Perhaps Mexican cuisine is not as popular in Russia as Mediterranean or even Georgian, but there are definitely dishes in it that have become frequent guests on the menu of many restaurants and cafeterias. One of these is quesadilla, which is a thin tortillas with a filling.
Classic quesadilla: recipe and dish features
If you try to translate literally the name of this dish, you’ll get the “cheese”. And this phrase ideally describes the key components of the quesadilla - cheese and thin flat cakes, somewhat similar to Armenian lavash, but thinner and drier. Without the quesadilla cheese can not be, except for its dessert modification with fruit.
All other versions, including the original, necessarily imply its presence. Cheese here is also an element that holds the structure in proper form: it holds the cakes together when they are fried.
The tortillas themselves are made with cornmeal or wheat flour and are a national product in Mexico. On their basis, many dishes are cooked, including burrito and enchilag. Quesadilla differs from them precisely in the form of serving: in it the filling is not wrapped in a cake, but simply overlapped with tortillas, becoming the middle layer between them.
Taking into account the fact that, in addition to cheese, in the classical quesadilla of other components of the filling, it may not be, the tortilla manufacturing algorithm itself is the basis for the original recipe. Of course, it can be purchased in a large supermarket, but this option is not always available.
At home, it will not be possible to do everything according to the rules, since these cakes are baked on stones, like the Italian pizza. But in the oven or even in the pan will come out just as good.
It will take 30-40 minutes free and 4 ingredients: water, flour, salt and fat. In the role of the latter can make butter, it should be a little - 50 g. Boiled water, cooled to 70 degrees. Its required 200 ml. Flour in the original recipe for corn, but it can be replaced with wheat. Volume - 3 tbsp. And salt is needed only a pinch - 1 tsp.
Cooking is simple. The dough is kneaded on the table of butter, flour and salt, crushed into crumb. Water is added last. The elastic clod is wrapped in a film and sent to the cold for no more than 30 minutes.
After the dough is distributed into 8 parts, they are required on a flour-covered table and roll into cakes. Their thickness is small, almost to a transparent state, the diameter should be 15 cm. In a cast iron pan, the bottom of which is not smeared with anything, each cake is baked for 1.5-2 minutes. at both sides. An indicator of its readiness is brown spots and overall goldiness of the surface. In order to avoid drying, store the tents in the package.
The original is considered not only a simple cheese quesadilla, but also a recipe with chicken meat. In this version, the dish becomes an excellent hearty lunch or snack, if served in small portions.
- Chicken fillet -500 g
- Tortillas-2 pcs.
- Onions -1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 150 g
- Soft cheese -75 g
- According to the original idea, cheese is required such that it will easily melt at high temperatures. By taste in preference varieties with nut or pepper notes.
- Initially, the chopped onion is passaged, after which chopped chicken joins it. Pre-meat can be scalded for 20-30 minutes.
- Oil for frying - olive. Put the pasta and desired spices on the pan. You can do pepper with salt, you can add basil with tarragon.
- 2-3 days under the lid all the ingredients during this time grate the cheese.
- Next, take a cast iron pan, which is carefully heated. A flat cake is laid on its dry bottom. A piece of cheese crumbles on top, the filling is distributed, and the rest of the cheese is poured.
- It is covered by another flat cake, after which it is heated in a frying pan without a lid for 2-3 minutes. on each side.
- Before serving, the tortillas with the filling are cut into portions. Hot quesadilla is used. Supplement is hot sauce or low-fat sour cream.
Fruit and Vegetable Quesadilla
Exotic lovers will appreciate the fruit-vegetable quesadilus: this is a free interpretation of the original dish. From the Mexican cuisine there is little left, except that the tortillas themselves and the sauce for them, as well as a sharp note in the filling.
- Cottage cheese - 250 g
- Lime - 1 pc.
- Soft cheese - 150 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Canned pineapples - 1 bank
- Olive oil
- Juice is squeezed out of half the lime, the remaining half will go into the sauce. Grained cottage cheese is frayed with spices, flavored with lime juice and chili pepper, fresh coriander leaves are added.
- Soft cheese pass through a grater, put to the cottage cheese. The final ingredient is bell peppers, which should be turned into small cubes. The whole mass is brought to the most uniform state.
- For the sauce in the olive oil, fry the chili pepper and mustard seed. Dip pineapple cubes there. After 3-4 minutes squeeze the juice from the remaining half of the lime, pour the syrup out of the can. The mass languishes under the lid to a thick syrup.
- The cake is placed on a hot, dry pan with a filling, filled with filling, over which is placed another cake. On each side it takes 3 minutes. on high heat.
Quesadilla with mushroom notes
- Tortillas - 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Mushrooms (preferably white) -200 g
- Zucchini - 2-3 pieces
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 150 g
- Cheese -150 g
- Red wine - 1 tbsp.
- Butter or olive oil - 10 g
- The oil is added to a preheated pan, spread shredded onions. He is given 3-4 minutes. on the passaging, after which the rings are removed from the pan. In the same oil quickly fried peppers.
- Behind them, cooked zucchini, which is stewed with mushrooms. Wine is added to them, and the mixture is heated for another 3-5 minutes under the lid.
- In the other pan pancake falls to the hot bottom. Top wakes up the cheese and add the filling.
- You can cover the remaining tortilla, and you can put everything only half the tortilla, bending it. Then the filling will be distributed between 2 cakes, which will be simultaneously heated in a frying pan. Each of them is given 3 min.
- You can bring the dish to readiness in the oven. Then the pan with the quesadilla is sent to the preheated oven, where it costs 8-10 minutes. at a temperature of 175 degrees.
Quesadilla is fast, original and unforgettably tasty. A versatile dish can be served for dinner or as a snack. The basis of any recipe is tortilla tortilla and soft cheese. This is how classic quesadilla is prepared. If desired, you can add any fillings to taste in the dish.