Both pumpkin and oranges are extremely useful! These products have a wide list of healing and nutritional properties, due to their vitamin-mineral composition. You can combine the positive qualities of vegetables and fruits by boiling from them delicious jams for the winter.
Pumpkin jam with oranges: recipes
- Ripe pumpkin - 1 kg
- Granulated sugar - 900-1000 g
- Orange (large) - 1 pc.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut it into pieces with a thickness of up to 10 mm and remove the seeds and peel. The flesh should not be too soft, because the overripe product is devoid of vitamins and taste. Perfect for this jam nutmeg pumpkin.
- Orange wash, remove seeds, skip the pulp through a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
- Take a wide enamel pot, put thin slices of pumpkin on the bottom, sprinkle with sugar and an orange on top.
- Layers should be alternated until the products run out, but in such a way that there is not much space left up to the top. Now you need to remove the pot somewhere for 12 hours.
- After the specified time in the pan need to pour 1 tbsp. water, put on the fire and cook for half an hour on low heat after the mixture boils.
- At the end of cooking, the jam must be poured into the jars and tighten the lids.
- By the way, instead of an orange you can take sweet tangerines (0.5 kg) or lingonberries.
Pumpkin jam with a hint of cinnamon
- Pumpkin - 0.5 kg
- Sugar - 250 g
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Cinnamon - ½ sticks
- Peel the seeds and peel the pumpkin and cut into small cubes.
- Then put the pieces of vegetable in a thick pan, cover with sugar and leave for a couple of hours.
- During this period of time, the pumpkin will have time to give the juice, in which, in consequence, it will continue to boil.
- Finely chop the orange and add to the pumpkin with cinnamon (instead of cinnamon, you can use 2 star anise).
- Put the pot on the fire and bring the contents to a boil over medium heat, and then boil the jam, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid is evaporated, the pumpkin begins to boil soft.
- Then jam can be poured into cans.
Healthy Walnut Dessert
- Pumpkin - 0.5 kg
- Sugar - 30 g
- Walnuts - ½ tbsp.
- Orange - 3 pcs.
- Grate oranges zest and squeeze the juice.
- From the juice and sugar to make a syrup, which then should be put there peeled and diced pumpkin. Then pour in a little water, add nuts and cook until the mixture thickens.
- When the pumpkin is soft, the jam is ready for bottling!
Lose weight tasty!
Despite the fact that jam is associated with dessert, pumpkin jam with oranges and lemon helps to lose weight! But it is cooked in several stages.
- Pumpkin - 3 kg
- Oranges (large) - 2 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Pumpkin peel, cut into cubes.
- Oranges and lemon just need to be washed, cleaned, do not need, and also cut into cubes. Stir the chopped ingredients with sugar, put on the fire and wait until the mixture boils. After that, boil the jam for 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside for an hour.
- After this, the manipulations must be repeated: boil the mass for 5-7 minutes and insist for an hour.
- Then pour the jam on the banks and spin them.
Making preparations for the winter
- Pumpkins - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1 kg
- Water - 1.5 Art.
- Boil the syrup out of sugar and water until it begins to drain.
- Peel the pumpkin and seeds, cut into 1 cm cubes, cover with hot syrup and cook over low heat until ready. The finished jam will have a rich amber color.
- After the product should be poured into sterilized jars and roll up.
- Pumpkin - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1.5 kg
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Cook the syrup out of the water and half the sugar.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into small cubes and lower it for 10-15 minutes into a solution of 1.5% baking soda.
- Then rinse the pumpkin in clean water and pour the cooked syrup, bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After that, cool the mixture, add the rest of the sugar, boil again for a few minutes and leave for 6-8 hours.
- Then you need to boil the jam until fully cooked and cool.
- The finished product is spread on banks and close the lids. Keep this jam should be in the cold.
There is nothing difficult in preparing wonderful pumpkin and oranges jam, but how good is it! With it, you can not only drink tea, but also cook pastries. By the way, pumpkin seeds are not necessary to throw away, they can be dried and then there is the same as sunflower seeds. They also contain a lot of useful substances and contribute to the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.