top.
- It remains to pour a little dry white wine in each pot and send the dish to prepare in the oven for one hour. Simmer rabbit with potatoes and mushrooms at a temperature threshold of 190 degrees.
- After the specified time the dish will be ready. It is perfect to taste with sour cream sauce.
Simmer rabbit with potatoes in a slow cooker
Multicooker today is in almost every kitchen, because it is simply indispensable for hostesses. If you have little time or do not want to stand at the oven for a long time, drain the rabbit with potatoes in a slow cooker. Believe me, this dish is not inferior in taste to those cooked in an oven or a cauldron.
- rabbit meat - 500 g;
- potatoes - 500 g;
- sour cream - 150-250 ml;
- 1 large carrot;
- 1 large onion;
- spice mix and salt;
- vegetable oil;
- Prepare the rabbit meat: cut into small portions and soak, and then wash and dry.
- Vegetables clean, wash. Potatoes need to be cut into medium cubes, onions - half-hems, and carrots should be grated.
- Install the program "Frying" on the multicooker and pour in some vegetable oil. We spread the meat and fry on each side for 15 minutes.
- Add onion to meat and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now put the grated carrots in the crock-pot and fry them all together for several minutes.
- Put potatoes on top, mix everything well and add sour cream. The dish is seasoned with a mixture of peppers and salt.
- We switch the multicooker to the "Quenching" program and prepare before it ends (at least one hour).
- At the beep, add chopped greens to the bowl (optional) and leave the dish on the plate for another 10-15 minutes.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in cooking rabbit meat with potatoes. The main thing is to cook with pleasure and desire. Enjoy your meal!