Pumpkin juice is a real storehouse of vitamins (including rare for other K vegetables) and pectin. Today, such a product is rarely found on store shelves. We will share with you the recipes for preparing yourself pumpkin juice for the winter - a very useful and tasty drink.
Will such juice be stored?
Much has been said about the benefits of pumpkin juice. Rich in vitamins, it is very useful in the winter, when our body is sorely lacking nutrients.
Fresh juice can be stored in the refrigerator no more than a day. A drink, prepared by pasteurization or using a juicer, will last about a year, but always in a cool and dark room.
Many different pumpkin varieties can be found, but only 3 are suitable for making juice. They have a sweet taste and juicy flesh:
- Pumpkin Hard - an early variety with large seeds and sweet fruits;
- large-fruited pumpkin - gives large fruits with sweet, aromatic and juicy pulp, weighing from 2 to 5 kg, which can be stored in the cellar all winter;
- Butternut pumpkin is a late variety with small fruits and juicy, very tasty pulp.
The basic recipe for making juice from the pumpkin for the winter
Be sure to serve the juice prepared in this way to the table at breakfast, especially in winter - and you will be full of strength and good mood all day long.
- 3 kg of pumpkin;
- 10 g of citric acid;
- 300 g of sugar;
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Prepare a pumpkin: cut off the peel, remove the seeds.
- Bake pumpkin pieces in the oven or cook in a saucepan until soft, pour 0.5 liters of water. Boil for 20-30 minutes over medium heat. In preheated to 1800With the oven, bake for 15 minutes until soft.
- Soft pumpkin cool and chop. Use a juicer or blender.
- Put the puree mass into the pan and dilute with water in the amount of 1.5 liters.
- Add sugar and mash the mixture to a boil over low heat. As soon as it boils, keep it on fire for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the acid, mix and pour the hot mass into glass jars.
Pumpkin juice with lemon
In the cold season, when our body especially needs strong immunity, vegetable juice with citrus will very appropriately add necessary trace elements to the daily diet.
- 1 kg of peeled pumpkin pulp;
- 250 grams of sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 1 lemon
- Pour water into enamelware, add sugar there, put it on a fire.
- Cut off the peel from the pumpkin, peel off the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- As soon as the syrup boils, put the chopped pumpkin pulp into it. Make the fire minimal and cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- Skim the pumpkin pieces and grind them in a blender.
- Pot of syrup from the fire can not be removed.
- Put the mashed potatoes back into the hot syrup.
- Immediately add pure lemon juice (without peel and pulp).
- After the juice boils, hold it on a slow fire for exactly 10 minutes and immediately pour it into the cans, plug it with the lids.
- Wait for the juice to cool at room temperature, and then immediately remove it to a dark and cool room.
Pumpkin and carrot - nutritious and healthy!
This vegetable combination is very popular with children of any age. The bright color of the juice is able to cheer up even on an overcast autumn day, and there is no reason to speak about its benefits.
- 3 kg of pumpkin pulp;
- 4 large carrots;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 15 g of citric acid;
- 3 liters of water.
- Cut the vegetables into slices - preferably small, so that it is more convenient to grind them into mashed potatoes.
- Fill the vegetable mixture with a small amount of water so that it slightly covers them from above, and simmer on low heat until soft. Usually it is 5-10 minutes.
- As soon as the vegetables are cooked, drain the water, but do not pour it out (it will still come in handy), and chop the pieces into mashed potatoes in a blender.
- Mix the vegetable puree and the previously drained water, add the remaining amount of liquid, sugar and acid and bring the mass to a boil.
- Boil just a couple of minutes (the most important is to completely dissolve the granulated sugar) and pour it into clean sterilized jars.
Delicious juice with pulp
This recipe is useful for housewives who do not have a lot of pumpkin, but I really want to prepare a tasty and healthy drink for the winter.
- 1 kg of pumpkin (pulp);
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 2.5 liters of water;
- 1 lemon or 15 g of citric acid;
- pinch of nutmeg optional.
- First put on the fire a deep enamel pot with water and sugar. While you will be engaged in pumpkin, you will have time to prepare syrup.
- Raw peeled pumpkin pulp in the raw state is grated on the smallest grater.
- Wait for the syrup to boil, and dip the grated pumpkin into it.
- Boil at the smallest level of fire for 15-20 minutes.
- When the flesh is very soft, add the lemon and nutmeg, cut into large pieces.
- Without adding fire, cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Take out the lemon pieces.
- Crush the remaining flesh right in the dish neatly with a blender, but remove the pan from the heat.
- Then bring the vegetable mass to the boil again and immediately distribute it in glass jars.
We use a juicer
Juice prepared in this way is not as thick and not as saturated as a drink with pulp, but it does not yield to him in taste, benefit and content of vitamins.
- 2 kg of pumpkin;
- 2 kg of cranberries;
- 4 liters of water.
- 200-300 g of granulated sugar (be guided by your taste).
- Put a pot of water and sugar on the fire to prepare the syrup while you are pumping.
- Cut the vegetable into pieces and squeeze the juice out of it using a juicer.
- Similarly, squeeze the juice from cranberries.
- When the syrup boils, add cranberry and pumpkin juice to it, reduce the burner flame to an average and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- If you like juice with a lot of pulp, then add a little pumpkin puree to the syrup that will remain in the juicer.
- Pour hot juice over the cans and roll up the lids.
In this recipe it is not necessary to use cranberries, you can replace it with lemon or citric acid.
Useful pumpkin-orange drink
Everyone will appreciate the wonderful drink prepared according to this recipe, both adults and children. The use of such juice is an excellent prevention of colds in the winter.
- 1 pumpkin (about 1-1.5 kg);
- 3 oranges;
- 5 g of citric acid;
- 125 g sugar per 1 liter of juice.
- Cut pumpkin pulp into cubes, fold into a deep enameled bowl and boil until soft, filled with water. It takes about half an hour on medium heat.
- Once the pumpkin pieces are soft, drain and chop them in a blender to make a smooth mash.
- Add puree and sugar to the puree.
- With a citrus juicer, squeeze orange juice and pour it into vegetable puree.
- Bring all ingredients to medium heat to a boil, boil for 10 minutes and then pour into clean cans.
You can cook a lot of different flavoring options pumpkin juice, which does not affect its benefits for our body. If you like badyan or ground cinnamon, then you can safely add these spices to the juice. It is permissible to replace lemon with sour apples and add dried apricots to carrot-pumpkin juice. Do not be afraid to dream: pumpkin is a versatile vegetable of its kind, which goes well with various spices, berries and vegetables.